Will the beatings from Dev's ever end?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Arcrival, Oct 6, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Jake_The_Lettuce Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    and when rampage owned
  2. ARCHIVED-Necodemus Guest

What we need is utilities, and I don't mean only aggro tools when saying this. ( ie : an ability to be immune to crowd control )
    And for now our EoF AA tree is a pure joke.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kiyalin Guest

I'm not raiding top end so I don't feel like a 3rd arm yet compared to guardians, but I'm hopeful that RoK will do more to boost our DPS above them. On the other hand I have heard some feedback on other forums for folks who are in beta, and things may be grim. Guess we are going to have to wait a month to see where we end up.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zeuhl27 Guest

Darkhain@Venekor wrote:
    I agree. Personally would love to see something like immunity to stun/stifle or mez when berserk. I mean seriously I'm a rampaging beast that ignores being hit when I'm berserk, but I can get smacked and be stunned?
  5. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

we get gut roar, which works on about 2% of the mobs in the game... lol
  6. ARCHIVED-Zeuhl27 Guest

7. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

i even tried it on the mobs in the new SoF instance, what in the hell were they thinking? or maybe: what the hell was i thinking taking the ability and thinking it might possibly be useful?
    i've truly given up hoping and just try to be oblivious to the changes and just do what i can to adapt even when i see other classes getting/having abilities that really make me wonder what real abilities i should have instead of the pure and utter crap our trees give us.
    i truly believe there is no dev out there who has actually played a zerker for any amount of time with the recent patches to notice our lack of attention.

i hate continuing on with this bitshfest as much as anyone but when you talk to other classes and see what they have to offer you start to get the glass is half empty approach to most things.
  8. ARCHIVED-hakedu Guest

is gut roar really that useless now ? i tested it some time ago, and it worked on most mobs. usually it blocked some crap spell, but at least it blocked something.
  9. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

pretty much, it is seemingly useless on most trash non epic mobs and utterly and completely useless on any EoF epic fight.
  10. ARCHIVED-armus550 Guest

I've heard of the new lvl80 spells and zerkers seem to do better in that than guards. It seems the new AAs would give zerkers a chance to add their increased tanking skills while it gives guards the ability to add to their dps skills.
  11. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

hearing that makes me sad if it is true, because knowing SoE they will totally botch it and we will be even further down the food chain.
  12. ARCHIVED-ZerkerDwarf Guest

Once more I vote for immunity to stiffle, stun, root, fear and charm while in berserk mode.
  13. ARCHIVED-DasanW Guest

armus550 wrote:
    Not sure of the new spells/CA's, and I am holding hope for them, but the AA's seem to provide us with very little benefit while giving Guardians a lot more via DPS. Zerkers already have the AOE ability with CA's in openwounds, Bezerker Onslaught, Bloodbath etc... while Guardians have one and then add the AGI line, whereas a zerker does not gain the survialability or agro 'snap', or tanking skill, that a guardian does with any choice.
    Again, maybe we will gain some tanking abilities with the new 70-80 CA's but from what I have heard, I dont think holding our breath is a good idea.
  14. ARCHIVED-Zeuhl27 Guest

ZerkerDwarf wrote:
    QFE
  15. ARCHIVED-Dimglow Guest

ZerkerDwarf wrote:
    Overpowered.
    Change it so that when we immune the ability it consumes our berserk and attach it to the end of the Perseverance or Bulking tree and you're talking.

IE berserker procs berserk, enemy attempts to stun, berserk wears off, stun has no effect. Next CC that lands will effect the berserker if they don't regain berserking status.

Edit: Also it makes more sense that we get "stunned" out of our Berserker rage, and taken down a notch to normal. Powerful stun makes us shake the cobwebs out, and breaks the madness for a moment, then we either get hit again and truly dazed, or we build back our momentum into a frenzy again.
  16. ARCHIVED-Zeuhl27 Guest

I think you're on to something there Kemt. Breaking our berserk and not getting stunned on the first hit seems a little more reasonable and with the clicky berserk this shouldn't be a problem to counteract.
    -edited for spelling
  17. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

if i were to ask for any single thing to be changed with our class it would be to fix the range enahncement AA in conjunction with insolent gibe. i find with cyclones it makes gibe almost completely unusable, without cyclones then your AE attacks do not hit everything in range unless you pack the mobs in tight.
  18. ARCHIVED-pal4266124 Guest

Kemt@Venekor wrote:
    yeah, that's a cool idea. it fits fine in both berserkers "image" and his actual role in most raids (OT).
  19. ARCHIVED-Ashefire Guest

Very cool idea Kemt.