Withered Lands

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Lempo, May 10, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

So we are burning Hexapola and Withered Lands crashes. Come back in and the mob is gone.
    This crap is getting old. At a minimim this is the second time it has happened on Everfrost.
  2. ARCHIVED-Neonblue Guest

On Unrest server, this happened again tonight. Why would they keep despawning the mob due to server crashes, it's just crazy.
  3. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

We are looking into the crashes involved with this fight. Its not being killed by us, I think when it crashes the code considers it as having been killed. We are working on trying to get the bugs worked out with this... Well, bug fight
    We are also addressing that it only drops one item. After the fix it should drop two breastplates and a weapon each time it is killed.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Sounds like it *might* actually encourage some pulls on the mob.
    The 1 breastplate was enough to say well progression kill down, let's not come back, but if you can make sure the weapon is in line with where it needs to be the mob might get pulled some more.
    I can't recall, but I could have swore Oxy dropped 2 pants and 2 wrists in EM and a 3rd armor piece in HM, no reason this mob shouldn't drop the same amount of loot as EM Oxy.
  5. ARCHIVED-TheGeneral Guest

In its current state.. its just way too long of a fight.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Gninja wrote:
    I had to read this a few time for it to sink in. I don't think anyone thinks the devs are swooping in for a ninja kill and the zone comes back up all for a single breastplate. :)
    If the zone should recover with the mob back up and something is causing that not to happen when the zone crashed on us the mob was burrowed at the time and we were killing the adds. Maybe the non-agro/immunity state of the mob is what is causing the code to believe it had been killed.
  7. ARCHIVED-Drupal Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    Had a giggle reading that. The code does not believe it anything, it is what it is
    should be a simple :
    if ( mob.HitPoints <= 0 ) then
    {
    World.StartRespawnTimer(mob);
    mob.State = State.Dead;
    mob.GenerateLoot();
    }
    There, now cough up my 100$ for fixing the code, kthx.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

In another thread you posted that you would test for $40/hr. Based on that this drivel isn't worth $5 nor is it the least bit helpful or informative.
    The state that the mob was in at the time though might be helpful to them. I really think the cause was too many people in zone, 2 warlocks x 2 eternal damnation x2 curse of void x2 ET + RW PotM on that huge pile of linked adds blew things up. Everything stopped responding about the third or 4th cast into my rotation as many hundreds of procs were going off on that alone. This while people from 2 other raid forces laid in wait for a wipe and their shot at a pull.
  9. ARCHIVED-Drupal Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    Lempo darling, telling anyone that something makes the code believe the mob is dead simply shows your ignorance in the matter. I actually like you and agree with many of your points, but not this one. That was simply an example showing how a code might work. There's no believing here, you either do it right or not. It's obviously not done right and not tested as pretty much anything else lately.
    Have a go at me if that makes you feel better, but it's not going to solve anything.
  10. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Drupal wrote:
    The mob is clearly in a different state at that point it can not be attacked, it is immune to any damage and GNinja is the person that suggested that the code thought the mob was dead. It was not in a state where it could be agro'd nor was it in a state where it could be damaged, it was at that point in a limbo state. I have no problem being ignorant in that matter, in fact not being privy to the code or how the mobs state is toggled when it goes to burrow you are just as ignorant as I am to it. Whatever you want to call it it is, that information that I gave him has a lot more potential to identify WHY the mob didn't respawn when the server came back up because based on his reply it seems like that is what should have happened.
    Have you even been involved in a pull on the mob? Because that 87 pally of yours sure hasn't.
  11. ARCHIVED-DamselInDistress Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Chronus1 Guest

TheGeneral wrote:
    No, just no. The fight is, if anything, too easy, too short and too simple. You can go in with 3 solidly built groups and know it's either going to die or the zone will crash. What's your raid wide dps at and how shorthanded were you running? It is meant to be killed by 24 people, even if it's perfectly managable with much less.
  13. ARCHIVED-Mugen666 Guest

Drupal wrote:
    I find it laughable that you think someone who is able to maintain an MMO can't implement a simple conditional statement. You neglect to consider the impact of a server crash on the code. As a programmer myself, I can tell you that it's not always as simple as "if-then" when server-side data is involved.