Will the beatings from Dev's ever end?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Arcrival, Oct 6, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Arcrival Guest

Grant it I don't do a lot of posts and I try to keep up on the info which life has not permitted to much of between work/officer/raids. I do have my own forums to troll as well. To the point Zerkers have been beat by the bat since the beginning. We got shafted on some AA lines got our dps lowered and yet I haven't seen a ray of sunshine yet. Yes we can still churn some dps and now our guardian counterparts are upped and they can do some as well. I don't necessarily have a gripe w/ their improvements but I have a gripe of our lack of.
    I think its great that classes are getting improved I would just like to see the wealth spread out some. We have no moderate or an ability to raise our raw threat priority and I am not asking for it either. Wouldn't it be fair to say we are a due a little boost in the aggro department? I mean besides just Berate, outrage and violent pledge? (gibe is situational cant always use it). You know to put us up there w/ the others Paly amends is sick, SK have grp hate steal and Death March our Guardians got the goodies. I would like to see an improvement in our tanking role. Yes I am aware of our dps and how it adds to our aggro, but in reality they are quickly closing the gap there yet not improving our other roles.
    Our aa's are pretty craptastic IMO not to mention some of our Ca's are outdated comparatively speaking. The roar and rage lines used to be better providing you remember this game at launch or pre DOF perhaps. I would like to see more conversation regarding our pitfalls and where we really want our improvements to be.
    I personally would like to see a grp mitigation buff or one that buffs effectiveness of worn armor. This isn't to crazy IMO it would be the flip side of the coin to the guardians grp defense buff. Another idea would be add base stamina increase to our combative rage or perhaps attack rating increase or agility to roar. Guards can increase threat position and moderate another give us something similar but maybe script it to where its an attack proc buff that steals hate etc.
    What I am looking at is if they are going to balance the fighters then do it if not then draw the lines as it stands now we are becoming the red headed stepchild getting left behind. Though I still think Zerkers kick butt and wouldn't change my profession
  2. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

i somewhat agree with a few points, i will first note we do have resistance to worn armor and group mitigation buffs if you look a little harder.
    if you want to blame anyone, blame it on the zerkers who wanted to be more like guards and the guards who wanted to be more like zerks. every patch our 2 classes are brought closer together because so many people whined and complained. zerks have always been second rate in many peoples eyes because too many zerkers focus more on DPS and less on keeping themselves alive when they pull aggro. if you want to prove that zerks are just as good of a tank then go out of your way to make a group and run some instances with the public to show them just what we can do or form some KoS pickup raids, i still hear it a bit: "i never knew zerks could tank that well" and that was from my first time tanking any EoF zone which was in Emerald Halls.
    just wait and see what happens when Kunark comes out, maybe we will all be surprised that they spread things out a little more since Zerkers are the most basic of tanks yet they bring Guardians closer to our aggro management level every patch. which brings me up to the other point i wanted to make, since when were giardians better at holding aggro than zerkers?
  3. ARCHIVED-Arcrival Guest

Oh no doubt our couragous will gives ups to your effective to worn armor and then short duration mit and avoid from mayhem, wall, and subdued rage. I was refering more to the fact that goes w/ your statemnet where they have brought others to our level of dps. Which was unique to the Berserker lack of taunts and threat increaseswere compensated w/ damage and utility wise incr attk ratings for others in the grp w/ chance to go berserk for others.
    As far as tanking goes I am all for the Zerkers our ability to hold multi encounters and pick up adds in a raid or grp situation is unsurpased especially if you set your self up for it. I tank EOF raids and set up the tank to fit the situation and love tanking.
    Guess to word it a little better is the thing that set us apart is now being shaded. AA's came out Berserkers and raiders (not to include my guild I have been MT for a while) have focused and spent alot of time focusing on the dps aspect. The Dev's from what I see have focused on bringing the other fighters closer to our ability to inflict dps and tank. Which I can see where they may be trying to make it to where more fighters can be accepted on a raid heck who knows what they are thinking. From my view I am looking at a trend where we are put on the back burner and we should be voicing the changes for our class or improvments we might want to see. If not then we wont be in-line with the other classes. We are warriors we have the ability to dish out damage and take the hits but with the current changes it looks like we have been left out of the loop and will lose our competitive edge if this trend continues.
    Guess the short of it is does anyone out there have a similar concern and what would be some logical improvments to our class. Nothing to say totaly knock the scale over but things that have been neglected and should be brought up for review or readjusted.
  4. ARCHIVED-ChopStix Guest

ok i've posted a topic a few days ago called beserkers of late.. it was a hot topic for several days, and alot of people have agreed,and alot had the same gripes that i had...

i have a paladin, that was a very weak tank last year, so i mothballed him and rolled a zerker to 70, and the zerker around 6 months ago was a tough tank, had alot of dps could take damage and just rocked as a tank pretty much kos fully fabled , my pally is eof legendary and firebrand, my paladin has gotten very strong the last couple of months, dps being bumped up on the paladins by alot and theyve also have had an avoidance boost also.. paladins have and are becoming very viable tanks, especially since zerkers have been hit with this ninja nerf bat...

here within the last 3 months, it seems soe has been trying to adjust these tank class's to even them up.. and i can tell you paladins and guardians have gotten alot stronger , and beserkers have gotten weaker [dps falling off, and this lessening aggro control, and i think more spike damage].. the biggest thing i see is our double attack was nerfed, and guardians can get 10% back from aa's and we can not get any back through aa's, and then it stems farther into, why does soe give beserkers these crap aa's, and guardians get alot of dps additives to their aa's..... we have 2 very well equipped guardians in our guild, and they are doing pretty well on the parses, and they can also take a crapload of damage... one is buckler specced and he parses right there with me, in the past a guardian couldnt come close to me on a parse, but not now..
    as i see it, guardians are the best tanks hands down right now!!!! and seriously, paladins and beserkers are so close it isnt even funny now.....
    i can control aggro better with my paladin than i can with my beserker now... its almost sickening, but i can amends a swashy with my pally, and auto attack and hold rock solid aggro, to when i swap in the zerker i have to work my *** off to push enough dps to hold aggro now with my beserker, is it me being lazy? no!! because in the past ,[6months ago] i could hold aggro better with my beserker than i could with my paladin...
  5. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

Very interesting post! I just would like to say that it is nice to see that the other plates are getting stronger and hope that nothing gets nerfed on them. However I do agree that my zerk has fallen off in his tanking. Not in a sense of not being able to take the hits, just keeping that aggro locked on me is more difficult. I have a great friend who plays a pally and he says with amends/atonment on the correct group member makes holding aggro a piece of cake. Guards have great ca's to compensate for lost aggro, however I do not want the same have ca's similar to the guard or pally. I just want my zerker to a berserker, ripping arms off mobs, headbutting the mobs in throat, just being an unbridled release of aggression on the mob(s) I am facing. This is the way I see a berserker, mean, aggressive, fearless, and a catastrophe to all that oppose them.
    As of now I feel zerks are less than half of that, but that is just the way I feel a berserker should be. They say that berserkers hold aggro with dps? My question is if that is true then zerks will loose everytime, because the true dps classes just flat out shine us in that department. Am I wrong on that? Like I said I just feel that berserkers are not truely what they have been made out to be. I really like the berserkers and will never betray like some of my fellow friends have done. However just a note on the gibe, everytime I have used gibe I have lost aggro! I think something is wrong with that, and don't intend on using it anymore.
    Anyway I do know that berserkers do need some attention, especially in our berserker tree aa. Here is another thing that I find annoying, "well you need better equipment in order to hold aggro!" I have heard that to many times and my problem with that is.....a pally doesn't need legendary/fabled gear to hold aggro nor does a guard or possibly sk's as well. They have combat abilities and aa's to help them with aggro control, and yes if they have adept III's or masters in these arts just makes it all the better. What do we have? Am I wrong here as well?
    I am cool with the concept of "well zerks hold aggro with dps", but I just don't feel that berserkers are putting out the dps they need to be truely called berserkers. Ok well we do get an aa that allows us to go berserk for 10 secs! Also a possible chance to increase attack speed and dps. So we are bersekers for 10secs and possibly longer if triggered. I my eyes we should be able to be berserk all the time not just 10 seconds! If I have the wrong perception of what a zerker is/should be please correct me! Thanks for your time. I do feel that berserkers will truely be berserkers that is why I will not betray.
  6. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Aull wrote:
    How much do you suppose this is from the aggro transfer nerf a couple months back?
  7. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

You have a great point here to discuss. This has a great deal to do with the loss of aggro to any tank, but other tanks have abilities that help with aggro loss, we don't. To my knowledge a nerf on the aggro transfer was made and also the warrior tree aa's took a hit in the double attack being 76% at max to now 60%. The way I see this the dps classes didn't get a nerf to there dps (and I am not saying they need to be nerfed in the dps) but we zerkers for the most part got a nerf in our dps either intentional or not. That to me alone accounts for some hard work at least on my zerkers part to keep the aggro. If the dps classes wouldn't be so careless I guess that wouldn't pose a problem, but it does by the nerf on their aggro transfers they are still unleashing a huge amount of damage so quick that do not take into consideration the loss from the nerf will be a factor in the tank loosing aggro.
    Now some may disagree in that their berserker has no big issues holding aggro because they are mastered in most ca's, and have the best fabled equipment the game has to offer. For me I am still working on obtaining such desired equipment and it takes time getting that. My concern is for the people who play that don't have this equipment at there disposal to help them with this issue. Let me ask this what really defines a class? The equipment or the fact that they are a guardian, berserker, paladin, sk, ect......
    I understand that the better the equipment the better it helps the class to do what the class is designed to do. I have seen guardians and paladins in lesser gear do their job effectively because they have combat abilities that assist them in doing so. For a berserker the way I have been told and read many times in the forums is that they hold aggro by "shear damage output". That is way berserker should be but right now I think berserkers are lacking somewhat. There are guardians that have equal or slightly higher dps than some bersekers. I just feel that for me a berserker should be a BERSERKER! I know I have said that before, but really what are we known for that stands out compaired to the other fighters now that other fighters (plate classes) are equaling or out damaging berserkers?
    What do you think of when a warden is invited to your group? Great fast heals? What about an assassin or a warlock? Massive damage? When I am playing an alt and talking to others about tanks all I get is zerks are ok, but guards are the best. I have no problem with guards being the best because that is what their class is designed to do is guard. Why are berserkers just seen as OK? Oh well I am rambling now. Thanks again everyone.....I enjoy your input and time.
  8. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Holy moly, paragraphs please! I'm not about to read that block of text without some structure!
  9. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

Yes, forgive me. I was not thinking of that.
  10. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

lets boil this down and simplify it somewhat:

1) guardians were created as a defensive oriented tank class with more mitigation and stamina pool(health)
    2) zerkers were created as a offensive oriented tank class with more strength and AoE attacks

take those 2 main points and shrink them down to the compilation of the current classes we have now, where the Zerkers AoE focus has shrunk and our DPS normalized with the other tank classes. now think about Guardians, they still keep their stamina and mitigation and are closely on par with Zerks for DPS. now Zerks lose their DPS with the small but consistent nerfs and gain nothing, that is my whole gripe with the nerfs. yes zerks still are at the top of the food chain for DPS, but if you equip a guard equally with someone who knows how to DPS then they can hang very close to zerks, pallies and SKs still don't quite compete since they have siphons/healswhich offsets their DPS some.
    what would i ask for? probably a little boost back up in our DPS for low end raiders where the difference is more averaged out where for top tier raiders it is a little more noticable. that or punt us some [I cannot control my vocabulary] skills since we have nothing other than to try and kill stuff with our bare hands.. escaping death's door is great and i love it but it is hardly a great raiding attribute IMO. AoE enhancement is great as well aside for the fact that Insolent Gibe pulls mobs from 3 time zones away..
    without a dirge in the group i feel pretty useless in DPS mode(pushing maybe 1500DPS in bursts and 900-1000 zonewide DPS with legendary soulfire gladius as main weapon) with pallies and SKs not very far behind and pulling ahead at times with burst DPS. looking at the EoF gear it is easy to understand why so many of the end gear raiders have no gripe with our class because the DPS is picked up with haste procs, DPS procs, damage procs, double attack from set bonus, crit gear, DR strength stats and CA reuse reductions of which most casual raiders will not see anytime soon. (i know this very important paragraph will be completely ignored though as usual)
    if you want the devs to take you seriously then make it simple, state the facts and don't ask the impossible.
  11. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Lyger@Mistmoore wrote:
    uh... what
  12. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

guards temp buffs are a little beefier than ours are and they tossed in the bone with tower of stone to absorb a few hits as well.
    our mayhem adds 653 vs S/P and 813 vs Crushing, guards are closer to 800 S/P and 1000 vs Crushing
    wall of ferocity ours adds 1104 to all, guards is ~1300 to all
    again, this is comparing some of the lower tier of each class where diminishing returns makes that a moot point with the spread difference lessening with top tier armor.
  13. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

14. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

well then i stand corrected, the guardian i spoke to gave me inflated values and i know i didn't hear them wrong as i was looking at my own spells at the time and was comparing the differences.
    which was probably due to AA bulking in hindsight and gave me the impression Guardians had better defensive abilities than we have where ours are more DPS oriented. was just a misconception as i read what he wrote and didn't think about the AA ability to bulking where we have duration enhancements.
  15. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Anjin Guest

I'd like to see the ability to buff +melee skills in RoK. I'm fed up with being unable to keep aggro if I'm forced to go into defensive stance without a warden in the MT/OT group :/ I do now use Defensive Stance to reduce the loss of melee skills, but obviously only get the mitigation, not avoidance benefit.
  17. ARCHIVED-ChopStix Guest

i see alot on the guardians tree that we dont get.... they get added damage to 6 combat arts and then the endline ability is 10% more double attack.... ours we get added damage to our aoes and our endline increases radius and reduces resistability by 10%<---- complete junk----.. also the guardians can make up more double attack through eof relic armor [9% more i believe]
    if the beserker tree had an option like the guardians ,we beserkers would actually have an aa line that did some good to our dps..

oh,read on in the guardian tree, much better achievement tree by far than the crap we beserkers get...
  18. ARCHIVED-Alaward Guest

If you are having problems holding aggro in defensive stance, try using the lvl5 version. Yes, you lose avoidance, and approx. 1200 cold resist; imo if you rely on this cold resist you have bigger issues than holding aggro. However, the penalty to atk skills is only -1.8, meaning you can still hit everything and hold aggro. BONUS CAVEAT: You still get the +15% mit bonus to all your armor. Now this is where the ray of hope comes into play: with RoK coming up, there is an unconfirmed report that we will be getting 20aa's on each tree (a friend on test told me they ARE IN FACT TESTING THIS). With this setup, you will be able to finish the INT line on the kos tree and voila, the lost avoidance is back.
    Secondly, i think people exaggerate the fact that guards are caught up to us on dps because this is really not the case. Yes, they got a boost. They needed it. But on group encounters we DESTROY guards on dps as intended and if you can't outparse your guard you need to start kissing his or her *** because either they are an insane player or you suck something fierce, or a combination of the two.
    Lastly, I will agree that our EoF aa tree is absolute crap; really the only good skills for PVE are the reuse timers for OW and DEST, and the Jugg timer buff. The rest of the tree only really helps PVP players as you get longer stuns and debuffs on all the rest of your skills. And speaking of debuffs, dont underestimate the importance of our combat debuffs; the 20% atk speed reduction on disfigure is freaking amazing, as well as the reduction in attack skills on Pers. battering. The only change I would make is instead of the cyclone ability, make something like a 5min recast, 45sec duration self only recast/reuse timer buff, like 25% faster or something, only while berserk. Makes using the our aoe skills actually worthwhile.
  19. ARCHIVED-Dimglow Guest

Amuga@Unrest wrote:
    I'm glad they're at least testing more achievements. They're almost more fun than real levels. I think maybe the devs realized that as well.

Hopefully Berserkers get an EoF tree worthy of 70 achievements.
  20. ARCHIVED-Anjin Guest

Amuga@Unrest wrote:
    Defensive Stance is the lvl 5 version - maybe my post was a bit confusing! It's a bit crazy that a) we're resigned to using a lvl 5 stance and b) that actual problem isn't the lvl 5 stance but the fact that we lack a melee skill buff. We should be pusing to have this resolved not looking at using 20 aa points and a lvl 5 defensive stance to botch a solution.