With recent weapon changes, which does more damage? buckler or dw?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Bilbo30, Oct 23, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Bremer wrote:
    Huh? Every single peice of damage you do has a chance to cause these reactives to proc, its why Necro's, Illusionists or anyone who can do massive amounts of dmg via dots or attack speed get stunned and feared the most, you think the 2nd attack is for some reason flagged as some non registering form of damage? The 2nd attack from double attack is classed as what ever it triggers off, auto attack which equates to what type of weapon you use ie; crushing, pierce etc or what ever combat art it triggers off.
    Skel, its what you say and what you try to compare everything with, like your comparison above about avatars having a worse Damage shield which is what we aren't even talking about, DS can be mitigated or absorb'd, Fear and Stun can't, it can be resisted, but not absorb'd. Just look at the reactive proc effects on Mischief!. Just out of curiosity Skell, still thinking of betraying to Guardian?
    Ashrim, I am willing to bet the Warden was able to remove the reactives.
    I am not saying that Buckler isn't still working or that one form is better then any other, sheesh, all I am saying is that the reactive procs on NPC's is getting worse and growing in percentage, anyone who has fought Mischief will understand.
  2. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

-Aonein- wrote:
    Gladly if you dont post on the guardian forums
  3. ARCHIVED-Ashrim Guest

The warden isn't spec'd in the sta line so he couldn't dispell it.
  4. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    Why doesn't Aftermath just recruit a Guardian and you become MA Skel?
  5. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

-Aonein- wrote:
    - A successful double attack no longer provides an additional chance to trigger a proc.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...99&#2790294

Anyway, when SoF will be patched on my server on Wednesday I'll try it , even if you were right (almost a premiere), as others have pointed out, it would be no problem.
  6. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Bremer wrote:
    So you can read the future? Have you even tanked Mischief? Here is some advice Skel won't tell you, you do realise he tanks avatars in defensive and Tower right? What about Rumbler in EH Skel, you tank that in Ostance with buckler too?
  7. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

Syntax@Venekor wrote:
    You had two of the most powerful healers AND a mezzer... the zone was not trivial, you had an easy pass. Don't get me wrong, I tanked SoF in a buckler spec as well and with only a single healer and no mezzers. It wasn't easy as pie but it certainly was challenging and entertaining... far from the trivial matter that you claim it to be.

Aonein is right, we've seen glimpses of what's coming and there is just cause to believe we will increasingly feel the effects of the lower defense the buckler line provides as the level cap increases. Surely you don't expect the game to stay a cakewalk as is so vehemently professed by the long term posters? There is enough information out there already to make the assumption that it will not if you are willing to dig deep enough.
  8. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

I dont have the personality or interest in being MA. TBH if we ever got a new MT it would be because i quit =]
  9. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    Sorry to hear that Skel, kinda thought you would be the type of team player to do what ever needed to be done to keep moving forward. If in the event you do make the cross over to Guardian, hope you find what your looking for.
  10. ARCHIVED-PaganSaint Guest

The willingness to betray is being a team player to do what is best for the raid.

The stance of saying I won't betray even though I am the best MT available, I will just take a slot from someone else who is already in the raid doing that job would be entirely unacceptable and selfish.
  11. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

One could easily argue that willing to betray to maintain the MT position is a selfish reason.

Now I've picked on Skel plenty myself, but I know that he knows what he knows and that's all that he knows, he's Skelly the raid-tanking man! Toot! Toot! He's stubborn as an *** though when it comes to subjects affected by point-of-view just as much as I'm a smart *** (or a dumb *** if you prefer) when it comes to mine.

At least we can all take comfort in the fact that we are united in wanting a nice piece of *** from time to time.
  12. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

i dont have to betray to maintain my MT role. Its my choice based on what i see being the most sucessful for the guild in the expansion. If zerkers get jack, guards get booted dps, plus the utility they have now why stay?
  13. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

-Aonein- wrote:
    Its pretty funny that you would make assumptions about what i would do when you never watch me, and there are screenies on our website of me tanking avatars with bucklers on. Just for the record i tank avatars in O stance with a buckler.

[IMG]
  14. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

just to prove you even more wrong:

[IMG]
  15. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Yes, your avatar gear from farming them for the past, what is it, 2 months now? truely shines on Rumbler Skel, good job. AoF on the other hand is easier then Wuoshi encounter, I'd say he is the easiest of all Avatars. Show me a picture or parse with you tanking AoM in buckler + Ostance, then i'll be impressed.
  16. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

First off, you asked for rumbler. Why would you go and try and downplay it. Second off 2 months? Are you really on crack? We killed our first avatar 8 months ago and even then with no avatar gear... i tanked with a buckler. As for AoM, we have had him twice and i havent used O stance either time, but always rock the buckler. Im sure you can find reversal without the arrows

[IMG]

Have a nice day
  17. ARCHIVED-PaganSaint Guest

Skel just don't bother, he is dragging you into some sort of vicious cycle where he can form an excuse for everything and try to down play your tanking and our healer's abilities.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for what does the best DPS between DW and Buckler?

It depends upon many factors:
    -What weapons do you have available?
    -What group set up are you using to compare?
    -What armor and jewelry do you have?

If spec'd fully for buckler or fully for DW, DW has better ZW possibilities depending upon those three questions.
  18. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

i am hardly concerned with what someone who looks like they have raided twice in thier life has to say. As for saying AoF or woushi is a chump is laughable for someone who doesnt even raid EoF.
  19. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Just for your viewing pleasure our first avatar kill... notice the buckler reversal. GG

[IMG]
  20. ARCHIVED-PaganSaint Guest

Wow... Owned.

My question is why and how he even got on this random rant, just because you compared a much worse proc to trigger from an avatar/raid fight to one people are complaining about in a heroic instance?