Would changing from a Fury to a Warden fit my playstyle?

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Tirga, Jun 14, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Tirga Guest

I'm currently a level 28 Fury, I'm thinking of betraying to Qeynos to seek some roleplay there. I'm debating switching from my fury to a Warden when I betray, so I came here for advice.

I like doing damage and soloing quests. My regular groupmate is a Necromancer, almost always on when I play.
    I looked at warden spells versus Fury spells, and had a few questions in relation.
    I also very much noticed that Warden spells are far more plentiful at cheeper costs (at least on my server) with a larger pool of Masters available for purchase.

Healing - Do Wardens heal much/at all better than furies?
    Damage - I notice Wardens get 1 more nuke than furies, theirs also has a -cold mitigation debuff on it, this sound nice. How good is it?
    How does their AE damage spell compare to Furies? Unfortunatly I can't find a copy of the spell on the broker to look, and few sites list the damage.
    How does the +melee skills compare to the furies +str/sta/haste spell? If I'm to understand, it's bad.
    Do the single-target damage sheilds do more damage than the AE Fury ones?
    Did I notice correctly that the Wardens are the only class that doesn't have a kill-heal? You know, the one that heals the group when you kill said monster. It would apear that they get a single target heal-sheild instead.
    Evac vs. Spirit of Cheetah. Discuss.
    Whats a Furies version of duststorm? Is there any?

Wolf form seems very good, about how much % mitigation does it add? (say, adept 1 level)

It also apears to me that Wardens get the much cooler illusions/forms than Furies, the Fury lion form is quite possibly the buggiest model I have ever seen (Admitedly, I laugh every time I strafe as a lion... or walk backwards)

Any other information would be great. Thanks in advance.
  2. ARCHIVED-Crimson Dragon Guest

wardens heal well. a lot of it is regen. you get the same primary regen line as the furies have (heals x every 2 seoncds) doesn't stack with the fury one either since they're the same with different names. our heal and arch heal lines do about half of their healing in burst, and then the other half over time in ticks every second. say it casts for 500 and then does 50 every second for 10 seconds, as an example.

furies will end up with more damage spells than wardens, i believe. ours refresh pretty quick, but do less damage. i'm pretty sure that furies do more damage overall, but wardens can still do enough to kill things.

the warden's one aoe is alright. i'm sure the fury ones do more damage, and i know they end up with several

+ offensive combat skills basically only helps the target to hit better. goes well on a tank in defensive stance, yourself for melee attacks (i use it for the str achievement line), or a low level melee dps who needs a boost. the str + sta + haste buff is probly better, really.

single target damage shield does more damage at the same spell level (adept 1, for example)

we do not have a retro heal. (one that goes off after the target has died)

it would be evac vs. group invis + pact of the cheetah. personally, i'll always pick evac, i get more use out of it and can't really live without it. but you might like group invis and the quick speed boost more.

furies get nothing like duststorm. they get a temporary group buff that makes the next 3 melee attacks of each group member proc additional heat damage. (that may be what they get at the same level, but i don't really know) duststorm isn't all that great. there have been numerous discussions on this boards about it. the + defense doesn't really do a whole lot (maybe a % avoidance max). it's realy the knockdown that carries the spell, but sandstorm (higher level version of duststorm) isn't worth the power drain you get for it. (it does add up to quite a bit).

also, the level 50 / 70 marquee for furies is porcupine which is a big boost to the target's mitigation and resists and also gives them an additional damage shield that's pretty powerful. wardens get hierophantic genesis which heals more than the primary regen line every 2 seconds and restores a small amount of power over time as well. both last for 36 seconds and stun the caster.

hope that helps you some.... the way most wardens see it, we're a bit inferior in groups. what do we get for all of it? roots. the ability to solo virtually anything that can be rooted. so.... if you're gonna solo, wardens can do tougher things in the long run (at least for now.... guess it depends how roots change when the LU is enacted). we still heal very well and our buffs aren't bad, we just don't have those little extra things that set us apart from the other classes and really make us shine in any one particular situation. (but maybe some of us just feel that way, i haven't played all the other healers to 70 and really have no intention to :smileytongue:)
  3. ARCHIVED-Shadus Guest

Message Edited by Shadus on 06-14-2006 04:34 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

And yeesh do I use a lotta parantheses 0_o
    Message Edited by Dragonrealms on 06-14-2006 12:09 PM

Message Edited by Dragonrealms on 06-14-2006 12:11 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-Unmasked Guest

Overall I think furies and wardens are reasonably well balanced with the exception of our ancient/marquee spells. Unfortunately we are both stuck with arguably the worst AA choices of all priests and maybe even in the game. :p
    Message Edited by Unmasked on 06-14-2006 09:21 AM
    Message Edited by Unmasked on 06-14-2006 09:24 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Unmasked Guest

At level 50 HG only heals for marginally more than the level 54 HoT. To me it's not nearly enough to stun yourself for.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

Where'd you get this info? 0_o
  8. ARCHIVED-Unmasked Guest

Ogaming - dooming swarm and killing swarm are the same level as duststorm and sandstorm, respectively. If Ogaming is wrong well then blame them. :)
    Er I misread it - fixed - the fury spell line lowers defense, not divine resists. This makes it more comparable to the warden being defensive and fury being offensive as we add defense while the fury lowers it.
    Message Edited by Unmasked on 06-14-2006 09:26 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Crimson Dragon Guest

master 2 regen and adept 3 HG were about the same... adept 3 regen and adept 3 HA - advent wins by a long shot.
    problem was HG was t5 heal and the master 2 level 54 regen was t6.
  10. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Unmasked Guest

I didn't say it was the equivalent - just that it was the same level.
  12. ARCHIVED-Unmasked Guest

I wouldn't say it wins by a longshot. If both are available do you cast HA or your HoT?
  13. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

Post is misleading heh he asked for the fury version of duststorm.. well there isn't one in function but as far as what the spell is (ie a utility spell), their "version" is group invis while that dot is what they have in plac eof our fire nukes.
  14. ARCHIVED-Unmasked Guest

Yeah I didn't know what their version of it was so I just gave the level equivalent. Well in retrospect I hope it's not too confusing. :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Crimson Dragon Guest

it's highly dependent on the situation.... though i am known for casting both and toggling advent off early when needed.:smileytongue:

if the tank can stay up with 500-700 (or whatever the numbers are) healing every 2 seconds, then why not pick advent?
  16. ARCHIVED-Tirga Guest

Thank you all for your swift and informative responces.
    In the end I think I may end up going for Warden after all (still not entirely sure).
    Sorry about the confusion on some of the questsions, and as a clarification I would like to say that when I said "Equivilant" spell, I was refering how wardens and Furies have trade-offs between the classes, like wolf-form/lion-form, AE cold nuke/AE fire nuke, etc. Not neccisarily the same level. (as each fury and warden seems to have give and take from each class)

Thanks again!
  17. ARCHIVED-mcavellero Guest

As far as betraying goes, correct me if I am wrong, you cannot change from a fury to a warden when betraying because both of those classes are aval on both the good and evil sides...
  18. ARCHIVED-Tirga Guest

Nope, you have the choice upon completing your betrayal, Even if you betray and go back to the same city you can switch classes. No matter what though, even if you don't change class, all your abilities are reset to aprentice 1
  19. ARCHIVED-stargazer5678 Guest

Hi, I have 60 Fury on Oasis and 59 Warden on Nagafen.
    1. Healing. In terms of healing I noticed that Warden is not as good at handling spike damage. However, Warden is usually more efficient at healing and has a lot biger power pool due to the Wis buffs. Wardens also get a good healing tree :)
    2. DPS. With equal Intelligence Warden and Fury do about equal DPS to a single target (hard to have equal Int since Furies get Int buffs and Wardens don't), but Fury is far ahead vs grouped mobs. Also don't forget that they get 2 AOE spells (ring of fire and storm of something) in T6 and T7.
    3. Utility. Wardens get evac. That's huge, especially on the PvP server, they get root as well which again is huge. Furies get Spirit of Cheetah and group invis. Both are nice. with LU24 cheetah will remove root effects.
    Conclusion : I'd say for PvP setting Warden > Fury due to root and evac, but not many people realize that ;)
    On a regular server Fury is a bit more fun. When I started playing EQ2 I chose a Fury and at the time there were not many around. Now fury is a popular class, that's another reason to go Warden (more unique and cheaper spells).
    Yastreb, 60 Fury
    Leshii, 59 Warden
    Message Edited by stargazer5678 on 06-14-2006 04:16 PM
    Message Edited by stargazer5678 on 06-14-2006 04:19 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-Jayad Guest

Just would like to add to the great information here already, in duoing with a necro the AE damage and int buffs would be a significant factor in favor of the fury.
    In soloing, the roots are a nice advantage for the warden.