Windows 10 problem

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Mikhail Beresnev, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Mikhail Beresnev New Member

So i wanted to play everquest on my brand new computer which has windows 10 installed...the game downloaded and installed, directX was installed, the game got to the page where it said that it is loading appearances and all and then it crashes....anyone know how to fix this?
  2. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Have you checked drivers for your video card?
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

You need to download and install DirectX 9, not the most current version.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

DirectX 9.0c is the version that EQ2 needs - and it will peacefully coexist with the current version of DirectX. Feldon has it up on EQ2Wire for download: eq2wire.com/files/dx9eq2.zip - this link will not open the website, it just does the download.
    Feldon likes this.
  5. Elinea Well-Known Member

I'm curious if this would solve my mouse glitching issue. I went to download a DX9.0c installer from Microsoft and it tells me that I can't run it under Windows 10. The link to the direct download on EQ2Wire doesn't tell me how to install it (cause I'm a newb that way). How do I install after I unzip that folder?
  6. Shmogre Well-Known Member

For the zip file that Feldon provides (see Prissetta's comment above), you just need to copy the DirectX 9 files into your EverquestII folder, no installation needed.

(Location of the folder may vary depending on your system, but it's the same one that the "EverQuest2.exe" file is in if that helps.)
    Prissetta and The_Real_Wurm like this.
  7. Mikhail Beresnev New Member

mind telling how to access the everquest 2 folder location? can't seem to find it...
  8. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Default location: C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest II
    Shmogre likes this.
  9. Shmogre Well-Known Member

It can be different depending on when you installed it and on what OS. Prissetta gave a default location for it above; a fairly straightforward way to find it is to right-click on the shortcut you use to launch the game and select "Properties". The location should be in the field after "Target:" (the folder itself should be called "EverQuest II").

(If you are using EQ2MAP to launch the game, start it and click on "Options"; the folder location will be listed under "Everquest 2 Installation Folder".)

Hope that helps...
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. Armageddoux Active Member

or .... more simple with Windows 10 : right-clic on the launcher icon and choose (in French) "Ouvrir à l'emplacement du fichier" which in English should be something like "Open Files directory" and starts a Windows Explorer instance exactly where you must copy the files ;)
    Shmogre likes this.
  11. Mikhail Beresnev New Member

ok..so there has been progress, the game is able to get past the first page of caching the appreances and all...but is now crashing at the "creating zone" page, anyone know the problem?
  12. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I'm afraid to ask, but have your checked your video drivers?
  13. Mikhail Beresnev New Member

how do i check my video drivers and what do i need to find in them or what am i supposed to do once i checked them?
  14. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

You PC/laptop should have a graphic card. Try to find out which exactly graphic card do you have. It can be GeForce GT 710 or NVIDIA Quadro or MSI Radeon RX 580 or any other graphic card. Then go to the web-site of this Graphic Card and download and install the latest drivers of your graphic card. For Windows 10.
  15. Mikhail Beresnev New Member

looked up my graphics card and it is said that it is fully updated, here is some info on it if it helps
    Adapter type: Inter(R) HD Graphics 620
    chip type: Inter(R) HD Graphics Family
    DAC Type: Internal
    Adapter String: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
    Bios information: Intel Video BIOS
  16. Sunje Active Member

This is not really a graphics card to play EQ2 with, this low low end.

Maybe the graphics card has some problems with the requirements from EQ2.
  17. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

That's a integrated graphics card which is part of your CPU. Perfect for office and stuff, not really good at all for any 3D games.

Since you said PC, you should be able to put in a decent not too expensive graphic card and be able to play games.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I am running EQ fine with my video chip in my Windows 10, looks like a desktop but it has a laptop power adapter. I haven't had a game problem.

I am reinstalling EQ II today. Mine kept crashing as well, but I think going on the EQ II launcher, selecting advanced tools, and getting that to download all 10 gigs, then play will fix it. I'll know in a few hours. I'm at 24% done.

Also told me at character select, couldn't find my old charactrers, but displays them in character select. Well, they are 3 years old. I was last in here in 2014.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Now I see why I cannot get to my old characters, no Crushbone server listed... argh so to speak.
  20. Svenone Well-Known Member

Check for them on the server called Maj'Dul. I believe that is the server that Crushbone was merged unto. As far as I know, they have not purged any old characters, so your characters should still be there.
    Prissetta and Shmogre like this.