Working toward Monk, need help.

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Thunder_Hammer, Dec 29, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Thunder_Hammer Guest

I'm new to the game and I'm currently lvl 10 Brawler. I'm going to be working toward monk and have a few questions.

Whats next? I've read the FAQ and it seems that the quests are a bit high lvl. what quests do you recommend for good loot and weapons for lvl 10. I want to dual wield, but have no weapons yet. What should I get, but keep in mind I have very little coin. ;)

I'm just in need of a bit of guidence to get me to lvl 20 and then I can start the real work. :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Deadly Nightshadow Guest

If you can raise the cash, either a rare wood Bo (can't remember the rare woods at tier 2) or a blackened iron weapon/
    blackened iron weapon(s)
  3. ARCHIVED-Rrawl Guest

Oh gosh, level 10 weapons... um
    Weaponsmith Soulforge in Graystone Yard gives a nice staff or maul
    Watcher Curmogliel Kar'Thal at the armory in Graystone Yard gives an even nicer staff or maul
    Daryann Stormrider in Willow Wood at level 12 gives an even betterer staff or maul

I didn't find any good quested dual wielders at this range.
  4. ARCHIVED-Shiverr Guest

Yes, there is a quest or two that will give you a decent brawler dual wield for this level.
    Talk to Fawn in Starcrest Commune. She will give you a quest to gather things for her garden. These are done in Antonica, and are easily achieved at about level 11 or 12ish.
    You get a pick of weapons upon completing the quest. One of them is the Coldwind Coast katar (sic?) which is a cestus-type dualwield item. It's pretty decent for this tier, and free.
    There is also a lesser cestus easily obtained from the gnome by the sprocket in the Baubbleshire. All you do is kill a fire-based guardian in the Forest Ruins and you will get a choice of weapons, one of which is the Ember-Scarred Cestus. Its a lower-level one, but very easily attained by a level 10. You could complete this first, then get the Coldwind one and at least have a pair to get you going. They share the same basic graphic also I believe.
    These should help you out, since you are without coin at this point.
    If you get lucky you may find another one of these items for sale on the broker to make a pair. Or if you have an alt of another type, complete the quest and gather another to give your monk.
    What server are you on? - I believe I happen to have one or two of these stored up from past deleted toons. If you're on Grobb I'll give you what I have. Let me know. :smileywink:
  5. ARCHIVED-Rrawl Guest

I did know about Fawn's Katar, but I've heard that quest is disabled... and the stats are pretty spartan.
  6. ARCHIVED-Shiverr Guest

Its worked for me lots of times, and just a couple weeks ago still. The katar may not be the best, but its is something, and its in his price range... I think its well worth doing, expecially given what he is seeking with what resources he has. Its an easy quest that I always do along with others anyways when working an alt up...xp, a little coin, and a decent item. I hope it helps him out.
    :smileywink:
  7. ARCHIVED-Thunder_Hammer Guest

thanks all! :D

Excellent info, keep it coming if anything else comes to mind.

FYI, I'm on Crushbone. :)

Message Edited by Thunder_Hammer on 12-29-2005 01:19 PM