Woot!! Got my AA mirror.......help!!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-BigPapa, Feb 9, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-BigPapa Guest

I now have my AA profile mirror and I'm looking for the best set-ups for Solo spec & DPS spec. I currently have 124 AA so I'll just have to fill in the rest as I get them. I am writing from work, so plz forgive me if I have missing /inaccurate info. Both spec's will include Rotting and I'm assuming I'll be taking STR 4-4-4-8, I never use Implode/Explode so I don't plan on finishing it or is this a mistake, do any of you have a strat where this is effective?
    I'm all Adept 3, M2 Bloodcoil, and 1 Master, (The green AoE, Pandemic, I think)
    With the Solo Spec. I'll obviously go down the STA line, max'ing the taunt, and Tainted Heals in the EoF tree.....then what?
    Now for the DPS spec. When I'm not soloing my primary focus' in RoK are instance runs and raiding 1-2 times per week. Do I go Mage pet, simply cause that's what I've always done? Or should I go Scout, due to the majority of the encounters being single target encounters? Seems like most of the Necro's I see in Kunark have their Mage pet out. How do i spend the points within their respective trees? (Other than the obvious +% to Crit)
    Thanks in advance.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ilavatar Guest

Here's what I did for solo specs:
    First, I got Tainted Heals emphasizing Necromantic Pact, Horror, Mortality Mark
    In Summoner I went
    STA 4 8 8
    WIS 4 8 8 8
    STR 4 5 4 8
    Back to Necromancer, I raid so I want Lifeburn so I took that line (nice enhancements to other spells too)
    Then I filled in the pet AAs in this order Tank, Scout, Mage because that's how I used them most.
    Now that I'm 80 and have done pretty much all the solo quest in RoK, I'll create a 2nd AA with scout pet emphasis since I find it most useful for grouping and for many raid situations.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ilavatar Guest

OK, I rethought my raid specs and have decided to go with Mage pet rather than scout pet as mentioned above.
    Btw, the Solo spec I mentioned is OK for scout pet too. I usually am in the top 4 in dps on killing trash mobs with my scout pet in raids. Sometimes I top the parse although the wizards and scouts usually beat me. And of course when I can use Lifeburn and Undead Tide I leave them in the dirt but I usually save it for the bosses.
    So for the Raid spec with the Mage pet:
    Necromancer tree: I really like this build - it gives excellent utility to a raid beyond dps
    Lifeburn
    Blood Pact ( I went 3 - 2 hearts - 5 Filter Life heal - 5 rez - 5 gluttony -- these are all important utilities in a raid. I don't know what I'll do with the last 3 - hearts?)
    Ooze Crawler - this can make a huge difference in the raid. Although you won't be topping the dps parse, you might be the difference between success and a wipe. Every raid should have one.

Summoner Tree: I'm OK with this - I don't know where else I might put the AAs
    STR 4 4 4 8 apparently it's only worth doing what's necessary to get the crits and no more
    INT 4 7 4 8 1
    STA 4 8 4 8 for the Heals (very important) and the improved casting skills
  4. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

BigPapa wrote:
    im not concerned at all with solo so i took a full scout build and a full mage build with my mirror but if your looking for a solo build i would take :
    4-4-8-6-2 WIS
    4-4-8-8 STA
    and either AGI up to cobalist cover or STR line maxing out parry.. again this is a solo build less dmg for you means less chance of ripping agro from you pet.. and in T8 ripping agro form your pet means death pretty quick i have noticed.
    manipulations: down to tainted heals
    pats: heal minion-filter life-consumption
    grave calling: max out tank pet
    rotting: down to lifeburn
    for a DPS build i would take the mage pet(wis line helps scout pet too) if your into raiding it would look as follows:
    4-4-6-8-2 INT
    4-4-4-8 WIS
    4-4-4-8 STR
    rest in STA
    if you realy want to use your scout pet just trade out INT for AGI
    rotting: down to life burn
    pacts : down to blood pact (dont matter waht you choose but max out consumption)
    grave calling: 5 mage -5 limited pet 3 scout- 5 limited pet 6 undead horde
    dump the rest where ever.
  5. ARCHIVED-BigPapa Guest

Ilavatar wrote:
    I've respecced to AGI for the scout and had great success over the weekend in both RoK instances as well as in MMIS. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to check out the solo spec, yet. Now I only have 1 remaining question, what does an Ooze Crawler do? It seems to be VERY squishy. I assumed it would be a traveling ball of de-buffing & de-hastening goo. It lasted about 2 min in CoA and about 12sec's in MMIS. In both cases I had very good tankage, so it couldn't be a loss of aggro.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ilavatar Guest

The Ooze Crawler does great debuffs at the expense of dps. It's popular in raids. I'm not sure it's that useful anywhere else.
    I've rethought some of my AA line. I'll have to post the new version some time.