Would changing from a Fury to a Warden fit my playstyle?

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Tirga, Jun 14, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Owlbear Guest

Well, I HAD a Fury and I did betray him and now I am a Warden!

I havn't had too much play time in on my newly betrayed Warden to have any real comparitive information since I just finished the quest last night. Plus I'm waiting for my ad3's to be done as well so I'll have some desent spells.

Why did I switch? Yes, roots were a large reason. Plus other small things that bugged me about the Fury.... like Ring of Fire. Sure it was a great aoe damage spell but its out of encounter so I can't be used 90% of the time and it has gotten me and others killed when I chose badly on when I used it. On the Warden the wolf dumbfire pets are always useable and way more reliable for dps in almost all situations. I'm sure I'll miss the Starfire line of spells but then again they cast slow and have a longer recast. Again I don't know how many times I've gotten the mob is already dead on my screen in mid-cast. Things like that bugged me. I found the Fury healing more than good but it will be fun to adjust to the Warden style of "keeping ahead of the damage" healing since I won't have those spike heals to save my butt. There is nothing wrong with a Fury by any stretch its just that Wardens seem a bit more.... deeper? They seem to need a bit more strategy to be played well, is that a sound conculsion? Promise of new playstyle options and challenges attracted me to the Warden class. The fun spells are nicer on the Warden as well hehe.

Disco leaves>hoola hoops of light ;)

Message Edited by Omegarhino on 06-16-2006 02:31 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-BlackVelvet2 Guest

Two things out of your list I have to comment on.

1) I absolutely LOVE the evac. I have invis potions for when I need them and I buy them on weekends very cheaply. Evac has saved me countless: hours of fighting through mobs on dungeons with multiple names/quests to do (not to mention having to use gate and run back to the dungeon) and gold in repairs.

2) masters availability on your server. People laugh at me because all my major spells I use are all masters..and I'm level 53 warden. I can't tell you how the master heals, damage, and roots have completely changed my gameplay to more fun. So if it is true for your server that masters are more plentiful for wardens, it is something I'd consider definitely.

But number one is one main reason I'm glad I made a Warden.