Wizard vs Warlock

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Bleodwynn, Nov 17, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-ShamaKavella Guest

Enchanters can be very useful. We had to destroy four seperate group mobs of Gnolls before any of them would respawn. To do this, we had an enchanted mez one gnoll from each group until we had 4 gnolls left from each group. Nuked the last four and the spawn of higher level gnolls we needed came out!

Of course, that is a rare case, but I'm sure they will have their uses elsewhere.

Also, an enchanter and wizard team could take out group mobs if they work together right.

Also, as far as my experience with playing with mez's goes, it does seem that AOE will break the spell.

Wizzies rock!
  2. ARCHIVED-Livebythex2 Guest

Being as that I play an Illusionist, I'm going to have to disagree with Storm on the comment that Enchanters aren't necessary ;)

In my experience, Enchanter-types enable groups to venture into more dangerous areas at an earlier level, since they can afford to be ambushed or aquire additional opponents in the midst of a battle.

On the other hand, AoE seems to be superior in terms of raw experience gain, as you can tackle groups of blue-yellow opponents very quickly.

In general it seens that AoE and Mez don't mix very well, even with the 'group AoE' system implemented in this game. The only time I've successfully used a combination of the two was fighting blightfangs, in which I would mez the more difficult opponent, and we would AoE the weaker ones to quickly be rid of them... Needless to say, this is a pretty specialized situation...
  3. ARCHIVED-StormYYC Guest

Yes I agree. Enchanters can be useful, but a Wizard-Warlock can do the same CC job by melting the mobs to ashes (or poison their very soul). I think the problem is Enchanters-Sorcerers are at the exact opposite of the spectrum on how they CC. So 2 Sorcerers can work well
    together, as 2 Enchanters can. Both can work very well with summoners. When there is a Sorcerer and Enchanter my AoE will be breaking the mezzes,so I must resort to DD and that is considerably reducing my damage output and my general usefulness as well. But I 'm reducing the Chanter's usefulness when I use AoE. We are both at the end of the spectrum, so it is not easy to be both 100% effective in a group.
  4. ARCHIVED-StormYYC Guest

You cant compare Blaze at Adept at level 20 and Negative Absolution with Adept. Blaze at level 20 is white, blue near 50% in level 20. When a spell is blue or white, apprentice II or Master IV ( ;) ) of the spell don't make any difference. I you had Blaze adept I at level 17, you probably noticed that Blaze did not augment in damage for those 3 levels. That is because Blaze is maxed at level 20. On the other hand, NA is Orange at 20 and will be white way later. If NA is adept, you cast it like a level 23 (when its still orange). wait a few levels adn it will be much stronger than Blaze.