Worth it to join Kaladim this late in the game?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by BringerOfLight, Mar 21, 2021.

1. BringerOfLight New Member

Played mainly 2009 and before and occasionally come back to dabble on the live servers but am curious if it is worth subbing to play on TLE? I presume{?]that most of the population is at high/max level.
  2. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

It's top heavy for sure, but you can still catch up with a little tenacity.
  3. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

4. shaunisme Member

nope, just boxers and loot sellers.
  5. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

In this case, loot sellers could conceivably help them catch up at endgame. If they intend to play through low level content and not rush to endgame, loot sellers would be a moot point for them.
  6. Nukyular Member

EXACTLY, Meaghan. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the incessantly vocal minority who think SLR kills the game. I personally don't see what harm there is in casual players spending a little money and getting a few pieces of raid gear; IMO that kind of spending is actually what's keeping EQ2 alive right now, it certainly isn't the new content. Some people have more money than time and it doesn't hurt my feelings a bit if they want to spend it to get gear so they can solo or group more effectively. But to the crowd who think the game is somehow going to return to its purist roots despite the money being made by DBG via SLR, it becomes "nothing but botters" and they will NEVER shut up about it. It's sad really.

The truth is that Kaladim currently has several fairly competitive raid progression guilds, a lot of casual grouping guilds who also dabble in raiding, and two crews of Chinese boxers/botters who sell T1-T3 raid gear in auction channel pretty much on the daily. In other words, the game is being played exactly how it's been played since around 2007.
  7. Karioki Active Member

If it could stay up for a day I would say yes.
    Rozyn likes this.
  8. Rozyn Well-Known Member

Yes! I highly recommend finding an active guild as people like myself don't hang out in general, we're busy chatting and grouping with guildmates. The button to do that is U. We get new and return players in our guild almost daily. The server population is top-heavy, but leveling is certainly not insurmountable.
  9. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I come from a time when zones were full of auction spam and people bought and sold plat and gear on ebay. This is no different except that the ebay sales have been brought in house and legitimized through krono.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea people concerned about selling loot rights think that if that could be gotten rid of people would group more , I don't think so, all it would do is get rid of opportunities for casual players to get some raid gear .

Only some days ago I started a new toon and I met at least 6 people at low level in Darklight woods .
    So like other people already said your chances to catch up with end game are much better than on any regular server .
    And because we don't have any guildhalls cities are not deserted .
  11. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Straight up, if I've taken a break and gotten behind an expansion, I'll just sell a krono, buy some gear, and I'm ready to go again. When the expansion is operating on a truncated lifespan, it helps.
  12. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I come from a time when people that bought coin and gear with real money were banned and ousted by the community. Botting zones with 3rd party utilities and selling the gear was never legitimized, it's just been ignored.
  13. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I don't care about SLR (other than bot parties), but it actually can reduce grouping... if you buy the item you want from a zone then you have no reason to run the zone anymore on that character. I run some zones dozens of times for an item... once it drops, that's it.
  14. Ramblon Member

A friend of mine started playing again 2 days ago. He spent hours LFG for current content and ended up just soloing. The PvP server beta is launching the SAME day that Underfoot Depths content. Daybreak keeps shooting themselves in the foot every time.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok if the PvP beta begins later , how come I made a toon there already ? or maybe that must be a different pvp Beta

and I don't buy that loot and I am in big guild with lots of people who all just do their own thing and all to often I end up not being able to finish quests No Group to be found after the first 2 weeks .
    No your equipment is not good enough , or your not a high enough level , you don't have enough health , or resist or your spells have to be all at least experts ( I understand that one or you die all the time ).
    So people look for gear elsewhere so they can get the groups they where not able to get earlier .
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Venser Active Member

You have absolutely lost your mind. The beta that's live is the GU beta. What are you even saying in the second portion there? Like lvl 81 can join up any zone and do fine. No one anywhere has said you don't have enough resistance. The only reason I could see this is if you have zero ideas on how to gear yourself. SLR is also for people who spend 8 weeks running a zone unsuccessfully getting the item they need and instead of getting burnt out and quitting thdy buy what they need. Who really cares. I solo most SF zones on my Swash and SLR because that how I make a profit to craft and buy things. Just toggle ignore and move on. The xpack has been out long enough that if you haven't geared 1 toon out from heroics you'll probably not finish by the next xpack, which really blows my mind. Move on already
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Venser , maybe I have lost my mind .
    Breanna likes this.