Withered Lands - A Helping Hand

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by ShirQuickpaw, Jul 7, 2021.

1. ShirQuickpaw Member

Hello all,

got a problem with this old lvl 90 quest out of the Withered Lands timeline.

According to the wiki to the quest, you need to kill three different kind of mob together with a NPC, with the killing blow either by you or the NPC. Since I am self mentored down to lvl 90 (from lvl 100 with Panda lvl 100 gear), I unequiped my weapons and dropped my buffs to not one shot the mobs, but the NPC still one shots them, which seems to cause to miss the update with the comment from the NPC "Right kill but how is she learning anything, if she isn't involved in the hunt", with her always making the killing blow. I could solve one of the mobs (5 updates) by pure chance with the NPC hitting twice, instead of one shotting them.

Any ideas or trick how to solve this quests or what am I missing about it?

Thanks in advance

Quickpaw
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Twyla Well-Known Member

The way I've managed it is. Have the NPC attack, I just follow along, this worked really well for my healing classes. If help is needed I did the weakest hit possible, that was usually the strike of consistency. If I was using my Channeler or BL I put their pets away. (Although it was amusing to see the NPC in a bikini if I left them up. Sometimes I would just run up to them so they would aggro on me, then let the NPC do it's thing. Thankfully the mobs are many and respawn fairly quickly if needed.

I hope this helps.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  3. ShirQuickpaw Member

Thank you for the tip with having the NPC attack first - I must admit I completely forgot about the attack button in the pet menu.
    Though I also needed to exchange my armor to a stored lower version and remove most of my jewellery to reduce my stats, because the NPC was too powerful with them, one shoting the prey mob, which would not allow for an update. It really needed to be a fight where all parties got at least two shots in.

But thank you again for the help!!!
    Hartsmith likes this.
  4. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

I did this quest December of last year, I believe, on Brewmyst, and even with sending the scouts in to start the fight, it took the full 10 minutes to get the 5 updates, and I think I even had to get one of them twice.. Mentored down from 100, to 90, and it still was a pain.. Now working on the quest with my zerker (also 100 mentored to 90).. For 2 of the 3 scouts, most of the quest updates weren't too bad, but for the last scout (Kiosha, who needs deer meat), it's pulling teeth.. First 10 minutes.. ONE update. Ok, finished that bit. I had to strip almost all of the gear off the zerker, basically was only wearing helm, an earring, a ring, boots, and both charms... The deer were a little harder to get the scout to attack if they weren't agro first, but whatever damage I was doing with just barehanded fists, was enough to let them get their hits in, and it counted.
    Twyla likes this.