Worth buying the expansion for..

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Liunatic, Dec 4, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Liunatic Guest

Okay, well all my toons are evil, I have a 26 warlock thats my lowest, geared like crap, only 13 AA's right now. I dont have the expansion yet, is it worth it to buy and reroll the warlock for the new race and all that crazy gear? And just lock him for the AA's? I really want Manashield ( obviously ).
    If so, how much is the expansion at stores vs. digital download? And how long is the download gonna take me?
  2. ARCHIVED-Effie Guest

is it worth it to buy and reroll the warlock for the new race and all that crazy gear?
    The Sarnak starting area is really cool and the drops are excellent for those tiers.

And just lock him for the AA's? I really want Manashield ( obviously ).
    I dunno. Level him/her up however you please. I didn't disable combat XP on my assassin and still managed 100 AAs before level 70.

how much is the expansion at stores vs. digital download?
    The retail box for ROK is like 40 bucks, the same price as the digital download from the Station store. I personally prefer having the installation disks... it makes for installs and/or reinstalls.

And how long is the download gonna take me?
    Shrug.
  3. ARCHIVED-PublicVoid Guest

Download took me about 3 hours, but that was during peak times, on the day of the expansion. Could possibly be as low as an hour now, depening on your conection speed. IMO the sarnak look cool, the new area is pretty sweet.. Might as well go for it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Captain Apple Darkberry Guest

Without the new races...

Without the new gear...

I still would not hesitate to say this expansion rocks.

And when I say rocks, I don't mean like Bryan Adams or Def Leppard. I mean like Iron Maiden, possibly even the Powerslave album.
  5. ARCHIVED-StormCinder Guest

If you're tired of Old World zones (pre RoK) then yeah...worth it. If you're still playing toons and exploring O.W. zones for the first time, then you may as well wait. It's just new race and some new zones.
    SC
  6. ARCHIVED-Liunatic Guest

Well, I bought it last night, took around 40 min to download. Started a sarnak warlock, and all I can say is wow on the new gear. Holy crap. Locked him at 12, up to 15 now with .. 9 AA? I think 9. What level does Timorous take you to? I was thinking about taking him over to DLW now and hittin those quests up. Where does the Griff from TD take you to in BB? Take a long time to get to DLW from Timorous?
  7. ARCHIVED-Effie Guest

Timorous Deep quest lines will take you to around level 20 at which point they lead you to Butcherblock Mountains where a new series of questlines will start.
    The quickest way to Darklight Wood would be to run south from the TD griffin point in BB to the docks. You can take the carpet (on the south end of the docks) to Sinking Sands then take the carpet in SS to Darklight.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lortet Guest

Effie wrote:
    Errr - or take the carpet from Gorowyn (near where you caught the griffon to BB) to SS -> DLW bypassing BB altogether
  9. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

I'd get it. Timorous Deep is the best damned outdoor zone in the game as far as zone design goes. The terrain is beautiful and interesting, the city is awesome(Inside a dormant volcano!), the questlines are plentiful, and the loot is amazing. There is no other zone even remotely like it in the game. It had the most work put into it out of all of the Kunark content. It's hard to beleive the zone is a newbie zone. It's huge and rugged. And the griffons are obviously part parrot because they have a tropical blue and yellow plumage.