[Wishlist] Loyalty Merchant

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Jazabelle, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Any house item that has come and gone should be available for purchase on the loyalty merchant. If they are from a world event merchant or the collector's or premium edition of an expansion, gather all these items up and make a housing pack 20XX where the XX would be the year the world event and expansion was released. Sell these housing packs for $15-$20, they would include any furnishings and recipe books, if there was a house available, add another pack with the house and add another $15-20 to the price tag. These would only be good for the one opening the package so I could not get it for all of the characters on my account by purchasing it one time.

Furniture and houses does not give anybody a leg up on the competition, it does not contribute to the pay to win in any way, all it would do is generate additional revenue for DBG by simply gathering all this stuff up and putting it in a crate and selling that crate to us, the art and everything is already done and in the game. I am sure there are people here on the forums *blushes and looks at Uwk blushing too* that would be more than willing to volunteer our services to compile the lists of items and email them to DBG or make a spreadsheet and email that to them, sorted by year of course.

The Deities know that us house addicts will spend a tremendous amount of money for housing items, pets/plushies, houses, etc, even if we are still looking for a copy of "JesDyr's Layout Editor for Dummies Extended Edition".

It has been stated that AoM is the last expansion that will be FtP.
    Smallcorners, Dude, Karamella and 5 others like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's not a bad idea, either! :D Heaven knows there's lots of items we have to do prerequisites for that aren't impossible...and They should have our records as to which expacs we bought and which we just waited to go "free content" for. ;->

Smart; do that "one per account" tag thing if anyone squawks. They couldn't get too upset about it if all of their toons could get it because they were smart enough/rich enough/good enough/etc. to get it the instant it became available. ;->

Heh! You volunteering me? ;-> O' course, I am the Royalty of the Spreadsheet by this point, probably... ;->

Yeeks. :(

Uwk
    Karamella, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Ashla Member

I would like to see the Dragon Statute that so many of us built during the Dragon attack event on the loyalty merchant.Or let carpenters make it..Just don't flag it no trade or heirloom
    And let it look just like the ones in Antonica and Commonlands.I love the color and texture...and size.
  4. parissa Well-Known Member

Not sure if this one has been suggested yet... Too many pages to scroll through... But I would love if possible to see mounts that have some stats on them, even if its for large amounts... For CD only my accounts that bought the higher editions got mounts... I still haven't gotten mounts to drop for me in the zones..Maybe I am doing something wrong... I'm using mounts from the previous expansion still lol...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

have you looked at the status merchant in myrist? you may be able to buy a mount there
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Aabari Active Member

Probably been asked for already but cut out dividers for the Faceless and Nexus sets
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. parissa Well-Known Member

Oh I did but I only saw upgrades for my mount from collectors edition.... I will double check on my other accounts... Maybe I overlooked them... I thought it was weird that the only mount attainable was dropped randomly... Thanks for the info... Will try there
  8. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

It would be very lovely if we could remove rent on houses and guild halls. We spend lots of time, coin and status to buy things for houses and guild halls. We do have prestige houses that don't have rent so doesn't really make sense to have rent on houses? I think that should be enough just to obtain the items, to have to keep maintaining a guild hall seems excessive. Not as many people are playing so it makes it hard to keep up on guild halls. Amenities did cost a large amount of plats and status so that should be enough, right?

I know we can buy 4 treasure hoards but they take up precious item count and are more grinding. Plus, only the owner of the house is allowed to place treasure hoards that will actually work. Not fun to grind for everything. It is a game. If you cannot just remove rent for houses and/or guild halls, could you at least put something not too expensive that works like a house expander on loyalty merchant or marketplace that doesn't cost too much? Or what about if you buy a non-standard expansion you get a bundle of tokens that you use to remove rent permanently? We have so many houses disappearing off the housing leaderboards due to rent not paid. Some of us spent lots of time decorating for someone else and then cannot go back and look at our work cuz we don't have access to pay rent. Another option could be no rent if house is published and don't have to pay rent until it is unpublished.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool ideas! I also like the suggestion I've seen, for us using status reducing house items IN GUILD HALLS. That would take care of a lot of headaches right there, I think; gold and even platinum we can always get. :-/ Even if the devs insist on not eliminating status costs, let us at least whittle it down to like 25%. Maybe each house item could reduce the status cost by like 25%, like the Treasure Hoards, but we could only get three of them, max.

I also like the thought of someone visiting a house of ours, either to Vote or to buy stuff from our Sales Crates, and being able to chip in for a week's worth of rent. Like, one of their toons per server or account or however it's done for house Voting; that way, the homeowners don't get too complacent (it can happen; trust me on that...), and remember to check their houses (or at least, put them on a spreadsheet, with the date of the last, say, 84 day fill-er-up, so you know when your rent comes due again [have I done this yet? Er... :oops:]).

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

When I said rent, I meant coin and status. The purchase price (coin and status) should be all we need to pay for any house or guild hall. Especial during a time when RL rent is an issue for so many. Who needs that in a game too.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely (though, could be worse; could've been Landmark Beta... :-/).

I'm not really sure what us not paying our rent (coin/status) and locking us out of our house or hall does for DBG; is it supposed to teach us financial responsibility (considering we have to be at least 13 with parental permission, or 18 without, I'd like to think we've got an understanding of that already)? Are they supposed to be a massive sink for the "gobs and gobs of status" we're getting (/sarcasm; not everyone earns "gobs and gobs of status" on a regular basis, and with the player base not as robust as in the past -- oh! I get it! They're in denial! :D)? I can recall when, if we wanted to upgrade to a 5-room place (back when we could only have ONE house per toon, lol), we were pretty much forced to take one that had a status requirement (and prayed we had access to a helpful, high level Carpy), at least until Gorowyn and New Halas came out. :(

If RL money were tied to it, like with The Bazaar and Vox server Brokers, I might understand, but... /shrug

If we're "renters," i.e., paying every week at a time, basically, for up to three months (and why not longer with a Guild Hall? The punishments for not upkeeping the coin and status for a GH are a lot worse), why the big initial down payment (hmm; maybe first, last, and security deposit -- nah, it's a lot more than that, initially)? Why is it that we're allowed to do essentially anything but rip out structural supporting walls to a place we're only renting (trust me, that isn't "realistic" all the time, either; we're not allowed to replace our faucet heads with low-flow ones where we are, let alone repaint the walls)? If we're renting, like a long-term hotel room, why doesn't a given city provide a bathroom down the hall for communal use (there certainly aren't built-in facilities provided for in each house, not even a movable chamber pot), with the option to bring in more plumbing if we want something a bit more personal? Or do we actually "own" our places (though we can't actually "sell" them to anyone else, even our alts) and it's not actually rent, it's a mortgage, or a lease, like with a fancy car? :-/

For a game that prides itself on "realism," they're not always terribly "realistic."

Uwk
    who has always wanted another, third form of currency just for rent; the only reason I like more plat in the economy is being able to afford bigger, more awesome houses (with no Status reqs!) for my Hordelings...but if we didn't have constant rent, that coin wouldn't be needed, and the Powers could take the axe to the Broker inflation without too much squawking (at least not from me, the non-speculator ;->)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Getting back to the whole brilliant idea of having previous World Events items becoming available again, somehow, on a regular basis: all those things from the "oh no, dragons are attacking the Spires, oh my goodness, even though this doesn't necessarily relate to any upcoming expac that I can think of off the top of my head, and is just for an anniversary event that if we don't spend all our available time in less than a month on, we'll never see these incredibly cool items again?" event would be glorious to have on the Loyalty Merchants or even (/sigh) on the Marketplace. Go ahead and make them for Members Only and/or Heirloom if you have to, o devs, or maybe put them on the Heroes' Festival merchants, available for actual in-game currency, rather than the "oh, you haven't taken a half hour or so to slay a patchwork monster? Loo-zr!" sort. :) As long as we have the reassurance that they're not going to get yanked out from under our feet again, that'll go a way towards relaxing us. ;->

Uwk
    who's never understood forcing people to do World Events or they'll never see such things again (Building on Sundered Ground II, I'm looking at YOU [though fortunately, I got a copy for each of my main Carpies]), even though DBG will not be losing any actual revenue if we don't... :-/
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, throwing this out again: Loyalty Merchant or Marketplace for a real, "working" Mushroom Circle that we could buy that would actually connect us to other Mushroom Circles (just outside them; wouldn't have to be in them) throughout Norrath during the Moonlight Grottoes? Maybe an uber-collection, if we collect everything else, like with Nights of the Dead? Because frankly, getting to Antonica's is a pain in the epiglottis, and really, Nektulos' and Enchanted Lands' are the only ones that are easy to get to, if you're Evil (if you're Good, it's easy to take the World Bell to The Nursery for the GF one). :-/

EDIT: While on the subject of the Grottoes: we've changed the nodes outside the Grottoes in the rest of Norrath, as far as numbers coming up in each harvest. Why can't we change that in the Grottoes? From 1, 3, or 5 (it's a major PitA to get exact multiples of four that way) to 2, 4, or 6 surely wouldn't break the bank, or the servers, or whatever. :)

Uwk
    Rosyposy, Alyndrys, Geroblue and 3 others like this.
  14. Misstake Well-Known Member

I would love to see the "an Encased Void Beast" and the "Pillager's Booty" added to the loyalty merchant.
    Vichane and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Vichane Well-Known Member

Would love to see the champion PvP house deed as a loyalty item!