Woot

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Arukara, Feb 17, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Arukara Guest

Logged on this morning to test out some thing and I was equally happy and disapointed in some of the changes.

Disapointments"

-Don't care for the new con sytem but thats optional so no biggy.
    -Don't care for the fact that all armore has to be attuned.
    -I'm sure theres more but I didn't have much time to mess around

OH Happy day:
    -Swarm of Rats no longer dispells buffs,wards,or dots
    -Pet buffs now last longer
    -Here's the biggy PET BUFFS NO LONGER DRAIN MANA!!!!!!

When I first heard that they were increasing the dur of pet buffs I was a little worried because at high lvls I try have all 3 buffs up at once for bettter dmg but the ticks would eventually take me down to half power after only putting my first round of dots up. So I got used to leaving my buffs down till I got to full power again But now that they no longer drain us I see our dps going up significantly since when can have more spells going for a longer period of time without or power being depleated as fast.
  2. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Now that is a big deal! Pet buff drains were out of control, glad to see we got some real love this time... now we are even better at sustained damage. That was a big love change for us. Being able to cast the rats more often is nice but being able to run all my pet buffs all the time is a real fix!

Good job Devs!
  3. ARCHIVED-Arfiniel Guest

NO MORE PET DANCE!!!!!
  4. ARCHIVED-Swiller Guest

My entire inventory aside from a torch is now attunable:smileysad:
  5. ARCHIVED-Ageariashi Guest

Sweet. Before, when I put all my pet buffs on, my mana bar dropped like the gas gauge of a 69 Chevy big block. Now maybe I'll be able to really buff my pet and dot a bit...okay I always dotted, but you get the point. I'll deal with attuning my entire inventory for that and rats working.
  6. ARCHIVED-Drakor Guest

I think that attunable idea is a great one. I hated it in EQ when items would last forever. The game just became pointless after a short while. Need to find creative ways for crafter to make more money. :)

The best piece in this patch for necro's has to be the non dancing pets.. that will make a HUGE difference to how a battle goes and how many mobs can be killed in an hour. Fighting that dancing pet crap was a MAJOR annoyance for me...

Yay.
  7. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

Yeah, Words of the Wicked and Rending Frenzy are 15 minutes each and NO Power Drain, its awesome. With no more pet dancing and the rats/hounds not dropping debuffs, we got some love. Just soloed for about 30 minutes and it was awesome.
  8. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

No more pet dance either? Super love patch in that case!
  9. ARCHIVED-Methesa Guest

Well, I don't feel as shafted as I was predicting i'd feel after this patch - the pet buff without drain is a monumental upgrade for us. Does Revivification work and are the level 50 spells all working now?
  10. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

Not one dance in 30 minutes of soloing, even sending the pet to attack and doing nothing else.
  11. ARCHIVED-Hidohebhi Guest

now I wanna go home and try it....waaah I'm stuck at work. I wonder if my work pc will run EQ2 {evil grin}.
  12. ARCHIVED-Arukara Guest

One thing I didn't think to check, has anyone tested pet pulling yet? Before it was impossible because when you would try to get the pet to back off as soon as it was hit again it would start fighting. Also does the pet still dance between you and the mob when tapped for mana?

Guess I'll test this in acouple hourse when I get home I forsee this being a very long night.
  13. ARCHIVED-reefus Guest

"NO MORE PET DANCE!!!!!"

does this mean the pet dance has been fixed or does this mean you want it fixed. I cancelled my subscription 3months ago (i was told they would be looking into it after the holidays heh) until they fixed this bug so I would like to know if it has been fixed.
  14. ARCHIVED-Schadwe Guest

OH GLORY DAYS! PET DANCE IS GONE!!!!
    Sony Finally fixed this! This has been the biggest thorn in my side since Beta. It has almost made me quite more than once. I actually went and bought WoW to play when that [NERF THIS FAAR!] pet dance gets me pissed off.

I will give SOE points for this patch.
    Message Edited by Schadwe on 02-17-2005 10:36 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-thisMoriMori Guest

The patch message states that Agitation is now 15 minutes. Are the other pet buffs also 15 min?

edit: looks like they are....just depends on what patch message you read!
    Message Edited by thisMoriMori on 02-17-2005 10:27 AM
  16. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

They snuck the trait reset in too... may have to get the dogs after all :smileywink:.
  17. ARCHIVED-tonemand Guest

Something I noticed when the patch message was getting into all the Wizard/Warlock beefing up was a single line warning that NPC's of the same class also got the boost.

Does that mean our Warlock pets are also affected? I didn't see anything to support this, but who knows? Anyone check out the damage output yet?
  18. ARCHIVED-Ageariashi Guest

AND the reset??? That settles it I'm leaving early. Why couldn't my parents be rich? I hate having to work for a living. K, let me write one more stored procedure and then I'm bailing. I am so glad I took next week off.
  19. ARCHIVED-Schadwe Guest

Good point! That would be sweet! Grim Spellbinder would actually be usefull in groups. We need confirmation on this. Someone give it a try and confirm?
  20. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

Could you post this on the Necromancers issues thread so I can look in one spot for all updates please =)