Will You Help With a Malicious Threat?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Strings Well-Known Member

And apparently it's only for all access? Or requires AoM? I made a free to play account (and bought mercenaries for it before people accuse me of not supporting the game), and can't get the quest on toons on that account.
  2. Phano Member

Level specific to start, perhaps? IDK, I have an F2P account (no AOM) that has engaged in the quest and is now gathering baubles.
  3. Strings Well-Known Member

Was level 19, I got her to level 20 to try again, and nothing, lady had no feather and wouldn't talk to me. On my paid account (with AoM) even my little level 10 could get the quest.

I suppose it's not that important, from what I gather (since there's no documentation I can find) you just do the small quest then gather baubles for house items... and that's it. Nothing earth shattering.
  4. Armageddoux Active Member

5. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

The quest is not level specific, nor is it specific to either F2P or All Access (All Access just gets double baubles when they drop). It will not be on TLE as those servers or not to that point expansion wise. As for the requirement to have a certain expansion set on the normal servers, that I am not sure of.

The quest (good or evil) is doable at a low level with care, is not particularly hard once you understand where to go, and you get level appropriate status and some lore information for doing them. Completing the quest then allows you to hunt the mobs that drop the baubles. EQ2Furniture and EQ2Traders both have screenies of these.

There is a write up on Wiki under the quest names by Sigfrieda, my own guide is at the Raven-Mythic site.
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

anyone can do it. my f2p account did it. nor sure why yours can't. usually if it is a game event and started in the newbie zones anyone can do it.

check your journal (press J) and make sure it isn't full or that you don't already have the quest.

also i am assuming you are in the right area for your faction. i often play a new toon from greater fay in darklight wood for the fun of it. so check your faction too.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

status points. it is all about status points and then being able to buy house items that are no longer available in the game.
    Juraiya likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Kaitheel told us in the testing thread how many zones hold cultists, and that they do not occur in Ethernere. The cultists must simply con to you because the baubles are dropped in small chests, the cultists don't have to be your level, just within 10 levels.

Given his numbers of zones, I will put on my Carnac the Magnificent turban and suggest my best guess for what zones (in parens):
    • Level 5: 2 zones (almost certainly Greater Faydark and Darklight Woods)
    • Level 15: 4 zones (probably GFay, DLW, Antonica, and Commonlands)
    • Level 25: 1 zone (I'm guessing Nektulos Forest)
    • Level 35: 1 zone (Enchanted Lands)
    • Level 45: 2 zones (probably Everfrost and Lavastorm)
    • Level 55: 4 zones (hard choice, I predict Sinking Sands, Lesser Faydark, Tenebrous Tangle, and Mara)
    • Level 65: 3 zones (probably Barren Sky, Bonemire, and Loping Plains)
    • Level 75: 3 zones (another hard choice, maybe Kunzar Jungle, Jarsath Wastes, and Moors of Ykesha)
    • Level 85: 3 zones (probably Stonebrunt Highlands, Great Divide, and Eastern Wastes)
    • Level 95: 5 zones (There are only five non-Ethernere zones at this level, Withered Lands, Cobalt Scar, Vesspyr Isles, Tranquil Sea, Phantom Sea)
    I can verify Enchanted Lands, Cobalt Scar, and Tranquil Sea.
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. Phano Member

Is your level 20 speaking to the correct NPC? Good characters speak to Miriel Tawnyglade in Kelethin and evil characters speak to Virun in Darklight Wood.
  10. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

My friend and I had no trouble finding the mobs in Phantom Sea... in fact we identified 4 or 5 areas where they respawned and just kept rotating among them. Not only do all-access get double baubles, but when you are grouped, each groupie gets the baubles... we got 50 last night.
  11. Desper Member

What are the rewards only house items and where is the vendor?
  12. Strings Well-Known Member

Ummmm.... (suddenly can't remember if Stringstheory is good or evil >.> )
  13. suka Well-Known Member

life is too short to sweat small stuff. i was in one area all morning, then someone decided they wanted the area so they began to compete with me for the few mobs that popped there. so i mentored to 90, went off looking for a different area. found one where five groups pop repeatedly and very little flying to get to them. sweet.
    if someone comes to give you competition on your camp, just go to another zone and fly around with tracking on until you find your area.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

not sure on neriak but in kelethin look for him right outside the house of the arcane near some fae crates
  15. Eeevaa Member

im not sure if anybody else noticed, but the reuse from the sigil of the swarm bauble is affecting other charms that have sustained click abilities, for instance the vigor charm can now be recast in 20 hours because i tested to see what the sigil of the swarm does. GG
  16. Awkk Well-Known Member

How much status do you get if you do it at 97?
  17. Strings Well-Known Member

My level 100 got like 22K. 23 maybe. Less than a tradeskill rush order. I'm only going to do it on one toon for the house items.

Edit: Wow, I really am a crankypants today, sorry.
  18. Awkk Well-Known Member

At lvl 100, you get 33,440 status for the quest. Just wondering how much status it would give if a toon was 97. Is it worth it to grind up to 100 before doing the quest.
  19. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

My level 98 got around 22k, my 100 got a smidge over 33k.
    Awkk likes this.
  20. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I want to HELP Lanys and her supporters, not fight against them! Is there a compelling reason to do this quest? Other wise I will drop it faster than I would a cute high elf male off a cliff in Lavastorm. And that is fast, trust me!
    Belenos likes this.