Wizard help

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Sehenry1010, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Sehenry1010 Member

Ok guys I am starting EQ2 again. I started it about a year ago before my computer collapsed and I just got a new computer so am gonna start over. My questions are:

1) Gear. I made a wizard named Quiknuke and he is gonna be my only toon. I have just basic gear and I am wondering if there is any good gear I can get through questing or drops and where to look for it. Any ideas would be great =)

2) AA's. I know everyone here knows the wizard great....but I don't lol. Any guides or tips on what AA's to focus on or what spells to use most? Combos? Any help is appreciated

3) What areas should I be lvling in? I o not have ToV but I have everything else. What merc should I be using?

4) Is there an easy way to get a mount?

5) Are there any quests I NEED to do?
  2. Sehenry1010 Member

No help from anyone?
  3. SacDaddy420 Active Member

copy daray or magmag's aa profile.

get gear by running heroic zones.

win.
  4. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

1. Depends on what you can afford and your level of help from guildies. Mastercrafted gear in the sub 90 range isn't half bad, you can replace it with drops as you find them.

2. Daray is good, equilibrium has nice wizards too as I recall. Look those up, embrace the logic. I level with about 2-3 times the number of aa to level, give or take. So at fifty I have 100-150 aa. Ymmv but I like the aa umph.

3. Merc depends on what other toons you run with. You may be more in need of a healer or a tank, just depends on your group. Some like the pally merc others say stamper.

4. Look up mount quests. There are a bunch, as you level up you go from normal mounts like a horse to leaping and gliding and then flying mounts.