Wizard aa's

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Avahlynn, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Could I get the name of some top wizards so I can go study aa build set ups over on equ? I have a baby wizard and would like to start learning the how's and whys of the end game build. I don't raid, mostly solo molo small grouping is what I do.

Thanks!
  2. Rahvin1982 New Member

Just search for one of the top raiding guilds on your server. Then check out their wizards and find one that is well geared. Chances are if they are in a top raiding guild, they know what there doing (this certainly isnt always the case).

If you arent a raider you may want to change a few things as they are usually set up for certain raid groups with a certain set of buffs.. but it will give you a good idea on most AA's.
  3. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I hesitate to copy and paste a raider aa's in that they may or may not be specifically geared for their regular group...

I'm still really new to this class and I'm the first to admit my overall ignorance of how to best utilize it. But I'll check out the raid wizards and see what I can decipher. :)
  4. Entropy Well-Known Member

Your "baby wizard" won't get full advantage of some of the AA's that raiders will want/need. However, if you want to use some of them as reference, look up the wizards in Equilibrium or Revelations. Those are the two guilds I generally use when looking to get ideas for AA's for my alts.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  5. Gandolph Member

just know this...If you are not interested in raiding and you want to farm/solo or run heroics.. the "increment" aa's may not be for you...
    Avahlynn likes this.
  6. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I'm trying on Koncept's aa's now, I think he or she is in Equilibrium.

And it made me smile that a wizard named Gandolph replied to my thread. :D
  7. Plinc Active Member

running around with instant Eci's / BoD in itself is enough to make the "increment aa's" worthwhile.
    Koncept is a good start.
    skip left side prestige, it's for when you can't get up close.
  8. Entropy Well-Known Member

I tried left side prestige; the DPS on single target training dummy was slightly higher than right side, but I lost a bunch of AE capability and a group proc.

After spending some time in Skyshrine leveling my new adorns, I love the right side spec even more. I gather up a room full of mobs, hit instant Eci/BoD, and clean up the rest with a Firestorm and a few quick nukes. It's pretty epic. (Oh, yeah, and it's still the preferred spec for any group/raid content as well...)