Windows 10 Launch

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Moonpanther, Jul 29, 2015.

1. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Stereotyping or what ? ;). I'm a grandparent, retired, but I do have more 45 years working experience of IT. I know my way around PC's Servers, Networks and more. Stop with the ageism already. :rolleyes:
    Darln, Siren, Seefar and 1 other person like this.
  2. Prayos Well-Known Member

I didn't say ALL grandparents. If you'd read, I said "grandparents who". This eliminates those who know what they are doing.
  3. Katz Well-Known Member

I hated Windows 8 so much that I have already changed to Windows 10 on my laptop. So far I'm very happy with the improved performance.
  4. BlueGrass Member

I hated windows 8 so much I blew it away and put windows 7 on it . And I wont be getting windows 10 on any pc.

Bunch of Bloatware IMO , last windows interface I liked was win2000 .
    I just want a secure plain operating system that will run the programs I want on the machine.
    Siren likes this.
  5. rutro Well-Known Member

Quit using Windows if you don't like it. Invent your own. Until then...get off our lawns.
  6. rutro Well-Known Member

I cannot believe it...it is 2K15...right? People are still worried about an OS...LOL!
    "buy em books, send em to school and what do they do- eat the pages" (Mr. Butler-8th grade shop teacher).
  7. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

8. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

9. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Darln likes this.
  10. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

I run eq2 on Win10 home versions on my pc and my laptop. Both run perfectly fine, probably smoother than before.
    On the laptop though eq2 would not run right after upgrading. Not sure why but I had to re-install DirectX9. After that it worked fine.

I have not tried the pro. I have another PC, mostly used for work purposes which runs Win 7 Ultimate. And for some reason Ultimate is not eligible for any Win10 upgrade. Go figure.
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

Win10 runs dog slow on my formerly-fine-Windows 7 PC (Win 7 Home installed 9 months ago, worked FINE the whole time) with an i7 3.6 Quad/16GB DDR-3/1TB Western Digital 7200/Radeon 7970.

Now with Windows 10 It takes freaking 10-20 seconds to open even a single program; not kidding here. Boy do I regret this; my son was all excited and conned me into it, against my better judgement. The only things that run fine are old programs I had on there previous to Win10 like my Win Essentials mail, lol. Even Firefox in its 2015 crashing, horrible version runs faster than this Win10 Home. Ugh.

Who's idea was this at Microsoft to layer one OS over another? I had the feeling I would regret this.

DOG SLOW. I see a reformat back to Win7 in my future, and soon.
  12. Leloes Well-Known Member

I signed up to upgrade to Windows 10 but I didn't get an email to do so.
  13. Crowder Member

If you are going to blow away the install and go with Windows 7, you should try to do a fresh install of Windows 10. Your problem is not indicative of Windows 10 performance.
    Malleria and s7n7a7k7e like this.
  14. Crowder Member

I think read too much into that and you are the exception. Also don't pretend that you are offended because you know its true.
  15. Eles Well-Known Member

this is a way, lifehacker website has some extra info :p although I don't have any plans to update to that windows. I'm happy with my OSX :p yes yes, i know. I use bootcamp
  16. Lucus Well-Known Member

take a deep breath, everything will be fine. reinstall win 7 (make sure to release the serial number for use before formatting).
    Get your PC back the way you like it. let the other early adopters hit the blue screen of death, application error, delay traps and anything else that may crop up.

Why come across problems you can't search for solutions for online?
    Siren likes this.
  17. s7n7a7k7e Active Member

...So much *facepalm* in this thread.
    Leloes and Anghammarad like this.
  18. Shasta Active Member

If you had Windows

You might already have Windows 10 Pro. I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate, and it ended up Win 10 Pro (thank god because Home doesn't have remote desktop!).

I installed Windows 10 on two high end PCs yesterday, and a Pad today. It's been wonderful, and I (like most experts) highly recommend making the switch as soon as possible. Within 10 minutes I had my Start menu looking very tidy, and devoid of all stores, news, Cortana, or anything except the things I use.
  19. Shasta Active Member

Yes it is, Enterprise is not, Ultimate certainly is eligible.Windows 7 Ulltimate = Windows 10 Pro
  20. Wurm Well-Known Member

Upgraded from WIndows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro yesterday, went without a hitch, EQ2 runs just fine on it. So I'll say I'm happy with it.

*edit* In fact I think the game runs better and looks better using 10 compared to 7, its definitely sharper.