Worth to upgrade ?

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Eugam, Mar 3, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Eugam Guest

Hi,

healing grove and pack of the wolves. Are those worth to upgrade from T8 master to T9 expert ? Those spells have no numbers on them and its hard to know.
  2. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

I wouldn't make experts of them until the rares came way down in price. Unless of course you're in a raid guild in which case I'd just wait for them to drop.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kerahzey Guest

I am raiding the new content and have most of my teir 9 spells expert, all of my teir 8 were mastered. I think just 2-3 of my healing spells are still the teir 8 version master because they still heal for 100-200 more then the expert. Some of my experts are only like 5 points less then my old masters but i still use them. If you want a detailed version of what I use let me know.
    I am having no problems healing the new content, in fact I'm rocking the heals.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dannan Guest

Ever since they switched from 14 levels between upgrades to 10 levels between upgrades the power of your experts of the last tier are roughly equal to adeps of the current tier... goes for all qualities.
    Since you have masters for T8 you will NEED masters in T9 to see any upgrade at all...the only reason you have right now of purchacing an expert in T9 is if either the T8 version was an expert or the T8 version was a master and you want to use the research assistant to upgrade it to a master.
    My Illy is mostly mastered in all the core spells and the only T9 spell I'm using is my single target nuke and am currently using the research assistant to upgrade it to master (yay geting a free karborite in a tradeskilling event!) I have yet to use ANY other T9 spell and due to all my T8 masters will not be upgrading anything in T9 untill I'm able to master it.
    At this time save your money, its not worth upgrading anything atm (karborite on Mistmoore are still going for 18 plat or more each).
  5. ARCHIVED-Tryon Guest

T8 Nature's Pack II caps in the low 80's I believe. I noticed my wolves were green to me at 90 so I did some testing and even the Adept T9 Nature's Pack III is better than T8 Mater because your Pack of wolves will be a higher level.
    I tested on a level 80 solo mob doing no damage except with Nature's Pack. Master T8 only got the mob down to ~87%. Adept T9 got the mob down to ~72%
    I would say Nature's Pack is absolutely worth upgrading, since even the crappy Adept is better than T8.
    I can't speak for Healing Grove.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ayaka Guest

Healing grove probably works the same way as Nature's Pack. We have a 58 level "healing grove" that caps at a 75 level tree... "Healing grove II" probably has a level cap at like 85 or so, also, but I haven't leveled far enough to see for myself.
  7. ARCHIVED-Eugam Guest

Thanks for the infos. I guess i ll upgrade them. Prices are falling for diamonds. Worst case would be to loose 25 pp.