With Multiple Planes, will we have more than one overland this time? (DEV?)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Altho, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Altho Well-Known Member

Curious
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Curious if you just want more space, or more zones, or more quests, or content etc.

Each will basically have a different answer. We could have a huge zone without much quests and the majority of it flying around (Obulus), Or 2 relatively small zones with lots of content (Eidolon/Obol Plains), or Huge zones with lots of content (AoM).

I doubt you'll get any real answer till Beta goes up and you get the generic list along the lines of;
    x Overland zones
    y Solo/Heroic zones
    z Raid zones
    Mizgamer62 and Lucus like this.
  3. Lucus Well-Known Member

the amount of overlands don't really matter, it's the area space and content in them that makes the difference.

quantity vs quality
  4. Elinea Well-Known Member

If I could wish for one single thing over anything else in the new expansion, it would be some contested content. A few contested zones would be awesome. It's the thing I hated most about KA, after dungeons were done and the signature line completed, there was really nothing else to do. Not even harvesting, since the nodes were uncommon, limited to only the first instance, and each spawn was a race that I inevitably lost.
  5. Jhen Ro Active Member

(Possible Spoilers / Conjecture)

My unfounded predictions:

- Plane/Shard of Knowledge - reskinned Maj'dul central city area with quest givers, crafting areas, etc, along with portals to the various planes, alla Skyshrine setup
    - Plane of Magic - Overland Zone
    - Sol Ro Tower - Solo/Adv Solo/Heroic/Raid - maybe based off of Najena's tower? Fire heavy. Maybe Lavastormy.
    - Pane of Air - Solo/Adv Solo/Heroic/Raid - Reskinned pillars of flame? New art.
    - Plane of Innovation - Solo/Adv Solo/Heroic/Raid - Based off of Klak'anon or Klak instance with lot of new art elements/mobs
    - Plane of Disease - Solo/Adv Solo/Heroic/Raid - new art
    - Plane of Time - Special Raid Zone - New art.

- Voice at end of prelude is Druzzil Ro - Goddess of Magic.
    - We 'turned the key' to allow access to the Plane of Knowledge again by finding the remnant of the Bazaar in Commonlands... or maybe the portal book to PoK, or maybe tunnel people used to sell in? Leaning towards Bazaar.
    - Armor will be Planar Armor patterns
    - Quest to buff epic 2.0 weapon to level 110 - outcries inevitable about what was spent infusing is gone
    - Access to Plane of Time requires the Herald or whatnot end boss from PoA, PoI, PoD, SRT to be killed to grant access
    - Travel to PoK will not be scroll stands but be the new shimmering pool area at the base of the Wizard Spires - maybe only at SOME of them, maybe the larget style spires like in GFay, Teren's Grasp, Eastern Wastes, etc
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

*crossing my fingers for a really cool smaller prestige house that is about the size of the one in New Halas*
    Xillean and Tekka like this.
  7. Tekka Well-Known Member

Yes please. Can we get a prestige house that is actually house-y and not a cleared out zone? (We're already getting Mara with days of summer, which is very good)

As for the zones, I lean toward agreement with Jhen Ro, and we'll see something similar to ToT - one hub zone (probably a 'city' like plane of knowledge) with the planes being instances attached to it via portals, possibly with a small attached overland area.
    Mizgamer62 and Dude like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*giggles at Tekka*

I prefer the cleared out zones, probably because my intent is to learn to really decorate, not just throw out some plants and the huge cleared zones give me areas to try things and learn things without bumping into something already there. Perhaps a choice of 1 of 2 or 3 different houses, one the cleared out zone type and the other a "house-y" type house. Then each of your characters could choose a smaller one or the larger one.

Your houses are fantabulous Tekka so I would think you would love the large spaces to make your own things.

Cyrrena
    Dude and Tekka like this.
  9. Raenius Well-Known Member

The zone-in into the different planes will be within the BG lobby - enjoy.

Not THAT impossible...
  10. Tekka Well-Known Member

Thank you! I enjoy both decorating and building. I'm hoping for a house-y house this go because there's less of them on the prestige list than the huge houses, or outdoor/cleared zones to build in/inside of.

I love variety and in the end, I'll figure out how to use whatever we get. (and hope for my moderate home)

:D
    Dude likes this.