Wizard Discussion

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Pariel, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Hachi Member

> what we get if we choose single target line ?

A bert stare followed by a slap on the wrist? :p
  2. Mentin Member

I do wonder what models Sony use to decide wizards are ok?

* Theoretical spreadsheet models? These obviously are wrong, given the sorry state of he wizards. They might show a nice theoretical result, but probably do not compensate for the high complexity of the wizard. Things like aiming fusion(and needing at least 3 targets for full benefit), having a stable situation and no interrupts for fiery blast, having to go close range(and die..) for some of our heaviest hitters, having at least 15 spells to keep on cooldown to max dps, managing Incineration counters.. it all adds up to very complicated gameplay. Complicated gameplay means dps will be lost because you just can't get it right every time.

* Parses, in particular posted parses? Then I really hope they do the average of many parses and in differing situations. Wizards can certainly produce some massive numbers when the planets align and everything hits, but that rarely is the case in normal play. It is the average(zone-wide) dps that counts, not what mega-super-big hits we can produce once in a while. Posted parses usually are the very best and are usually not representative for average play. And don't use PoW as the only measuring bench. PoW is one of the more wizard-friendly areas I think, with the potential for mass AE figths. CoE areas are a lot worse for wizards.

I'll pull out the old argument from back when the summoners were whining about their class: Someone at Sony really need to play the class so they can get an idea how it really works.

As for aa's: I see most top-level wizzes are now running dual conversion spec. That should be a clear message to Sony that the wizard prestiges are not quite successful.
  3. Yavist New Member

SOE's description of Wizards when starting the class:

"The Wizard can unleash the purest forms of destruction by harnessing the arcane magic of fire and ice. Channeling the full force of these elements into deadly focus, no other type of mage is able to match the Wizard's ability to inflict such great devastation upon a single target."

Please notice the bold part of the description. Can we edit this to say no other type of mage expect summoners?
  4. oldskool Active Member

Is there anyone who solos and plays a battle mage spec. I used this for quite a while pre-CoE and did ok. Probably because soloing is pretty easy regardless.
  5. Vizzio New Member

In total agreement that the Wiz Prestige is all jacked up. I have tried both the right and left side spending hundreds of plat changing my spec several times a day. Left side is way to hard to manage. I find myself always looking at my spell effects window wasting dps time trying to find the icon and if it has 120, or 180, etc. What a disaster that is.

When you are in a raid you don't have to look and see how many increments of some spell is on a mob or on you. So I also went the half right and half left spec.

I am sure that they devs had good intentions and hopes for the wiz prestige to work out well but unfortunately most raiding wizards are not using the left or right side to its fullest intent.
  6. Daray Well-Known Member

Pretty sure I said this would be the result (during beta). Dual conversion (as a spec) is not too much of an issue atm (I have found myself reasonably competitive), but the reason I was pushing so hard for better gameplay in the new additions to both sides was because I was thinking more to the future when they inevitably will expand the trees and we will probably be forced to use them.

Perhaps these new abilities that have largely been discarded by the wizard community will be addressed at some point to make them viable, but Xelgad is off enjoying his vacation atm and I am a cynical person anyway.
  7. Fendaria Member

Well, we were able to finally convince the devs into upgrading the FoV damage and the RoD reset chance prestige from the last expansion for this one so the dual conversion is viable for us at least. (Something we were asking to be improved during the previous beta).

Hopefully it wont take that long this time.

Fendaria
  8. napu Member

incineration is rubbish, seems silly that you have to use all your weak spells just to make the most of it. At least let surge of ro let the normal spells affect it.
  9. Dinwiz Active Member

new year bump
  10. Fendaria Member

Still hoping....

Fendaria
  11. theriatis Active Member

Using Dual-Conversion after testing both Lines to the End. Best Option so far for me.
    Still getting my behind wipped by BLs, Assassins and Conjurers... eh... maybe i'm just bad. Sorry, my fault.
    -.-
    theriatis.
  12. Fendaria Member

Copied the quote here.

Still hoping to have some of the issues with our Prestige and DPS adjusted.

Fendaria
  13. Bugger New Member

Just picked up Sanguine Sacrifice, states will increase power by 5%, so I thought when I cast Sanguine my power would increase by 5%, it does not. Where does the 5% increase come in? My potency increases the 1.5% per INT and my power is replenished after manaburn until the spell drops off, Im I doing something wrong?
  14. Fendaria Member

If you are not at 100% power, say only 50%, and then hit Sanguine you should see your power go to up 5%, say to 55%. If it doesn't do this, then I would say Sanguine is bugged.

I don't believe the 5% is an increase to your max power. The Energy Reflection prestige clearly states it increases Max Power and Sanguine isn't worded this way. However it wouldn't be the first time SoE didn't word an ability quite correctly.

Fendaria
  15. theriatis Active Member

Please fix Fusion... i can't use it properly in Encounters with big Hitboxes. (or fix me, if you have to).
    Range 0,1m - 10m is annoying... change it to 0-10m, so that i can also use it inside a big Hitbox (*cough* Dragon *cough)
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

Or Baelon or Boroddas or any of the War Wraith bosses in PoW... yeah plenty of mobs have massive hitboxes a minimum range like that is a bit of a pain in the bum.
  17. Wigg Member

You need to stay Sanguine speced. Right now it is the best choice for Wizzy since with all the int increases, you end up with over 50 potency from the buff. The power regen is 5% instantly and 1% every second and uses health instead of mana to cast spells. I usually eat the 5% increase or use it before manaburn. The 1% increase makes sure you have enough mana to cast almost instantly and if you save the right spells, you never miss a beat (that is unless you are on one of the annoying mobs that mana drains on hits.)
  18. Arzael New Member

Sorry to be a gravedigger but I just recently came back due to the new expansion and I was wondering if any updates have came through regarding WIzards and lack of DPS in the last few months..

Thanks.