Will Stats Change when AoM is Released?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Bashem, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Bashem Well-Known Member

I just starting this thread to see whats known on AoM as far as how our stats will work?
    I am asking to give some insights if need to be looking for new gear for it.
    If the question already been asked/answered then can you please post a link to it.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You'll get new gear in expac.

Stats will change.

Wait for beta :)
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

Feldon likes this.
  4. Javos Member

I thought I heard something about bringing Resists back to a higher importance, but can't remember where I heard it from.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

You can view the EQ2 Systems panel slides from SOE Live 2014 here (thanks Finora):
    http://eq2wire.com/2014/08/16/soe-live-everquest-ii-mechanicssystems-panel-slides/

You can watch a video of the EQ2 Systems panel from SOE Live 2014 here:
    http://eq2wire.com/2014/08/24/watch-the-everquest-ii-mechanics-panel-from-soe-live-2014/

There is no itemization/stats reset this year, which is why there was no Itemization panel. We're now building on the work done with Tears of Veeshan. If you want to know what's coming in the expansion, rather than delve into rumors, half-truths, and speculation, why not get the info from the horse's mouth?
    Sisca, Deveryn and Finora like this.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

Thank you Feldon. I knew someone would come by with it :).
    Feldon likes this.
  7. oldskool Active Member

8. Sisca Well-Known Member

And if you're all access open beta starts next week so you could check for yourself. I know, crazy talk o_O
    Feldon likes this.
  9. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

This is about the only rumor lately with truth. I'm a "if there's smoke, there's fire!" sorta person so I tend to do my research when people start spreading rumors :p Resists are apparently going to be more important as entry checks again, according to the dev panel.

Seems fair too, since Crit Mit is going bye bye and the new Crit mechanic lends itself to "Getting crit is nice, but you'll Crit anyways as long as you have a min. of 100%". Now even our critting is tiered :p
    Feldon likes this.
  10. Bashem Well-Known Member

I am all access and I dont like to make post like this as I am not looking for sympathy and maybe I will be able to do some limited time checking out the beta when it arrives but due to having to take pain meds for my neck and back problems I am not able to play much these days.
    I can access forums for info but pretty limited on time I actually play game these days so I counting on other people to fill me in on whats going on.
  11. Sisca Well-Known Member

Sorry, that was aimed specifically at you but was more in support of what Feldon was saying. Why come here and start a speculation thread when next week there will be a large number of people that will actually be spending some time with it that can give you more solid info.

Honestly, I'd suggest checking out the links that Feldon & Finora posted. If there's stuff that you see there that isn't clear or you're curious about how it actually works then maybe use this thread or one like it to post questions you'd like answers to. I for one will be glad to go check out specific stuff that others can't for whatever reason. It will give me something to actually test so I feel like my time there is productive.

If there's specific stuff you think of that isn't mentioned in any of the above then, again put it here and I'll be glad to see if I can figure it out next week.
    Feldon likes this.
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

Has SOE ever done a Beta, per se? There has always been the Test Server...but I don't remember Beta Testing content before an expansion? Or am I just getting forgetful?
  13. Sisca Well-Known Member

They've done a beta for pretty much every expansion. Most have been apply & get an invite but they seem to be going to the open beta system where anyone can join.

There's an actual Beta server, though it's currently down, and you can copy your current characters to it by logging them in and typing /beta. Once the server comes back up you can click the language in the upper left corner of the Launchpad and it will let you choose the Beta server. Be warned this will create a new sub-dir under your EQ2 directory and download all of the files so it could take a while.
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

There has been a Beta for EVERY expansion plus the original launch of the game. The last 3 betas have been open to the public while the previous ones were all under NDA.
    Shmogre, Deveryn and Finora like this.
  15. Raff Well-Known Member

Huh, well I'll be...guess I just played and never gave it a thought.
  16. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The ToV beta gave Blessed of Veeshan Reward Bundle in /claim on Live for doing a certain # of quests in the beta. You had to claim the reward before you could earn another, and there was no limit as to how many you could earn.

Apparently there is going to be some sort of similar reward for testing the AoM beta.
    Feldon likes this.
  17. Drunder40 New Member

Just got back after 5 years and I believe I am like 3 expansions behind.. Was wondering if I buy the new one coming out in November (I think) will that give me the 3 I don't currently have or will I have to buy all 4. I am on an all access account.. Thanks
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

When the new expansion releases it will include the last one (Tears of Veeshan). Chains of Eternity (2012 expansion) will join the rest of the content expansions as part of the stuff available without purchase.

Age of Discovery (feature "expansion") isn't sold like regular expansions anymore. It can be purchased as a whole or by feature in the SC marketplace. 4000 SC for the whole, 1000-2500 for the separate pieces. Nothing there is absolutely required for play though.
  19. Drunder40 New Member

Appreciate the fast reply.. just so I understand all this, If I buy the new expansion when it comes out, it will include ToV and CoE..

Can you explain what the AoD expansion is exactly.. I am not sure what a "Feature" expansion is and how it differs from regular expansions...

Not sure what expansions I already own..is there a way to check.. I tried looking in my account but if it was there it doesn't seem to be in a very obvious place.. or I could be blind :)

Do you (or does anyone) know when the next expansion is slated for release.. I think I read November somewhere but then I also read that some say later... Just curious..

Thanks again.
  20. Finora Well-Known Member

AoD did not add any new zones or quests.

It added the ability to hire mercenaries, reforge your equipment, play a beastlord, hire tradeskill apprentices, it also added the dungeon maker. You can run dungeon maker dungeons without it, but you can not build them or use the tokens unless you own that feature.

/show_account_features will list what you have.

Though everything up to Destiny of Velious is currently free with downloading the game so you'll have at least that.