Will CoE contain previous expansions?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Uinael_Guk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Reichan Guest

Iad wrote:
    Anyone know If I buy CoE CE, can I use werewolf merc without buying AoD?
  2. ARCHIVED-Iad Guest

Reichan wrote:
    You will need to purchase AoD to use the merc.
  3. ARCHIVED-yohann koldheart Guest

on their newest facebook update they said the new expansion will include DoV but not AoD

[IMG]
    EverQuest 2

We've gotten a few questions about this in particular, so I wanted to let you know -- yes, Chains of Eternity will include Destiny of Velious. It won't include Age of Discovery. That is a stand-alone feature expansion, so you will need to purchase it separately. [Dexella]
  4. ARCHIVED-yohann koldheart Guest

Reichan wrote:

Dexella [IMG]

Community Relations
    [IMG]

ChrissyFaey wrote:
    You do need AoD to use Mercenaries, including the one in the Collector's Edition.
  5. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Malvin@Lucan DLere wrote:
    look up the word steal you'll find that isnt what soe is doing. also if you came back thinking FTP means free access to everything with no strings or conditions attached you are incredibly naive.
    secondly the $15/month subsciption is payment for access to the game without the restrictions on free/silver accounts paying that sub does not entitle you to a free package of every xpac they make.
    the sub people pay goes to maintaince of the game, development of both free GUs and xpacs and finally profits to the shareholders. SOE is not a charity they are in it for the money nothing else. the money they make on this game justifies the continued development of it.

There is always a catch nothing is free and without conditons of some kind. you got your account off SOE free but your account has strings attached to it.
  6. ARCHIVED-petmyllama Guest

Well that is unfortunate. Thanks for the question asked and the follow up here as it made my decision much easier. I cannot justify returning full time to EQ2 for the price of 2 expansions. I had planned on getting the CoE CE edition but even at the pre-order sale price of $60, I would STILL have to cough up another $40 minimum for AoD on top of my Station Pass sub. SOE has bundled every previous expansion with the newly released expanison for years and years now. AoD is special enough to change that policy I guess.
    Yes I realize that AoD is not required to progress but it is required if you intend to take advantage of the mercs or play a beastlord.
    And no, you can't have my stuff. =P
  7. ARCHIVED-Volov Guest

Fezzle@Blackburrow wrote:
    Agreed, I will not be coming back to the game. My guess is that Sony will squeeze every single penny they can out of the idiots who buy this expansion and then 3 months down the road start including AoD for free to get those who didn't buy the expansion to come on board. Not going to have anything to do with that.

Here is some math for fun.. CoE CE edition 60 bucks, AoD 40 bucks x 3 for my entire family is 300 bucks just to 'buy the game'. Then for a year at 15 bucks a month that 180 bucks a year, x3 = $540.00 Add in the expansion cost it brings me to $840.00.
    That's $840.00 for my family to play a video game during a time when unemployement is sky high and the encomy is terrible. Thanks Sony!
  8. ARCHIVED-bucketon Guest

I would guess AOD is going to come down to 19.99 probably soon.
    Anyway, does anyone know if you get the other one as soon as you pre order, or do you have to wait for the new one to be released?
  9. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

bucketon wrote:
    If you pre-order CoE and do not own DoV you will get access to both DoV and CoE the day you are billed for the expansion(the release date). better to preorder, wait and get both for $40 if standard edition.
  10. ARCHIVED-Reichan Guest

Iad and yohann koldheart, Thank you for your information :)