With recent weapon changes, which does more damage? buckler or dw?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Bilbo30, Oct 23, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

on a side note, how many times have any one of us pulled unexpected mobs while using gibe with the AoE range enhancement? personally i like to think we only have 2 taunts with that AA ability, IMO it is broken and far too powerful range wise with that enhancement to be used as often as it should.
  2. ARCHIVED-Sarkatius Guest

this is what it brakes down to...

1) Aonein, You are a troll my friend. A big nasty troll in that.
    2) people are not robots. of course buckler is the "best" spec but if people want to play another spec then by God they can and will. AND THEY SHOULD!
    3) Skel is an advocate. not an enforcer. you do *not* HAVE TO use buckler spec or Skel is gonna hunt u down. he is and has only ever stated that it is PROVEN to be the best and work the best

the end, amen, w/e u wana call it this is done.
  3. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Lyger@Mistmoore wrote:
    Yes I agree, SoE need to look into that and Cyclone from AGI line that allows people to pull mobs from downstairs, up stairs and just generally all around you reguardless of x, y and z axis and solid walls. The coding needs to be fixed for these skills as alot of people exploit pull with these skills.
    Sarkatius, only troll here is yourself and your 4 month old posting track record that is in numerous amounts of sections of the forum, at least stick to your scout section before accusing other people of being trolls.
  4. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

-Aonein- wrote:
    Yeah you're totally right, we dont push 50, just 90K... sorry to disapoint

[IMG]
  5. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

i think i just lost a little respect
  6. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Skel, I meant I have no doubt that your guild isn't pushing 50k, only just now picked up on the spelling error, none the less, what Kaberu mentioned earlier truely shines in that post of yours, your egotistical elitism attitude truely shines.
    I won't go into how it isn't hard to parse high numbers with 5 Warlocks on the raid in NTT.
  7. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

5 warlocks would be cool, too bad that would make up like 20% of my guild if that were the case. Why should i not be proud of what i have done, i am the only zerker to tank every EoF mob WW. Sorry to tell you its not being an elitest, i actually help people. You just arent smart enough to understand it, perfect example in the sticky.
  8. ARCHIVED-PaganSaint Guest

Five warlocks would have been in far excess of 120k DPS on that parse.

Three sorcerers period on that parse.

EDIT: Multiple edits because I couldn't even type when correcting myself.
  9. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

arrogance is my little pet peeve, sometimes we need to come down a notch or 3 to try and remember who we are trying to help.
  10. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    There is a difference between pride and egotistical, your the only Zerker who advertises that you have tanked every EoF mob in the game, I am 100% sure there is others, they just aren't as vocal as you are about it. I've no doubt your proud of it Skel, but you fail to realize that any plate tank class could do it in your gear or gear that is the same quaility and with your raid backing them, I am also 100% sure of that too, why do you think this is all about you?
    As for being smart, yes I guess we should all know that there is some type of magical varible that isn't displayed in the UI and we should all know that there is two types of parry %, one of which we can't see or even measure, not even succesfully 100% with parsing......I mean you yourself even said that the wording needs to be changed.
    No offence Skel, im sure you enjoy the lime light, your attitude towards being a MA opposed to being MT is questionable, I personally feel that being MA is more challenging then being MT for the simple fact there is no time to build agro when you want to burn down trash adds as fast as possible, also picking up adds mid fight or randomly is alot more challenging then keeping one target for 5 mins, but again, this is all about taste.
  11. ARCHIVED-PaganSaint Guest

Any could d it after they have the gear.

Not very many could do it to get that gear he has.

That is what people seem to pass over, he tanked everything as a berserker to get that gear.

As in before he had the gear.
  12. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

-Aonein- wrote:
    Actually, there isnt, only a handfull of guilds have killed AoM and i am the only MT zerker in those.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

Sarkatius wrote:
    I don't think it's accurate to say the buckler spec is the best spec. It's a "good enough" spec for every category rolled into one which often makes it the best choice for covering a variety of different situations... so in that regards, you definitely have a point.

The defense it provides is good enough, the offense you gain is good enough, the aggro you generate is good enough and so on. Basically, one spec might be 100% of maximum defense capabilities, 60% of maximum offense, 80% aggro. Another spec might equate to 70% defense, 100% offense, and 70% aggro out of the max capabilities. The buckler spec sits at the equivalent of 90% offense, 90% defense, 90% aggro by comparison.

You have possibly the most overall gain with a buckler spec, but it's not the best when it comes down to situational use. The fun part is analyzing the balance: A berserker might only ever need to utilize 80% of their maximum aggro generation (since most DPS classes have transfers and reductions). If that's the case, then it makes a lot of sense to build towards other goals instead of overspending in one.

Me personally? I do a good amount of soloing and small grouping so the buckler spec is right up my alley. I tank full groups in it as well since it's not really feasible to keep switching. I do perform better as a meat shield in full groups when I am fully specced for tower-shield style tanking. The exception being when I am grouped with high aggro DPS classes... well, mostly just overzealous warlocks. At that point thought, I need the extra offense merely for aggro purposes and the buckler spec is the best way to gain that with limited defensive loss.