WINDOWS FOR THE DIVIDERS PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Lavenderboi, Aug 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Lavenderboi Guest

Greetings! I'm new to the Carpenter profession and am having a blast! I was making some of the dividers for my house and I was thinking how cool it would be, if I could make windows to put on them. Windows with various kinds of curtains ranging in colors and styles, windows with spider webs, broken windows, dirty windows, windows that open outwards, upwards, sideways, etc. I just think that looking from my dining room into the living room would be a nice option. I know I can put pictures and what not on the walls, but it seems a little claustrophobic for my taste. I think these would be hugely popular! Let me know what you think!
  2. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

I think it would be an awful lot of work for the art team if they can manage it at all. Slightly less work would be a "window" that shows a pre-defined "outside" view. Again, might not be possible.
    There are some stainglass windows in T9. You can put them anywhere, but no light effects or any kind of visual through them.
  3. ARCHIVED-KniteShayd Guest

All it would require is simply "cutting out" the middle of a divider skin, by defining the graphics to not show the skin in certain places. The physical model wouldn't have to be re-worked.
    Think of the T1 black sleeves you can craft. they are solid, but the skin was shaded to be invisble and look like it has very minimal cloth.
    But this is a suggestion Domino and the design team can consider in future divider models.
  4. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

Thinking back on my experience with various 3D modeling programs this should be doable. I used to drag and drop windows into solid walls when I was making architectural models in grad school.