Wizard, Question on increments and fireblast

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Mittensworth, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Mittensworth New Member

I'm leveling up a wizard, and now that I'm in my 70's and have a healthy amount of AA's, I want to make sure I'm doing it right. I have two questions, and they might be related.

1- How does Fireblast work? Do I cast Fireblast, then try to do as much damage as I can in the next 10 seconds? And then Fireblast does a percentage of the damage I did over those 10 seconds?

2- I keep reading up on wizard guides and rotations, and everyone keeps mentioning building up "increments". What does this mean, and how can I see how much I've built up?
  2. Foretold Well-Known Member

I can't help with FB rotations (I suck at wizardry), but you won't have the spell(s) that increment until after you hit level 90, as its a prestige AA ability.

So don't worry about counting to 150... yet :D Once you get there, there will be an icon in your maintained spells window (called Frozen Solid) that will increment up to 150. At that point, you can use the associated big nuke...after you hit your two spells that insta-cast if you have 150 increments (Eci's Frozen Wrath and Blast of Devastation).
  3. Mittensworth New Member

Aha! Now this makes so much more sense. So its part of the prestige AA tree.
  4. Mittensworth New Member

Do I have the general idea right on how to use Fireblast?
  5. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yep :)
  6. Xabbu Member

Just keep in mind that FB will only track direct damage over that 10 sec, so don't go casting your dots after you start.