With Appearance Slots coming in the next update...

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-zerfall, Aug 31, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-zerfall Guest

Will anybody be going from whatever leather armor look/gi they currently have to a cloth robe look?

And if you are... what robe would you pick that most closely resembles the RotWF? :) I remember there being a low level robe (possibly even leather actually) that was beige, with a darker strip down each side of the center in front. Can't remember the name of it for the life of me though...
  2. ARCHIVED-x0rtrunks Guest

3. ARCHIVED-mattmandude Guest

I'll be happy as long as I don't have to look like I have a salad bowl on my head when I wear the Hallowed Basilisk Skullcap =/
  4. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

There is at least one leather robe from KoS, I plan to put a Gi on over my Permanition Mantle (haven't got the Wu's Gi yet.
  5. ARCHIVED-x0rtrunks Guest

I guess i'll be happy if putting on the gi chest piece in the fluff slot will overright all of our other slots like it currently does when you actually equip it. Though i'm really bummed i won't be able to use the robes I have saved up. And I've seen the leather robe... it's alright, but i'd still love to have the options of other robe looks open.
  6. ARCHIVED-MadBarman Guest

Hopefully they will remove the restriction on the appearence slots. The only reason given for a restriction was becasue some class would have more choice than others.

Personally I want to get hold of the bruiser starting/AQ style Gi (bare chest not the odd thing monks get usually). So either the legendary level 32ish one from EoF or get some people to farm a Gi of Madness from the Spirits of the Lost raid zone.
  7. ARCHIVED-x0rtrunks Guest

The Blood Drenched Gi looks the same as the Gi of Madness (pants and sleeves only).
  8. ARCHIVED-Narbuvold Guest

Nah, the main reason they made the change is becoes then everyone could fight in robes without any flaws. And scouts/fighters shouldn't wear robes while fighting.
  9. ARCHIVED-x0rtrunks Guest

I understand the reason, but it's kind of a heavy handed way of going about it. Why can't only robes be effected, or why can't monks be excluded? Monks in robes makes sense. We used to even get an avoidance bonus from wearing cloth. Either start putting more leather robes in game, or let me wear my barristers robe in the fluff slot. /rant
  10. ARCHIVED-tt66 Guest

Nevia@Lucan DLere wrote:
    But mages can wear plate? How is that fair?
  11. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Nevia@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I fight in a robe already, and I'm an assassin. They changed it because of the "shaft factor" and so that the different armor classes would get the same number of choices in appearance items, instead of plate classes getting the most and mages getting the least.
  12. ARCHIVED-Nokrahs Guest

there was talk about restrictions to prevent good geared high lvl players appear like low level newbs
    on the PvP servers.

however, the change for PvP servers only would just do imho.

the "everyone will take a cloak" statement is not exactly true since people tend to create unique outfits for their
    chars and even if everyone is going for a cloak in the first couple of days the look will become old very soon.

a little more faith in the people and less pointless restrictions would not hurt sometimes.

I would prefer tints for armor pieces anyway but a Gi out of my collection to hide the ugly crossdressing result of
    raiding is not bad either.

cheers,

Nok
  13. ARCHIVED-Timaarit Guest

Gaige wrote:
    Right. Now plate classes effectively get the least useful choices and mages get the most.

But I can understand it lorewise. After all, there are ceremonial armor for each type. But there really are more cloth sets than anything else.
  14. ARCHIVED-Amzin Guest

The thing is, casters DO have the least choice in armor, and plate tanks do have the MOST choice in armor, so why the hell shouldn't that carry over to appearance?
  15. ARCHIVED-zerfall Guest

16. ARCHIVED-x0rtrunks Guest

You can now use anything that your class could normally equip. Yay!
  17. ARCHIVED-Crunion Guest

I'm wearing plate looking items now. Always wanted to be a plate tank.
  18. ARCHIVED-Nokrahs Guest

I use my Gi Collection finally
  19. ARCHIVED-Prodigus Guest

Wearing some Qeynos status gear (striking woven) atm. Along with my Mistrunner I look like royalty haha. Goes with the cloak as well.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]