Wizard tank

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Gibbie, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Gibbie New Member

Hi all, Im a fairly new player ( 5 months now) and have been leveling a wizard the last month. I got him up to 80 today and Im trying to do some quests in Qeynos so I can get the nice cloak. Problem is Im way too squishy and the mobs are coming fast and furious in starcrest. Ive seen other wizards at 80 who can basically tank a dungeon themselves. How do you get to that point?
  2. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

starcrest commune? mentoring is the easiest way to do it, doesn't matter what class you are.
  3. Gibbie New Member

Yes I was able to do the quests by mentoring but Id still like to know how a wizard can tank a lvl 80 dungeon? Ive seen it happen so I know its possible.
  4. Fistpower Well-Known Member

You could get the Crested Mistmoore Shield from the loping plains HQ. The amount of protection they added to that shield is pretty crazy.

Spec for Deflecting Staff, Wards of Sages, Concussive Blast, Spellshifting, Magi's Shielding, Mail of Frost.

I've had a sorc tank vek and re2 using that.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  5. Gibbie New Member

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try.
  6. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

considering how messed up the gear is currently and cloth having mit... yeap you can tank lol.
  7. Atan Well-Known Member

As others stated, check your AA spec, Wizards can tank everything short of avatars.
  8. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

We get even more physical mit in the shadows tree! I'm gonna have as much mit as a brawler next xpac.
  9. Kalika Well-Known Member

It is called battlemage, i have a 25ish wizzie somewhere and she can aoe huge pack of unlinked mobs with 60aas and no mistmoore shield. In velious my warlock friend often tanked when the tank was undegered or drunk granted that he had quite decent gear.

For your quest, for many city quets NPC will help you, stop dpsing use desagro and mob will attack npc. For some quest you also have an itme that weaken the mob from ^^^ to 1^.

We cannot chrono mentor now but you may be able to mentor someone low level.
  10. Khieran Active Member

I need to explore that then... my 20ish warlock is basically made of paper mache :(
  11. Atan Well-Known Member

Between, avoidance aa, mit aa, mistmore shield, ill will, mana shield, and proc gear, if you kit a sorcerer correctly, it can basically raid tank anything but avatars.
  12. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

So a high mit wizard... would it be called a Tankard... or Wizank.. or Wank.. Twizank? I mean, I've seen Tankadours.. Inquizitanks..