Windows 10 problem

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Mikhail Beresnev, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Aniko Member

That's all version directx for win7-10. Try this webupdate. And all directx9-games will work
    Evguenil62 likes this.
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

I'm not going to waste my time continuing to explain to people who have never experienced a problem why the DirectX 11 install on Windows 10 does NOT provide full DirectX 9 compatibility for everyone.

When hundreds of players experience an issue that is SOLVED by putting DirectX 9 runtimes in the EverQuest II directory (I can tell just by looking at download counts) and people try to tell us we are crazy or doing something wrong, that is called gaslighting. And yes, I'm triggered! :p
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Odd. Both EQ and EQ II require DirectX 9. When my Windows 10 computer crashed on Friday, back working so far on Saturday, I installed EQ II on my Win 7 computer.

It installed DirectX 9c on my Win 7 computer.

Oh, the old video card I have wont work. This computer uses a low profile PCIX version 2 card. The older one is a high profile PCIX version 1 card.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Avithax Well-Known Member

I sympathize with your frustrations Feldon, but recently Microsoft has snuck in a TON of bloatware in the web installer mostly having to do with Bing and marketing MS store files. The game does install a clean version of DirX9 when installing but I don't think it's version C. I tried a few times to update it and it has always tried to commandeer many of my browser cookie settings as well as installing a Bing bar on my desktop.

No thanks, I'll stick with the old version!
    Feldon likes this.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

You just responded to a two year old post.
    Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

One which is completely valid in 2019.
    Prox and Snikkety like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

They aren't the only ones. My last job before retirement had strict company rules on what, and was not, allowed to be installed on their computers. We had to select custom for far more programs than we should have simply because some companies just liked to mess with the computer techs.

Well, someone could have paid MS, Java, et al, for such additions, but it just created problems for us.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

@Feldon no confirmation email and nothing on resend. maybe it got hung up somewhere, I'll check my email folders on Monday morning. This is for the New EQ2Wire forums.

I did check inbox, trash, spam, etc. Nothing there.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

I see your account created. Can you shoot me an e-mail at morgan (at) eq2wire.com?
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Sure can. On the way in a couple of minutes.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Email sent.
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

Not quite as valid as it used to be. I copied my files over to this new win10 laptop a couple of months ago and was amazed to see the launcher actually download the 3 missing dx9 files to the install directory. Seems they finally woke up. They still haven't fixed the problem for test server though, so please keep your download available :)
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

@Feldon I can log in, but the streamer at the top constantly tells me my email is not confirmed.
  14. Lejil New Member

so glad I found this!
  15. Jidahous New Member

I know this is a late post to this issue but i am having the same issue with my new computer and I have tried every ones recommendations on fixing the issue and still not working. Any help would be great.
  16. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Rosyposy likes this.