Willow Wood, Starcrest ...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ardathyr, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Ardathyr New Member

Hello everybody,

First, excuse me for my English, It is not my native language. I'll do my best to avoid misunderstanding.

I'm back on this game from a LONG time. Well, the last time I played EQ2 Sony was still in charge. it is a pleasure to recover those old sensations, Quenos and this game logic. But, I am shocked to see that the small cities attached to Quenos are closed. They had there own identities and, for my part Willow Woood was a very nice little place to hangout and having my house. This return to the game was, like going back to my grand parents house, full of memories and stories... I hope I make understandable. Anyway, stoped at the gate of willow Wood, surronded by those halfings wounded was a very sad feeling for me.

Anybody knows why they did closed all those maps ?
    Jinksie and WhysperWynde like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Qeynos and Freeport came under attack from planar beings, as I recall. There are quests available in each city to allow you to try to help stop the invaders.

If you really want to access those zones, you might consider the TLE server, Kaladim. It has the suburbs still available.
  3. Ardathyr New Member

Thank you for your answer Sigrdrifa :)

Siren, Breanna and WhysperWynde like this.
  4. Matik Member

One of smokejumper's many lasting gifts to us
  5. Orionza Active Member

That's nice to know Kaladim still has these zones. I really enjoyed just walking in them from time to time and should make a character there now.

But to the OP, definitely pick up the quests in Qeynos and you'll visit them again. You'll have to fight in them. The storyline is fun and you'll have access to new gear and furniture. I believe once your quest is done in each area though, that zone closes again. But you can also buy homes from at least one of these zones (the hobbit home one) which you can use and decorate.

And welcome back!
    WhysperWynde and Ardathyr like this.
  6. Ardathyr New Member

Absolutly ;)

WhysperWynde likes this.
  7. Ardathyr New Member

Thank you Orionza... I might do that, now I've got caracters in both serveurs :D
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  8. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

One of the old lead producers thought that Qeynos and Freeport as starting towns weren't fun and that new free players would be too stupid to figure out the game if they started there. The game went Free-To-Play at the same time which was the driving motivation.
    Tkia likes this.
  9. Fangrim Active Member

Also 100's of quests gone forever. Before someone comes in and say's 'No they were moved to the city!' 3 were.
    There are around 800 -1000 quests gone permanently that anyone regardless of class could do with betraying. No reason was ever given for this although there was a warning that the city quests would be gone but a huge amount of them are quest drops that for no reason just stopped dropping or clickies that just stopped being clickable, no reason given at all, just happened without warning.
    Matik, SynnikuL and Tkia like this.
  10. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

For now. They'll be gone by this time next year.

BTW, You'll have to be either a gnome, a ratonga, or a scout class if you ever want to revisit Temple Street in Freeport. The Freeport questline doesn't take you back inside there if you're anything else.
  11. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Eh, a new TLE will have manifested by then if Kaladim is dead.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

No they won't. The PvP TL is launching this year, "sooner rather than later" and they're working on it now. :)
    Breanna likes this.
  13. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

So, I've got this wonderful oceanfront property in Colorado that's going up for sale. I'll cut you a deal if you want first stab at it.
    Breanna likes this.