Wisdom gear on a pally/berserker question

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Ardrek, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Ardrek Member

I think I understand strength and stamina.

if wisdom can't be used by a pally or a berserker then why is there so much gear that has wisdom on it.
    I mean I'm looking at a piece of gear that 6 of the 8 that can wear the item don't even use wisdom.

so what does wisdom and intellect bring to these fighters ?
  2. Morg Well-Known Member

The fighters don't gain anything from wisdom/intellect.
    The wisdom is there for priests that can wear the same type of gear. IE: Plate or Leather Or chain.
    The Intellect is on leather ( i'm assuming ) for mages that can wear leather, I can't confirm this one however.

Also when they did their mass itemization, a lot of pieces were messed up and haven't been fixed yet.
  3. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

From bottonm to top: The mass itemization messed up a lot of pieces that haven't been fixed yet - true

Intellect on Leather is because of this itemization. There are no mages that can wear leather, but druids (leather-wearing priests) used to benefit from intelligence for nuke power. It used to be equally as helpful to wardens as furies because Wardens didn't used to be a melee class.

Wisdom on plate is for priests, but also used to be on plate for Paladins - it's leftover bad itemization revamp.

Fighters only gain from STR/STA anymore. You used to be able to mix and match all the stats to create a character you liked. Now you only have these choices.

Morg is exactly right: If you are running into a piece of armor that says 'Guardian, Berserker, Paladin, Shadowknight" on it, and it has WIS as it's primary stat - it is an overlooked item that wasn't revamped.
  4. Ferk15 New Member

As Arielle said, stats used to be different until a few years ago but below level 80 or so the items didn't get changed over because of how quickly most people go through those levels so there's a lot of left over odd stat combos.

Str used to effect ALL melee abilities
    Wis used to effect ALL healing abilities AND resists
    Dex used to effect avoidance, ranged abilities from scouts and fighters, and hit rate (I believe)
    Int used to effect ALL damaging spell abilities

You can see how this used to be for Crusaders, Bards, and hybrid Healers. They simplified it for all classes so that now only Sta is used by everyone and your archtype's main stat effect everything you do.