Will of the Shiverback King - anyone bother using it?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Thorine, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Controlor Member

As of last week it still works as i described, don't think they fixed anything or if they did they obviously didn't fix properly.
  2. Boli Active Member

This is a purposeful (but comical) necro of a 2 year old thread. :)

Last night my 3 "Will of the Shiverback King" green adorns finally all dinged 50 *sniffs* such a proud day. :D

Curiosity notes:
    • I found this during a google search looking for decent tanking green adorns to replace my current and recognised the title remembering my frustration at its slow leveling pace
    • I left raiding in February and the game in April of 2012 and only returned last week (explaining the research I've been doing) so it didn't take me all this time to level up these adornments
    • It was fixed in an update and experience retroactively given; although annoyingly before I moved onto "will", so I took off my level 50 "grit" and slotted in my level 1 "will".
    Ahhh, google - why won't you give me an up to date list of green adorns .. darn it! :(
  3. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Welcome back Boli! There are currently 3 "new" adorn in the Altar of Malice expansion.

The tank adorn: Bulwark of Malice
    The "scout" adorn: Core of the Fanatic
    The "caster" adorn: Bonecaster's Focus Crystal

Currently these only drop in raid zones (off of trash or the odd named, I think). There are plenty to find from ToV, but these current adorns are so much better than those in ToV they are worth getting whenever you can.
  4. Regolas Well-Known Member

I still use my wills on my tanks as I refuse/can't afford to pay thousands of plat for the AoM ones.
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

Form a group and kill raid trash?
  6. headbusta Active Member

Just stay out of Zav, trash in there hits harder than most of the raid named mobs. Trash in HH, Brokenskull, Temple can all be duo'd by tank/healer if need be...
  7. Atan Well-Known Member

Yeah, the trash in Zav has that affect that lowers the mitigation of their target. With a single tank, getting more than a couple of them on you can be a bit rough. It certainly takes a much better geared group to do the Zav trash, but there is PLENTY of trash in the other zones that all drop belts, cloaks, and more importantly green adorns.
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

It's on the list of things to do. I've managed about an hour so far on my dirge.

Tbh I've not dedicated a lot of time this xpac, only have one toon in full green gear and it's not upgraded yet through lack of ferrins.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

Gotcha.

It seems things are reasonably in reach this expansion, just a matter of finding a few people willing to go work on it with you.