Wizards and Necros

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Animosity, Oct 12, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Animosity Guest

I am hoping you wonderful experts can give me a little advice. I am returning to Norrath after a year or more and am torn between two classes, Necro and Wizard. I love the style of both but really want to (for once in my life) forcus on just one class and quest/adventure/explore and most importantly reach max level for once. I am new to the whole merc thing so I am not sure of thier strength for leveling but would a wizard be just as able to solo level (meaning to even do HQs at green level and named for AA as I level) as the necro with the new merc system or is the necro still the safest bet between the two?

Thanks for any help!
  2. ARCHIVED-uberpaco Guest

Hi and welcome back.
    Treat and think about the Merc as a pet on steroids, then you will get the right idea :)
    With tank Merc for ex. the SK then you will be as safe as the necro is with his tank pet.
    And of course the same for the necro, if he uses a Tank Merc then he can have a better dps pet out.
    So it really comes down to what you prefeer, lots of pets (necro pet and merc) or just a nuker and his merc.
    Wizard is hard hitter nuker, necro is more dots and some other tricks (but this you already know ) =)
    With a necro you can do some more combos than I would be comftabel with the Wizard, but else its just the same.

Only thing to think about is that a Healer Merc is quite bad at healing a Tank pet.
  3. ARCHIVED-Hoserbaba Guest

If you enjoy playing a necro, go with a monk merc and mage pet :)