Words From the Tribunal - Kander's Candor

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Kander, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kander Developer

Greetings Fellow Norrathians!

It’s time to start talking about what we have in store with GU 104 on August 22nd , as well as where we are going with some much anticipated changes coming this year!

[IMG]

Large Class Balance Pass

With GU 104, there will be a rather large balance pass which adjusts the outgoing damage across most classes, focusing primarily on Assassin, Wizard, and the Warlock class but most classes will experience some increase. Further updates have also been made to abilities for some of the support classes. This is by no means the final balance pass, and there will be lots of changes and improvements coming with the expansion. Expect, as we mentioned, to see a full new tier of class profession abilities as well as new Ascension abilities. [As a note, all of the current Ascension abilities will remain relevant, and we have no plans to introduce upgrades to current Ascension abilities.] With the expansion, class profession spells will drop as they have historically, so look forward to those master and ancient spell scrolls!

New Proving Grounds Zones + New Rewards

2 New Zones are being added to the proving grounds, one of which is our first Duo zone. Brave the terrors of the Deathfist Citadel Arena and survive the massive onslaught! The new Heroic zone lies within the Tower of Frozen Shadow. New loot! Yes, of course we are adding some new items to chase after to the PG merchants!

Gear Up Level Up Coming in September/October!

Gear Up Level Up is just around the corner! Look for lots of XP bonuses , Status Bonuses and Loot.

Summer Ethereal Events and Summer Promo Days Continue

New Waves of Ethereal items and new weeks with Yun Zi who is on Week 4, don’t miss out on the amazing rewards he has to offer!

New Season of Familiars!

Season 2 of familiars are coming! As usual, there will be in-game dropped familiars and new purchased ones. This is a larger set for season 2 with more to look forward to!

Expansion Prelude Quest – Late September!

The Expansion is just 3 months away! Coming in late in September, the prelude quest will give some clues to where we are going and what major stories will be told. There is also a major reward coming with the prelude that I think will surprise those who choose to check it out. I don’t know about yours, but mine goes to 11.

Isle of Refuge

Character transfer tokens are being made available to players on Isle of Refuge who have been on the server for more then 30 days. For those guilds that want to take advantage of the unique properties of the Free Trade server, status applied towards leveling your guild has been permanently set to five times the normal value!

Stormhold

Character transfer tokens will start being handed out soon and we will have a merge date for Stormhold to be merged into Antonia Bayle. More Information to come.

We’re knee deep building Expansion content, dungeons, raids and quests! We cannot wait to show you all what we have in store for you, but make sure you get those Epic 2.0 updates, it will be important.Lots more to come!

See you in Norrath!
    Ladystars, Raff, Kittybock and 12 others like this.
  2. Miss Mousie New Member

Oh Cool! I Remember Getting A Petamorph Wand Of That Dog In The Picture From Frostfell,But Was Completely Made Out Of Ice. I Loved That Thing So Much! So Happy That There Are New Familiars,I Will Try To Collect Them All!
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Gemo Member

Awesome update! Keep up the great work! :)
  4. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Any loosening up of the alt-hate? I mean the hours of pre-reqs for alts to get epic 2 is currently more than ridiculous.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Eltee like this.
  5. Oradim Well-Known Member

A small part of this post today has me a wee bit concerned:
    “...make sure you get those Epic 2.0 updates, it will be important.”

I have not completed any epic on any of my characters yet. I'm not sure how to interpret this little bit of text.
    CoLD MeTaL, Quillyne, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  6. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Could there be zones coming that you cannot get into, if you don't have your epic 2.0 done?
  7. santargria Well-Known Member

Do you have any idea how many of us can't get the Epic 2.0!!!!

Most of us can't get past Step 1 because the mobs require a full group - raid equipped!!

How are we supposed to advance with the next xpac?

If the Epic 2.0 is a requirement for the next Xpac - you can count me out if you don't provide a means of obtaining it!!!!!
  8. Hot_Rod Member

Pretty much everyone I knew on Stormhold is now on Fallen gate. Please allow characters to transfer there, even if the characters have to be locked until FG catches up to where SH is in progression.
  9. Bekkr Well-Known Member

*than

Also, you're CHARGING 2450 SC to get off that dead, failed experiment? I'd rather delete the two L100s I have there, tbh.
  10. Melt Actually plays the game

I'm on my third epic, guilds make things easier. Nothing in amy of the epics require raid gear.
    Raff, The_Real_Wurm and Nelie like this.
  11. Conifur Well-Known Member

Is it going to be actual books or the worthless pages?
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  12. santargria Well-Known Member

Good for you - some of us aren't in guilds that can gather enough players to get through Step 1 let alone through it 3 times!
  13. Conmonnn Member

honestly all of the updates can be 2 or 3 manned if you need any help at all. if no one in your guild will help and you have no friends on ask in general you would be amazed how many people would actually help out. and as far as being stuck on Step 1 the only excuse you can really have is being lazy, of the 4 archetypes only the fighter one has a spot that might require a group to help out even that part can be duo or trioed
  14. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I disagree. I tried the limestone for the scout epic alone, with a guildie and with a group of level 100s before I was finally able to get the update with a group of raiders.
    CoLD MeTaL and santargria like this.
  15. Rainmare Well-Known Member

um...they just added a bauble to yun zi that gives you level 5 to start it.. if a character has done it, you get a bauble to skip the faction grinds. really right now the only thing an 'alt' has to actually do are the heritage quests, level 6-9 ascention, and the group instances involved in the quest. what more do you want? and instant 'level 10 ascention' bauble? the entire line to be doable in solo instances?
  16. Malleria Well-Known Member

I suspect the epic will only be needed for next Xpac's raid content, and maybe *maybe* heroic. The solo stuff won't require it. And keep in mind we're getting a 10 level cap increase, which means those fights are going to be a lot easier.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  17. Wizx13 Member

It would be nice to have expert versions of the solo and advanced solo content for people who dont have the time to raid. It would be a way to get gear that would not put us up with raiders but not below par for heroics and experts.
    Zgragy, Katra, Quillyne and 2 others like this.
  18. bratty4life New Member

Glad I am not the only one that feels them charging 2450 to get off the server a tad ridiculous
    Zgragy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Conmonnn Member

then you where under geared. i duoed it with a healer in heroic gear same with the healer with me
    Nelie and Snikkety like this.
  20. Melt Actually plays the game

I would disagree. The priest epic has some brutal encounters. I did it yesterday and it took 2 30k conjurors and me to do it eith no bumps. But the scout one is far easier.
    Nelie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.