Woot

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Sir Alex, Mar 23, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Sir Alex Guest

Got my nightshade master pet tonight, woohoo :)
  2. ARCHIVED-SenyaCadence Guest

What mob dropped it? ;)
  3. ARCHIVED-Sarkoris Guest

Nice Sin, congratulations. I too am curious to know what dropped it. Even though the days of being able to camp a specific mob for a spell drop went with eq 1, its nice to know a mob that has a pet master confirmed in its loot table.
    While on that, does it seem that pet spells seem far rarer than spells of similiar level. I am in a high end raiding guild of about 85 players. I doubt a day goes by when several masters of a variety of levels don't drop, yet since the release not one of the guilds 1/2 a dozen Necromancers has lucked upon any final 3 pet masters (Nightshade, Undying Dreadnaught or Grim Heretic). Not have anyone else in my guild. While you see spells like Spellwhip have 20 copies on the master, where are the 20 necromancer pets.
    Sark.
  4. ARCHIVED-AlastorPhan Guest

Keep in mind Nightshade is a lvl 60 spell. From the best of my knowledge(which could be quite poor, mind you), those spells only drop off of T6 raid content...Godking, PPR are the place that come to my mind, that would explain that rarity. As for the other masters, maybe Sony has those spells dropping at a lower rate than other masters...heck, I can't really find many of our T6 damage masters, which depresses me, because my guild only dabbles slightly in T6 nowadays...but alas, I will persevere. :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Eniveld Guest

I actually had one drop from the Temple Court floor x2 ring event mobs.
  6. ARCHIVED-Koehianna Guest

/agree

:smileyhappy:
  7. ARCHIVED-slyfer Guest

Our server has alot more Necro's than other servers. This is making it very hard to get masters for Necro's.
  8. ARCHIVED-johnathanbtn Guest

A non epic zone that can drop the spell is Poet Palace. I got my master from the first trash mob in there.
  9. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

Actually, I think its been said that every mob in the game has a 1% chance ov dropping a master chest. I've personally gotten quite a few master chests from complete crap mobs.
  10. ARCHIVED-Koehianna Guest

Named heroics are definitely more inclined to drop masters.
  11. ARCHIVED-Sarkoris Guest

I have no doubts most heroic/named heroics have a chance to drop master chests. It just seems to me that some spell line such as spellwhip in DOF are weighted to drop more often, with pets weighted to drop below the average level. Necromancer spells still seem to drop, but seem to be more of the favor of the infernal/dread variety that the pets/pet buffs.
    I presume a similiar thing might happen with other classes defining skills dropping less, and their generic utility skills dropping more regularly.
    My only hope is that eventually most raiding necros on my server will have the master pets and some will start to filter down to the broken at non rip off prices (yeah right !!).
    Sark.
  12. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

Deffinately summoner pets are the least probably spells to drop.
  13. ARCHIVED-Sir Alex Guest

the master droped in the blades arena
  14. ARCHIVED-Cerba Guest

I just got Master 1 Nightshade today in Ancient's Tables. It droped from one of those albino spiders. I was sure happy. :smileyvery-happy:
    Message Edited by Cerba on 04-18-2006 01:06 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-Koehianna Guest

I'm gonna have to try that.

Ancient's Table is full of level 60 mobs so I guess that'd be a great place to try and look for it.
  16. ARCHIVED-Bolverkk Guest

17. ARCHIVED-BigPig The Destroyer Guest

18. ARCHIVED-Sarkoris Guest

By the way Koe - love your sig but unless I am going blind, your missing the second i in utilize.
    Sark.