Woot

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Arukara, Feb 17, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

The reset is NOT automatic. You will NOT see a + when you log in. If you want it, you can take it by typing /respec
  2. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

Wizzies and Warlocks weren't beefed per se. Certain spells were beefed up. NPCs that use those spells will have increased effect. Our pets use their own line of spells, not the canned one so there is no predicted change.
  3. ARCHIVED-tonemand Guest

Gotcha, I was unaware of that tidbit. Thanks for the info!
  4. ARCHIVED-slyfer Guest

Yay for us!!!
    We had some major things updated with this patch.
    I myself am going to '/respec' and get the hounds instead of the pet (which i've read hits harder than the rats). I am lvl 38 now and see no reason to have the lvl 30 training pet with the power of the RT. And now he will able to hold with no dancing.
  5. ARCHIVED-tonemand Guest

I am aware of the power of the 38 pet, but is it of the nature that you would never use the warlock line of pets until the 48 one? If so, that may change my outlook on my level 30 training choice. Originally I was gonna pick the warlock pet as my level 30 training choice simply to use for grouping until the 48 warlock pet, but if you are saying that the 38 tank is the pet of choice for solo and group, then I would probably pick the hounds myself.
  6. ARCHIVED-slyfer Guest

I would recommend the 30 pet to anyone turning 30. He will far outdamage the hounds. If I was turning 30 I would pick the pet again. I don't think that I could wait 8.6 more lvl's to get the best pet and be stuck with the hounds.

Since I am above that at 38 there is no reason since the RT outdamages all of the other pets plus since hounds are working now I see no reason not to pick the hounds.
  7. ARCHIVED-Chandigar Guest

Now I'm wondering though, since I'm approaching 30... would keeping the old pets plus being able to use the hounds nearly EVERY fight make up for the warlock pet? I mean... the warlock pet isn't really a tank anyway... would a UA adept1 + hounds equal or match corruptor damage?

BTW, triple woot ! What an amazing patch!
  8. ARCHIVED-slyfer Guest

Im not sure about that I only had the UA app3. I really didn't like that pet so I didn't upgrade. The thing is with the lvl 30 pet he has special attacks that do alot more damage. One in particular that hits for over 200. Plus the rest of the damage he does. Its probably a tough decision for anyone just choosing their lvl 30 training for the first time.
  9. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

I'd still take the corruptor, the recast on the rats and dogs are just a little too long to rely on for main damage... a good pulling group will give you one (start of fight) cast every three fights. Having said that, the hounds and one of the other pets will probably outdamage the corruptor with rats though the damage will not be as consistant. Too much can go wrong with the summoning type spells in my experience... if your dogs get wiped out by a turned mob that barrages them, your damage drops considerably and this usually happens early in the fight.
    At 30 I'd still recommend getting the corruptor. After 35... maybe not.
  10. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

At 37.9 I did not take the corruptor this time. I have an Adept3 Grim Thulian and I will get the RT (for which I have 2 Adept Is and an Adept III ready to go ;) ) in less than a level. I also did not take the hounds. I have a Adept III Plague of Rats already, the timer is shared, so the hounds really made no sense either since they will "grey out" at 42 as well. I took the Corpseskin buff.
  11. ARCHIVED-Chandigar Guest

Err... hey, where does it say this? I couldn't find it in the patch notes... heh heh I could be just blinded with excitement though...
  12. ARCHIVED-tonemand Guest

Wow, so in reading this thread and the other necro pet thread at the top here plus some of the others I had followed previously, let me put forth a course of choices and see what you think.

I am currently level 25.7, and I have this lineup currently:

1) Level 20 Fallen Hero (training pet)

2) Level 20 Grim Spellbinder (Adept 1)

3) Swarm of Rats (Apprentice 4)

4) Level 24 Undying Adherent (Adept 3)

My plan going forward is (currently, which is obviously subject to change) this:

1) I have the level 28 Grisly Brace (Adept 3) in the bank

2) I have the level 29 Pestilential Blast (Adept 3) in the bank

3) I will have the level 32 Shadowy Stalker (Apprentice 4) in the bank

4) I will have the level 34 Grim Thulian (Apprentice 4) in the bank

5) I will have the level 38 Rotting Thrall (Apprentice 4) in the bank

So with the level 30 training pet being used from 30-33, even though it is most likely better then any version you could get in the 34 pet, the consensus here is that it is still a better option than picking the dogs as the level 30 training choice? If so, again I am under the assumption from what I have read that at 38 the ONLY pet you will be using 100% of the time is the Rotting Thrall. Does the Shadowy Stalker even merit attention? Some of the feedback I have gotten is that it can be a useful pet in groups too.

Hopefully I can get some closure once and for all on these pet choices from those of you with some experience beyond that of my post-parsing talents :D
  13. ARCHIVED-Zimike Guest

The dogs would be nice if they had a recast timer of 30secs,but 90 secs? yikes!
  14. ARCHIVED-Orwellian Guest

Didn't notice it in the notes, but they certainly did not seem to be draining power tonight. Kept them on my pet 100% of the time.
  15. ARCHIVED-Ageariashi Guest

My Hero was double buffed all night, no mana drain from it. He even got wasted a couple of times cause he drew agro from the tank and the tank couldn't taunt the mob back off.
  16. ARCHIVED-Arukara Guest

Something to keep in mind when making training decisions is that the upgrade to agitation stacks with the other buffs at higher lvls. So at 42 I have Words of the Wicked, Rending Frenzy, and opal's agitation (or whatever its called) all going at once.
  17. ARCHIVED-thisMoriMori Guest

Pretty sure that the shadowy stalker does NOT merit attention except for a bug it cuurently has--it's on its own timer so in the event of a sudden pet death where you depreately need a pet and you will take any pet, you can summon a stalker without delay. (As soon as the emergency is over, however, you'll probably want to get back to a real pet.)

Hopefully the pet's uselessness will be fixed at the same time (or before) its timer is fixed!