Will Velious be offered Free in EQ2X?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Blabber, Jan 8, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Blabber Guest

Is this in the future?
  2. ARCHIVED-Jrral Guest

EQ2X doesn't exist anymore, but yes I expect when the next major content expansion comes out (probably involving a level-cap increase) we'll see everyone flagged for DoV.
  3. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Hi,
    afaik, the next content comes out in February as a GU.
    Regards, theriatis.
  4. ARCHIVED-Banedon_Toran Guest

The next year will see more DoV content added, that particular expansion isn't finished yet. As such, I doubt we will see DoV included as part of base (free) content until 2013 at the earliest. Hence (in part) the reason why AoD didn't include all previous expansions.
  5. ARCHIVED-Jrral Guest

theriatis wrote:
    AoD was the last expansion (labelled as such by SoE). The content coming out in February (hopefully) is the second half of DoV, and probably won't includ a level-cap raise. This summer we'll get the Qeynos revamp, also not an expansion. I expect the Velious-based zones (Velious itself, Drunder and the Plane of War) to continue to be the current end-game content in which case they won't be on the auto-flag list (you'll need to buy DoV to get them).
    By the schedule the next expansion would be due out in fall of 2012. But there's a lot of content already in the development and debugging pipeline, so I don't expect new non-Velious-based content to be released before winter 2012. If they decide the next major new set of content will include a level-cap raise, I expect it no earlier than 2Q 2013. But I doubt we'll see a level-cap raise then. I'm thinking the next new content will be T9, rather than introducing T10 and the major new continents and solo questlines required for it.
  6. ARCHIVED-Nrgy Guest

Further tinfoil hat projections would include ...
    1. DOV 2.0 will be Feb/March/April 2012 and will not auto-flag accounts w/o DOV 1.0
    2. GU xx Qyenos revamp plus Summer 2012
    3. Feature Expansion #2 will be next winter (2012) and be a fully charged expansion with some new gimik to force purchase
      1. maybe a complete AA revamp with ~50 all new AA for chatacter enhancement
      2. maybe a new class ... why not we're doing the ground work now.
      3. maybe some type of Mythical or Epic upgrade
      4. maybe some form of land building feature
    4. DOV 3.0 Feb/Mar/Apr 2013 and will not auto-flag accounts w/o DOV 1.0
    5. Feature Expansion #3 LEVEL-CAP raise to ~95 with new spells for 26 classes and new land mass.
    So, I see no reason to not plan on purchasing DOV. After all, it is only 20 bucks w/o any discounts at all and as low as $6.67 depending on when you buy your SC. Not sure why anyone would bother logging in for 3 and a half years and not pony up the 6 bucks. I understand F2P and Silver/Bronze accounts makes for free game play, but 6 bucks spread out over 3+ years seems pretty darn close to free as it is.
  7. ARCHIVED-Blabber Guest

Nrgy wrote:
    LOL, that's what I call 'perspective'. You are right on the money, thanks for your posting.