Woodelf Monk?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Mordith, Dec 27, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Mordith Guest

I created a woodelf fighter and am going the route of a monk. I am now level 15 and just saw on one of the faq links that a woodelf does not make a good monk due to very low strength.

I always heard that the race you play may make a difference at the beginning, but as you level the difference made by the initial stats is pretty much non-existent due to gear.

This brings me to my question: Will playing a woodelf monk be "gimped" as I level up?
  2. ARCHIVED-JojoTheDog Guest

No worries,
    Strength is my highest attribute on my woodelf.
    Your choices of equipment determine your stats more than anything.
  3. ARCHIVED-Xxooo-Coav Guest

for the most part, we all equal out at later levels.... or with equipment. Its all a matter of choice on what stats you want. Some want Str/Sta... others want Str/agi... some want agi/sta.... even other want all the Wis they can get. all a matter of preference.
  4. ARCHIVED-scalzo Guest

It dont matter on your race it all equals out later :smileyhappy: I seen a High Elf Monk :smileytongue:
    Stats I would most worry about are Strength and Staminia you are a tank. Your avoidance changes more with your stance than your agi stat. Thats my IMO.
  5. ARCHIVED-Parin1 Guest

No worries, my Wood Elf Monk just turned lvl 53 last night and is as good or bad as any other Monk around. STR is also my highest stat, followed by AGI.

Wood Elfs does have naturally high AGI wich makes it harder for mobs to hit you.

Always play the race you like best and choose the profession you prefer. Later on, equipment makes the difference.
  6. ARCHIVED-Supernova17 Guest

Nevian Silverleaf, 56 Wood Elf Monk on Kithicor

I'm loving it and I do not feel in anyway gimped. My stats are roughly equal to other race Monks with the same gear and spell quality.
  7. ARCHIVED-FlowerFist Guest

Hiya from the High Elf Monk! (Or at least one of them...) I love my monk. I also played a Human Monk in EQ1 and was very pleased to find that I could be the race of my choice here, so don't let that stand in your way... Barbarians look pretty cute in robes! :smileywink:
  8. ARCHIVED-Mala-Shea Guest

Heyas! 60 Barbarian monk here! I may look odd for such a big guy to be jumping and kicking....but I can "rain down the pain"...your woodelf will be fine!

Slapp 60 Monk
    Heroes Fate
    Grobb
  9. ARCHIVED-Locklee Guest

I'm a 60 Woodelf Monk and i have had no complaints from anyone on my stats or play because of my race of character. If anyhting i'm hard on myself to get better.
  10. ARCHIVED-Quijonsith Guest

I play a 47 ratonga monk. I figured with all that agi why not. Like everyone else said, given equivalent gear we're all pretty much the same in the end. It's all about what stats you want to put gear towards. I have agi and wis balanced highly and good str and sta.
  11. ARCHIVED-Mordith Guest

Thanks for all of the great responses.
  12. ARCHIVED-KeenaMoonphyre Guest

Ive never had any issues with my Wood Elf Monk. I know you've heard it before, but seriously dont worry about the effects of race stats when it comes to class. You'll be FINE! Plus, you'll have a great looking Monk (go woodies!) to boot!
  13. ARCHIVED-Jessyme Guest

I personally think Wood Elves and Frogloks make the best looking monks since Gi's are very friendly to tattoos and skin patterns. No question, Wood Elves and Frogloks look great in a Gi. :smileyvery-happy: Fashion above all!
    Plus, as all the posters above have said: it all evens out in the end. There tends to be a few points difference in stats between races. For example, a human might start with 20 strength, a woodelf with 15 (I don't know this, just an example). Will that 5 point strength difference "****' you? Heck no. So play what you want to play.
    Quijana
    Lost Coast Privateers, Nektulos

Message Edited by Jessyme on 12-28-2005 04:24 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Sa'meria Guest

Another Wood elf Monk here. As the others have allready said, Str. is also my highest attribute(I haven't used a single spec toward str.), but my sta. is something to be desired, even when all my specs have been towards sta.
  15. ARCHIVED-Beldin_ Guest

Agree for the wood elves .. but frogloks ? Nahh .. go away :p
    The only bad thing about wood elves in GIs is this little graphics bug:
    [IMG]
    :smileysad:
  16. ARCHIVED-Parin1 Guest

Why? don't like to show your underware? Or ashamed it's not Calvin Klein?
  17. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

The simple fact is that any race who chooses to go monk will be totally ****... unless they are a half elf. Half Elves are by far the best monks, hands down.
  18. ARCHIVED-Jessyme Guest

Frooaaak! Bah! Frogs are by far the best monks around. There is no avoiding it: Frogs are hot! We are soft, smoothe, moist, hairless, and come in lovely colors and patterns. None of that icky hair you pasty bipeds have *shudders* And we look fantastic in a gi! And in hats. There is no hat that a Frog does not look fantastic in. It is just a fact that Frogloks are the most attractive race on Norrath.
    ( And so humble about it too :smileywink:)
    And for my proof, I offer into evidence the following picture:
    [IMG]
    Witness that grace, that beauty, that impeccable fashion sense!

I rest my case *grin*

Quijana
    Lost Coast Privateers, Nektulos
  19. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Is that a monk, or a neon light project gone awry.
  20. ARCHIVED-Beldin_ Guest

Looks more like a jester then a monk to me :smileyvery-happy: