Wizz or warlock ?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Kalika, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

I just betrayed my 24 wizz to warlock, i sort of miss my fire open aoe ;-)

From a paladin/druid/necro/mystic point of viewn
    the two classes look very very similar, lock may be has more green aoe
    and has a tendency to bring adds, may be also his damage is more over the time than the wizz.

I may betray back to get the ports and evac (which are handy).

Both seem to have cool temps (lock get something similar to sanguine), increments and concerto like abilities.

Is there a huge difference in how powerfull they are ? Which one is funnier or the most interesting to play ?
  2. Scum Member

I play both and enjoy both for different reasons. I think i may enjoy my wizard a touch more just because they will always have 10% more spell mutli than a warlock (until 90%+ is reachable). AOE ice comet helps too :) As for more powerful it has been stated that warlocks have a slight advantage due to how focused casting works at and above lvl 95
  3. Nefarious Member

Warlock gets ports as well.
  4. Nefarious Member

In my opinion, the only real difference is that Wiz is more a master of the elements and focuses on single target damage, whereas the Lock utilizes disease and pestilence and specializes in group encounters.
  5. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Well that used to be the true but that info is very outdated.
    Wizzies are one of the weakest dps classes singletarget! Warlock is a bit more balanced thanks to their mythbuff that converts their Enc AoE spells into singletarget and boosts em with dmg.
    Also focused casting is a lot better then Fiery blast on fights with lesser then 8 mobs.
    With a mass pulling tank and a sturdy target to put fiery blast on the wizard will most likely outparse the warlock everytime given that the wizard has a good AE fiery blast rotation.
    Both classes seems to be about building increments for that big nuke.
    Warlock use dots and wizards use mostly instant dmg.
  6. Foretold Well-Known Member

Both classes definitely ARE about building increments... its all about the increments.

I have both classes. I obviously prefer the warlock. Seeing your parse fly up to 20 million on a pile of mobs is like the most fun in Norrath. But in a single target, quick fight, warlocks can struggle. If the mob is dead before you ever hit 180 increments, it's sad. The least amount of fun in Norrath ;)

I am totally flustered with the wizard. I can't get a FB rotation right to save my life. It's like warlock hard mode. I admire all the wizards who can make that stuff work.
  7. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

20mil?! You gotta tell me your secret! :)
    personally I had more Success on the wizard, but I played wiz a lot more.
  8. Nefarious Member

Interesting. Been a while for me.