WOOT: Live Update #6 Posted

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Handlebars, Mar 31, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

Just posted:
    http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=tup&message.id=39#M39

*** Spells and Combat Arts ***
    - Spells that cause harm to an opponent and return a benefit to the party should now allow the beneficial effect to land properly.
    - Resistances against Cold, Heat, Poison, Disease, Magic, Divine, and Mental attacks will now mitigate the per-tick damage of DoT spells. It may be time to shop for resist gear.
    - Point-blank area-of-effect spells with arc restrictions should now hit only the appropriate targets.
    - Examining a spell or art will now show if it consumes health or power over time as part of its effect.
    - Summoner pets should no longer end up in a state where they become invulnerable.

Necromancer changes:
    - Detect Obfuscation will now affect the entire group.
    - Chains of Torment's disease DoT effect will now show up in the maintained spells window.
    - Recurring health/power costs have been removed from the following spells:
    - Boon of the Lifeless
    - Mend Bones
    - Words of the Wicked
    - Necrotic Mending
    - Rending Frenzy
    - Opal's Aggravating Seal
    - Darkbriar's Corpseskin
    - The proc effects on the following spells or combat arts now deal direct damage instead of granting an additional attack:
    - Boon of the Lifeless
    - Words of the Wicked
    - Rending Frenzy
    - Darkbriar's Corpseskin
    - The following spells or combat arts no longer toggle:
    - Darkbriar's Corpseskin
    - The following spells or combat arts no longer expire and had their reuse timer removed:
    - Boon of the Lifeless
    - Favor of the Fallen
    - Mark of the Miasmic
    - Undying Adherent
    - Grim Spellbinder
    - Rotting Thrall
    - Unholy Covenant
    - Words of the Wicked
    - Grim Thulian
    - Shadowy Stalker
    - Aspect of Undead
    - Rending Frenzy
    - Teachings of the Dead
    - Grim Terror
    - Shadowy Assassin
    - Lich
    - Nylph's Bone Form
    - Nylph's Ghost Form
    - Nylph's Misty Image
    - Dartain's Dead Sight
    - Nylph's Skeletal Regiment
    - Xelha's Fallen Hero
    - Kaver's Grim Corruptor

Mage changes:
    - Magi's Shielding training upgrades will now increase in effectiveness throughout the life of your character. This applies to all mage classes.
    - The following spells or combat arts no longer expire and had their reuse timer removed:
    - Gift of the Magi
    - Magi's Shielding

Summoner changes:
    - Recurring health/power costs have been removed from the following spells:
    - Agitation
    - The proc effects on the following spells or combat arts now deal direct damage instead of granting an additional attack:
    - Agitation
    - The following spells or combat arts no longer toggle:
    - Agitation
    - Earthly Brand
    - Tellurian Recruit
    - Sonius' Boon of the Magus
    - Camtur's Energizing Aura
    Message Edited by Handlebars on 03-31-2005 02:56 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

I'm really happy about the pet buff timers (and the fact they don't expire) and loss of the power drains... pretty good patch for us.
  3. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

Hope this is bye-bye to:

(1) Invulnerablility Bug
    (2) Power Drain
    (3) Reuse Timers

Great news for us Necro's. Now with the DPS boost in the next LU, we'll be all set (or at least better) :smileytongue:
  4. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

YAY!!

...oh [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] this means I have alot of updating to do on the Issues thread when this goes live =p
  5. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Mega good stuff coming our way.
  6. ARCHIVED-Seeko Guest

Yep, this wipes out a LOT of the bug list AND the two major SNAFUs from LU#5. I'll be pleaseed when it hits live (my guess next Tuesday.) Then the pet evaluation with LU#7 and I shall be a god! ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-Necronstreksis Guest

Woot!! Nice!! 3 birds with 1 patch.

My dubious nature leaves me suspicious about the unintended results of LU6 though...
  8. ARCHIVED-thisMoriMori Guest

Is this an early April fool's joke? It seems like much much more than we ever expected.
  9. ARCHIVED-Sarkoris Guest

Very nice update for us. A lot of unexpected bonuses and as had been stated with the tuning of the pets planned in LU#7 things are looking good.
    Now if only they gave us Grisly Brace / Grisly Stele that never expired /wink.
    Sark.
  10. ARCHIVED-Swiller Guest

Believe it when I see it. Our pets are still bugged to hell, even though it is supposedly a crucial issue that it being addressed after two weeks of them ignoring it. Get to miss out on another raid because of our easter surprise patch. Dont want to burden the groups with a broken toon.
  11. ARCHIVED-Te Kore Guest

Nice patch anyway! Contains a lot of useful things and looks like its fixing the fundamental bugs for us. :smileyhappy:
  12. ARCHIVED-Zincrust Guest

Cheer!!
    Nothing else to say ~
  13. ARCHIVED-Chandigar Guest

I was pretty excited when I saw this... tho one thing that MAY hurt is this:

"- Resistances against Cold, Heat, Poison, Disease, Magic, Divine, and Mental attacks will now mitigate the per-tick damage of DoT spells. It may be time to shop for resist gear."

Mob resists are pretty [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] high... how is this going to affect our abilities to deal sustained damage? Guess we'll have to see... or if someone's brave enough to level a necro on test server for a sneak peek....
  14. ARCHIVED-Rhugan Guest

I wonder if pet buffs will continue to stack or not. I also wonder if because they are removing the recast timer if they are going to be using concentration or not. If they do all necros will be limited to using only 1 pet buff at a time unless they stop using another of our buffs.
    At level 32:
    Gift of the Magi
    Favor of the Fallen
    Mark of the Miasmic
    Pet
    Pet Buff
    I really hope they dont make them use concentration but it wont really matter if instead they make them unstackable.
  15. ARCHIVED-Chandigar Guest

I think all they're saying is that now that you can't refresh buffs/pets while they're still active they decided to remove the recast timers so you're not sitting there waiting 30 secs when your pet dies or whatever.
  16. ARCHIVED-Rhugan Guest

I think that might be correct if not for the fact they said that the pet/self/group buffs will NOT expire as well. To me that means once its cast it wont go away and be persistant. If our our current self/group buffs take up a concentration slot it would make sence that out pet buffs would also based on the fact they are pretty much in the same catagory. Persistant Buffs.

I dont think its a far stretch and just because they didnt say it would take up a concentration slot doesnt mean it wont. Its not like SOE never made a change without fully disclosing the changes in full to the player base. Right? :)

I actually hope that its the way you suggest and not what I said. No health/power costs and being able to stack both pet buffs would be awsome.

Something else I was wondering about is if they remove the HP cost for mend bones if it will stack with our insta heal or if they will raise the power cost or something to compensate.
  17. ARCHIVED-Polybius Guest

Very pleased to read this. Was getting pretty frustrated last night in Lavastorm with my pet... the Ranger in group even asked me once "did your pet get feared'? as my RT ran away to do the dance to the prior pull spot.
  18. ARCHIVED-Lescoe Bosra Guest

I really wanted this update, the last 5 months aren't for not after all.
    LES
  19. ARCHIVED-tonemand Guest

I didn't see the patch message, but does the invulnerability fix necessarily clear up the wandering pet issue? I thought they were two separate things. If both got fixed, then yeah, this patch will be incredible. Hard to cast a unlimited duration pet buff when it is off across the zone or dungeon :-/
  20. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

These are they same issue IMO. Pet wanders to spot when you gave attack command and is invulnerable on the way there.