Will wisdom affect heals for priests in destiny of velious?

Discussion in 'General Priest Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo, Feb 19, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

To this date, wisdom does not, nor has it ever done absolutely anything at all for priests heals. Stregnth affects fighter's heals, int affects mages heals, agi affects scouts heals, so what possible explaination is there for why wisdom does not affect priests heals?
    It's not exactly like heals are anywhere near as blown up as dps is or in such a rediculously over abundance that it would break the game if wisdom DID affect healing output, and honestly the complete and pure lack of a single item that really affects heals at all below about level 70 creates a huge lack of functionality for the healers that are leveling up. Their heals are only being improved by crit and are not scaling in any other shape or form until you get potency, crit bonus, and more than 10 ability modifier per item, which starts happening at earliest in TSO heroic and raid content and SF level 85+.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lamatu Guest

Yeah it sucks about wisdom. When everyone has the new gear and 40k hp's on mages and more on tanks the heals will seem low.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Not really considering the crazy amounts of crit bonus and potency on new gear...
  4. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

Elhonna@Blackburrow wrote:
    Thats just it. The only reason possible is because of the top level gear. Lower tiers that do not have access to that gear are getting punished hard by the system. For a healer thats leveling up, there is absolutely no benefit at all to their heals in wearing level 10 mastercrafted or level 50 mastercrafted at level 50, and really theres so little benefit healing wise to switch to anything other than straight to brelium. You get dps, you get health, you get power, but you get 0 healing benefit, and as a healer, healing is what you do. While leveling up an alt healer, I found myself saying "just put more stregnth on the tank to boost their group heal. Thats the best way to increase our group's healing output since mine are unable to be modified at this level." Thats just plain wrong.

I don't care about my cap level healers getting more hps. I care more so about the fact that there is a huge discrepency and for a vast portion of the levels in this game it negatively affects certain classes alot more. When you're at lower levels and your forming a group, why do you bring a healer? To heal. God knows their dps is pretty bad even with good gear and good spell quality. There are a number of lower tier zones you need a second healer in because one just cannot physically push enough raw numbers even with master heals and a well geared tank. Either you get a second healer, or you get a paladin to heal or get a shadowknight/paladin/zerker to tank because they self heal for as much or more as a healer can.
    I don't care about the fact that those fighters can heal, and I don't care that some mages and scouts can heal, because it adds flavor to the game. I care that everyone elses heals are able to be boosted while the one class that is made purely to heal cannot modify those heals by the same means that literally everyone else can, and I care especially since as it stands they are borderline insufficient for half of the lower tier heroic content.
  5. ARCHIVED-Yure Guest

Check the broker for gear with + abliltiy mod on it.
    Also crit chance start to appear on non BG items I think in the 40s.
  6. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

+10 ability modifier is almost exclusively whats on the gear up to level 50 at treasured level, and legendary is +10 (largely) with occasional +15 and +20. There are an extremely few cases of 2 handers with +35 and a fabled piece here and there with +25 but otherwise there is no reason to upgrade anything until level 60+ because it's all literally the same stuff for about 30 levels. There is a total of 22 non-BG/frostfell faction items across all slots and classes below level 50 that physically exist with crit on it counting those for all classes including those that can't be used by healers. Destiny of velious is going to remove any reason I would even want wisdom other than simply for a larger power pool since priest dps is horrible anyway, and the fact that agility doesn't even give avoidance anymore means I'm going to have to heal even more of my growing and scaling health pool with my non-scaling heals.

Basically, healers can BG to buy the PVP gear that is better for adventuring than the gear you can get through adventuring, or get another healer/ have a non-healer supplement their heals. This statement is where my issue is. There is really no other class type that has any real deficiencies that negatively affect game play in the lower levels other than healers. Also, the healers can be outright out healed by fighters. This is true in all the levels and content spare TSO raid and SF raid.
    I don't care that the fighters CAN heal, I care that they can and frequently are BETTER than healers; the class that physically was made to heal. I appreciate other classes being able to heal and the added versatility and possibilities that offers, and I don't want to see the game a live or die because the healer alone is the only one that can heal. I do want to see a day where the healer actually is "needed" because the healers are the ones that can physically push more heals than anyone else at any level and are being brought to provide all of the healing needs rather than how it currently is where you bring a healer for what the tank can't heal themselves through.
    It's the exact same as if in a non-scripted fight a healer was a better choice for dps than a pure dps mage was because they physically could do more dps. Or in a non-scripted fight if a scout was a better choice for a tank than a fighter because they could physically take more hits. Those "issues" got "fixed" (even if there are MT tanks regularly topping the dps parse, 2 out of 3 is a start). The reason they called the stat a "primary stat" is because you were supposed to want that stat more than other stats. For a healer, their primary stat simply means more power, more spell resists and thus more survivability, and a little more dps to their already largely trivial amount of dps.
    A healer that wishes to heal is being punished by the design of system because the entire driving force behind the current system was "MOAR de pe es fur evary1 in teh gaim!!!1". The change in stats to make class specific gear more "desireable" to the class intended to wear it actually does not in fact make healers wish to wear healer gear any more than they did before because it is 100% about the blue stats and procs since absolutely nothing else makes a significant difference in performing your job as a healer. That is why you would see healers that didn't care if the primary stat was wisdom, but rather if it provided the bonuses they needed and was wearable.
    The itemization in DoV is pushing even more towards the primary stat being a big deal especially with +power and +health going away. Most players not in ideal gear at lower levels will probably lose hp and power, but odds are the fighters have str/sta/agi gear (MC gear) and that will likely cause their HP pool to increase. Thats all fine and well except the healers heals are not going to increase at all since potency, crit bonus, and what have you is not available at those levels and their primary stat does nothing to their heals. These changes are going to hurt healers that don't have good gear by that much more since their heals are effectively not able to scale where as the rest of the game is being made to scale.

In Summary:
    I'm simply asking for equal benefit from the stat that I'm supposed to want. I'm asking for a reason to want wisdom other than "it gives you more power that you may or may not need and makes your dps suck a few points less than abysmally." If you can't even keep your tank up because your mastered heals physically can't push enough HPS to meet the dps mobs are putting out, whats it matter if you have more power? You're just going to die before you can use all your power anyway, and the answer of "help make it dead before it makes you dead" is not acceptable for a class that is supposed to be re-actively and pro-actively keeping people alive.
    The game is being pushed towards you only wanting your primary stat and everything scaling based on your primary stat, so the fact that priests gain no performance improvement from their primary stat is in fact a problem that does need to be addressed. That really is not asking for a lot.
  7. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

Healer are the red head child of the devs, they are not even mentionned in their plan for Velious. Yes wisdom should affect our heals since str affect tank dps, and inte wizzie dps.
    Currently pre 80 there is almost no way to improve your healing potential (exept AAs and here nad there some ability mod).
  8. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

Mark my words, by the end of DoV at this rate, a healer will be optional for everything except raids. I already heal very little for anything other than the poorly geared players and the named fights, and thats only because group members don't have the gear quality to eat the damage and shrug it off which inevitably happens by the end of each expansion.
    Every expansion ends with heal parses being far lower and the general deadlyness of mobs being far lower, but I'm already seeing lots of fights where healers don't even need to be there. Given the option between dropping the healer in favor of more dps to make the mobs more dead faster or taking a healer along incase you don't have enough dps to dead the mob faster than it can dead you, it's very simple to see which is going to be picked the large portion of the time.