Will You Help With a Malicious Threat?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Ya posted it in another thread and /bug'd it. Not using their stupid 3rd party site. Need to relog and it fixes your regular charm.
  2. Idaho Iksar Active Member

There needs to be more spawn locations other than Enchanted Lands for these critters. For some reason level 100's think they need to wipe out everything over greed/selling the baubles on the broker. Greed seems to have ruined events past events, and not much has changed.

Would be better if the baubles were Heirloom, might reduce some of this greed bullsmurf.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  3. Awkk Well-Known Member

I heard a rumor that something happened to players camping mobs
  4. Idaho Iksar Active Member

They get sent half-way across the zone, but their pets stay behind. Mercs vanish...
    Happened to be standing in the wrong place on a level 26 Channeler and found out the hard way. :p
    Prissetta and Awkk like this.
  5. Awkk Well-Known Member

My 100 got 33,440, my 97 just got 29,792. A 99 rush order gives 29,702. Strings was right, not much more than a rush order, so best to run quest at 97 and maybe grind to 100 while hunting bauble mobs, rather than grind to 100 before the quest, just to get an extra 3738 status. ;3
  6. Awkk Well-Known Member

Just ran it on a lvl 96 and got 28,576 status.
  7. Rainmare Well-Known Member

You're fighting against Lanys because she's as much an enemy to Neriak/Freeport as she is Qeynos/Kelethin. Lanys has tried to kill/usurp Inny in the past, she's had several battles with Firiona Vie, she tried to conquer Antonica once (the Battle of Bloody Kithicor was part of this campaign) Lanys is a pretty aggressive and violent little minx.

this is a little bit of a 'her followers are spreading, and she's creating some kinda new critters' deal, as she has just risen to full Goddess-hood in AoM. and there are some nice house items to be had to the baubles, some magey appearance outfits, things like that.

and this is the first event. there's another one coming that'll prolly tell us a bit more I think next month or so.
  8. Moonlit_Evening Well-Known Member

You can find Primordial Beings in Stonebrunt Highlands and Sundered Frontier. There may well be other mobs in different zones, but so far I have only found in SH and SF, then again that's because I went there.
  9. Awkk Well-Known Member

The wooden looking fae bugs?

Kewl, hope we get more time to hunt for baubles than just one month!
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I sat in one location in Cobalt Scar for an hour or two and killed all the groups of Primordial Malice cultists that respawened every time they were up. I got 100 baubles, then called it a night. It's pretty fast to do.
  11. Meneltel Well-Known Member

You're fighting against Lanys because she's as much an enemy to Neriak/Freeport as she is Qeynos/Kelethin. Lanys has tried to kill/usurp Inny in the past, she's had several battles with Firiona Vie, she tried to conquer Antonica once (the Battle of Bloody Kithicor was part of this campaign) Lanys is a pretty aggressive and violent little minx.

this is a little bit of a 'her followers are spreading, and she's creating some kinda new critters' deal, as she has just risen to full Goddess-hood in AoM. and there are some nice house items to be had to the baubles, some magey appearance outfits, things like that.

and this is the first event. there's another one coming that'll prolly tell us a bit more I think next month or so.
    Rainmare, Yesterday at 12:42 PM Report

So I would help her versus Neriak/Freeport. I hate the Queen of Neriak and would prefer to support the Thexians, feeling the Queen is a prime candidate to be the guest of honor at a sacrificial offering to Innoruuk or Lanys, after all. Thinking she is a goddess because she perverted some bugs into being evil and taught to worship her. As for Freeport? Its filled with humans and other lesser beings. They should be taught their place in the world, as our minions. If you treat them like equals, you will encourage them to THINK they are your equals. So I will follow Lanys. I honor Father Innoruuk, but I don't accept Him as the deity I follow. I am saving that for Lanys.

However, others may oppose Her Envyness, but I... envy Lanys and will strive to help Her anyway I can.
    Juraiya and Belenos like this.
  12. Awkk Well-Known Member

Didnt you get ported for camping?
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Well, no, because I wasn't sitting on a spawn spot. I backed up to a nearby cliff wall and sat there until I saw the guys start to respawn. Then I ran around the several groups and killed them, then sat, etc.

I had about enough time to play a hand of gin rummy on my phone in-between pops.
    Awkk and Belenos like this.
  14. Poisonhawk Active Member

Just a little better than nothing on this merchant...Bummer. How bout new trade crafter specific recipes or for our researchers? I have them researching stuff they can never make or need just out of boredom.
  15. Awkk Well-Known Member

Here's a good idea for a recipe, how about a recipe for an item, that when used, would reduce the number of rares required, for the 100 level master crafted items. To go from 1 rare needed for each item, to 5-7 rares needed for each item, was an outrageous jump. No matter how good they are, bet most people didn't even bother to make them. Let us research and craft a consumable item, made only with common harvests, but maybe with 200 common harvests, that would let us make the gear with 2 or at most, 3 rares. Or maybe we could buy that recipe with primordial baubles. :)
    Juraiya likes this.
  16. Poisonhawk Active Member

If you can't have a dye system because they never wanted one and now it would take moving heaven and earth to make that happen; why not when crafting have the choice to make it red, blue, white, yellow etc. etc. or is that the same thing? I want to make Xiocite armor but I don't want blue I want black!!!! Researchers that research new color armors of the existing armor that is already out there or new appearance armor of all classes etc. etc. Sorry, yes I'm that bored with the game I'm here asking for new stuff to research........
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr and Juraiya like this.
  17. lladeehawke New Member

Found my 3 group bonanza in Isle of Mara and earned heaps of baubles. No mentoring down, just used smallest hitting aggro skill which killed the targeted SK and brought the other 2 to me. IF I had to use 2 "hits" to take out the group, I always got the chest and I am a lvl 100 in the 60+ zone, but if I used the AOE spell first and killed them all at once, no chest.
  18. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

An interesting suggestion.
    However, I have noticed, in that I did mentor down to 70 in Loping Plains, three sets of beasties within range of my bow.
    They randomly provide small chests, with Area of Effect, Target Encounter, and singular pulls.
    Though I must note that Target Encounter does seem to render more frequently chests then does AoE, but that is not a standard, as the opposite occurs too, hence my "random" statement.

Does anyone know if the Bauble merchant(s) will remain after this "event" ends on the 16th of September or continues into the next "event" or remains perpetually?
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If the cultists con to you, sometimes they also drop treasured boxes with adept spells, tradeskill recipes and the like. This makes me wonder if, once in a blue moon, one might not drop even bigger chests.
  20. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Sigrdrifa:

indeed they do, appropriate for the level/area one is in,...