Wizzie dummy parse?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Awesomeo, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Awesomeo Member

I've been playing around with a Wizzy I had lying around on the epic training dummy, trying to figure out Fiery Blast rotations etc. I have OK-ish gear, a mix of heroic and fabled odds and sods. Stats are setup according to numerous guides out there.

I was wondering what kind of DPS parse should I be expecting on an epic dummy over a 3 min fight as a mid range Wizzie?
  2. Pringlez Member

A Dummy parse isn't going to do you any good tbh, playing a wizard is mostly situation and gear dependent/buff dependant, not sure what you're looking for in a dummy parse
  3. Awesomeo Member

That would explain why my DPS on the dummy stinks compared to my other classes then :)

Yet it's not bad at all in a group, cheers
  4. Rubick Well-Known Member

The class IS almost all about timing. However, determining spell efficiency on a dummy based on the number of targets can vastly improve your dps if you can learn to properly apply the efficiency list. Everything is still fluid because of how the class works, but that's a great start. There's one on the flames forum for wizards from last expansion that can show you one way to format it.
  5. MrWashek Member

I disagree. You can fine tune your rotation on dummy and if you get 5-6 extra million dps on dummy, it will be 15-18 extra million in raid.

Have not brought my wizard to dummy with latest gear yet, but my guess is 25M+, also you should try 5-10 min sequences.
  6. Awesomeo Member

I'd be intrigued to see a single epic dummy parse if anyone could find the time, just out of curiosity, no miracles just a solid single target wizard rotation just to see what I'm working toward, cheers :)