Wizard's Eci's Frozen Wrath is not keeping up Jones

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Wizftw, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Wizftw Member

I have been playing a Wizard for awhile and I do appreciate the adjustments to Ball, Firestorm, Ray and a few others spells. It has helped keep the parse up after the big spells and ascensions are gone. What I have missed is the damage that Eci’s used to do in relation to the other spells. It looks like it did not scale up as far it maybe should have, suggest another 100%.
  2. Wizftw Member

3. Entropy Well-Known Member

About half a dozen of the wizard profession spells got a big boost with the xpac. With that boost, and most of them being fire based, they sort of left everything else in the dust.

Another big problem with E'ci is that the "optimal" wizard spec right now is full left side plus partial right side prestige. You can't get far enough down the tree to get the insta-cast E'ci anymore. Kind of a bummer. I enjoyed managing stacks and a dynamic spell rotation before. I do more damage now, but it's a far simpler class to play.
    Rubick likes this.
  4. Rubick Well-Known Member

So much this.
  5. Wimble Active Member

Don't complain about the peas when the Steak tastes great ;)
    Rubick likes this.
  6. Entropy Well-Known Member

If I wanted mindless DPS I'd have rolled a conjuror. :p
    flameweaver likes this.
  7. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Derrrrr ok.
  8. Xellium Active Member

I don't understand the complaing.
    Wizard is in a good spot right now.
    If they can fix FB it will put in a bit more strategy for those that want to squeeze out a bit more damage.

Eci has a purpose, reset Fusion and does a bit of damage.

Part of being a good mmo player is understanding change and adapting.

The sky isn't falling.
    I'm having a lot of fun this xpac, not everyone is unhappy with the class.
  9. Rubick Well-Known Member

Outside the OP I don't think anybody is complaining. I know I am not complaining with where we are right now. It's a great time to play a wizard. I was just agreeing that I'd like to see a right side resurgence.
  10. SacDaddy420 Active Member

just stopping by to say: cool.
  11. Entropy Well-Known Member

It's not complaining about wizard DPS output. DPS potential is fine.

It's moreso lamenting the much lower skill cap for the class recently. Left side prestige doesn't require a lot of thought or skill; you can literally do some math to figure out the most efficient cast order, put your stuff on hotbars in that order, cast whichever one is closest to the top, and do really well. That wasn't the case when right-side prestige was dominant - the class required close attention to maximize its potential.

To clarify, if a bot can play a class almost as well as a skilled human by simply following a preconfigured priority cast order (which is what bots do), then that class has a "low skill cap". Some players don't enjoy playing a class that is that straightforward/easy/mindless to play; they want the challenge of having to track multiple resources such as power/stacks/etc and having a lot of dynamic "if-then" decisions to make during combat.
  12. Shaoli Member

Entropy, what's your flame spell priorities? 7 spells total. Just want to make sure, you'll outplay a preconfigured priority cast order
  13. Wizftw Member

Since we are getting close to another expansion I am again put in my request that the developers look at increasing the damage of Eci's by at least 100%. It would not hurt to increase firestorm by 100% also. I finally gave up on the Wiz and switched to a Warlock. The Warlock's DPS with Expert spells and Ancient elemental ascensions easily topped my Wiz with all Ancient spells and the same Ancient elemental ascensions. I was able to up grade Apocalypse to Ancient and it is not even close. Like to see the difference if I can get Cataclysm up to Ancient.
  14. Rondo9 Active Member

This has been the case for the entire expansion, wizards betray to warlocks and instantly double their parse! Both Apocalypse and cataclysm combine do twice the damage of all the wizards professionals spells put together. Then you have the case of while a wizard is casting a 2-3 second cast time ascension they only have incineration hitting the mob unlike warlocks that would have both apoc/cata ticking away.