Will Days Of Summer be 'enough' to allow you to play next expac?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by CoLD MeTaL, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Surprisingly, it really is your wrists. Your fingers are puppets. They're operated by muscles in your forearms (excepting your thumb), and the puppet "strings" are the tendons that run through the carpal tunnel in your wrist. The blood vessels and nerves also run in the same pretty tight space.

The more you do with your fingers, the more the tendons rub against one another. Friction eventually results in inflammation. When it gets bad enough that you get swelling inside the wrist, then that pinches both the nerves and can impede the blood flow. Carpal tunnel really doesn't hurt in the wrist. It hurts in the fingers, and sometimes in the neck, of all places.

Try the ice on your wrists and consider the other suggestions I made earlier. Ice is the easiest, cheapest "miracle drug" there is. For one week, try icing your wrists every evening after you quit playing for 15-20 minutes: I am willing to bet your fingers will feel better.
    Prissetta and Dude like this.
  2. Kheldorm Active Member

/shrug. Doing the panda ones, but my little guild still can't handle all but the simplest two heroics, never mind experts.
    None of us even have a single ethereal coin, or whatever BS is it.

Doubt it will matter though, the next expansion will have trash mobs with 100,000,000,000,000,000 hitpoints, and be immune to any damage unless you have the new DBC stat on all your gear (purchasable in the store, with a 10% member discount of course!)
    CoLD MeTaL likes this.
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I'm thinking we shouldn't buy the expac if that's the case. I got 10 years of stuff to do just getting alts epic 2s, without buying anything else.
  4. Almee Well-Known Member

Thank you for your suggestions, Sigrdrifa, I'll try them out and see if they help.

I don't think any of us should make judgements about the new xpac yet as there is so little we know about it. The prequel seems harmless enough. We even got ports rather than having to fly all over the place.

Once you've done the prequel, with one toon, it is pretty easy to do it with all your characters unless you have as many as I do. I'm still trying to get through the KA portal with many of my toons. I love the reward but I'm not as crazy about getting them through lvls 98-100. I really enjoy leveling up to 97 but after that I'd just as soon have a root canal.

It was pretty easy to get all of my IoR toons to 100 thanks to being in a huge guild during the early days of the server. I'm still in the guild but members have dropped to the wayside over time.

Maj'Dul is just plain nuts. Skyshrine always seems to be mobbed as are most of the contested zones that facilitate leveling. There also aren't nearly as many people doing agnostics so the last 3 levels are a real PITA that grind me up and spit me out.

And that is why my hands hurt so much. The xp bar barely moves, without the xp pot, so I try to get as many mobs killed as possible while the xp pot is active. A solid hour of clicking, even with macros, is horrible on my hands.

I was actually happy, yesterday, that the daily objectives was down. By the time I'd run two characters through their daily trades, checked deity points, got ascension scrolls, checked merc leveling, unloaded ponies and goblins, completed the Days of Summer quest and the PoP prequel, and participated in two PQs, I was exhausted--and that was after a day of rest.

So I'm not really looking forward to today's EQ2 activities but it is either play the game or sit here like a zombie and watch movies and YouTube videos that I will forget as soon as they are over. It isn't even a contest between the two.

I hope DBG has reduced the clicking needed for PoP but I'm not holding my breath. I've complained, in the past, about things like mobs throwing us up in the air and guess who just added that lovely feature to KA? I guess DBG didn't think KA was obnoxious enough already.

I've rambled on long enough. I'm sure there will be features we love and hate in PoP. We'll just have to wait and see if it is worth the money to buy the xpac. Meanwhile, I'll keep my subs to monthly renewals just in case.