Will CoE contain previous expansions?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Uinael_Guk, Oct 7, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Uinael_Guk Guest

I quit playing at SF, so I never bought Velious nor Discovery. I was thinking of coming back, but hearing an expansion is just a month or so away, do they really expect people to drop down 40, 20 and then another 40 in addition to 15/month in order to catch up to current content?
    Maybe the next expansion will contain the other two? Has anyone heard of that?
    (I know, I don't have to pay $15/month, but there is 0 reason to play at a level other than gold for me. Free/Silver is only good for new players who want a long trial of the game)
  2. ARCHIVED-Iad Guest

I do not think they have mentioned whether or not they will be bundling previous expansions. I would think SoE would bundle at least Velious with the new expansion, but we do not have confirmation from SoE (that I have seen).
  3. ARCHIVED-Uinael_Guk Guest

Iad wrote:
    Cool thanks. I guess I'll wait and see. I'm shocked the latest is still $40 =/ I'd probably buy them both if they were 20 a piece.
  4. ARCHIVED-bucketon Guest

I'm very interested in knowing this too, surely at this stage they must have made a decision on it?
    I've missed the boat on the half price expansions, so i dont really want to pay full price, if they are getting bundled with the new one or plummeting in price next month.
  5. ARCHIVED-Uinael_Guk Guest

I just called and the customer support person said he wasn't sure about the bundling for CoE. Then again, he didn't know off the top of his head that Age of Discovery was the latest expansion, so I'm not too sure about the person I spoke with.
    SOE has to smarten up. They want players, but at this point in time do they really expect people to pay $60 to catch up on expansions with another looming? They give away all the content (that I originally bought) for free now, yet try to pinch pennies on the newer stuff?
    Come on... bundle the two, charge $25 and then bundle them both with CoE when that's released.
  6. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

Would be interesting to get this question answered.
    But I think I remember a while back SOE saying they wont be doing the bundling thing anymore.
    (don't quote me, I could be wrong)
  7. ARCHIVED-Uinael_Guk Guest

If they're not going to do the bundle route, they should definitely lower prices on former packs. $20 isn't too bad for DoV now, but I'm shocked the latest is still $40..
  8. ARCHIVED-Iad Guest

Mohee wrote:
    No, you are remembering correctly. SJ mentioned that, but SoE say a lot of things that change, such as expansions no longer being content based after Velious. Obviously that didn't last long seeing as how CoE will be content based.
  9. ARCHIVED-Uinael_Guk Guest

AoD at $40 a month away from another expansion is the biggest ripoff I've seen with gaming. Heck, based on what we used to get with EQ1 and some EQ2 early expansions, AoD should have been $20 at launch and roughly $5-$10 by now.
    Smed's greed is making me re-think returning to the game even if CoE does bundle previous expansions. How much penny pinching is this company doing now?
  10. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

Luceus@Everfrost wrote:
    A lot!
  11. ARCHIVED-ZUES Guest

As long as smed is in charge, expect the worst case scenario. Start saving your money or play GW2.
  12. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Luceus@Everfrost wrote:
    AOD isnt really an expansion it's more like a feature pack then anything else you dont need it to progress at endgame content.
  13. ARCHIVED-Uinael_Guk Guest

General_Info wrote:
    What about level 92? Is that part of the expansion or was that a side thing? If I can level up to 92 and do a lot of the fun Velious stuff I may end up picking up SoV and waiting until AoD hits the bargain bin sometime.
    (and while I'm at it, what exactly do I not get w/o AoD? I know it comes with Mercs, maybe dungeon builder, what about the AA's?)
    Thanks
  14. ARCHIVED-Iad Guest

• 20 AA
    • Tradeskill Apprentice
    • Beastlord Class
    • Mercs
    • Reforging
    • Build your own dungeon
    Do not need AoD to get to level 92.
  15. ARCHIVED-Volov Guest

If they make the previous expansions free then I will come back to the game with the new expansion. Personally, I thought it was unethical for them to charge money for the last 'expansion' that wasn't an expansion. It would be nice if Sony would stop thinking up of new ways to rip people off/steal their money, and spend more time making an enjoyable gaming experience that I wouldn't mind paying 20 bucks a month for.
  16. ARCHIVED-Zergosch Guest

We will never know it, till it hits us ;) and i bet it will hit ;P
  17. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Malvin@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Firstly the last expansion is in no way required to progress in any shape or form so what's the issue? you didnt need to buy it then you dont need to buy it now.
    soe is not 'stealing' it's not like they are charging for things to your account or CC that you did not consent to or anyone else for that matter.
    also nothing is stopping you from not coming back after all you dont have to pay SOE a dime... unless you want to paly at the top level which i think is your real issue that you can play for free but not at the top tier.
  18. ARCHIVED-Volov Guest

General_Info wrote:
    So, I am to pay 15 dollars a month to help subsidize the expansion that wasn't an expansion? No thank you, and if you don't think that 15 a month isn't going towards fixing bugs and dealing with expansion content then you are insane. I'm not paying for that shenanigans. For every person who continued to pay 15 bucks a month but didn't buy that expansion they were getting robbed from SOE. Trust me, SOE wasn't creating improving end game content. And for those who did pay for that expansion they were getting robbed to. Those were features that historically were always included in the game and should have been sub updates. The drop in subscription numbers is proof of that.
    It looks like Sony may have learned their lesson though, well hopefully with this new expansion they have. Most still have a problem though paying for what is now a F2P game. It's kind of bizzare how Sony is ripping people on that one. EQ2 is a F2P game! Come play for free and we will micro charge you for almost everything... oh but wait, when you get to the end game you will need to go subscription to be able to keep up with everybody else. SHENANIGANS
    Edit, to add insult to injury you need to pay 30 to 50 bucks for the expansion too! lol
  19. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

With that logic you can complain about every "FTP" game out there. Get this into your heads people: There are no free lunches. LoTRO just had their new Rohan expansion. It is a "FTP" game, yet you still have to buy quest packs and other things that you may want to progress through if you are on the FTP tier. Think of them always as FTTry. Unless you are willing to stay at the cheapo tier, restricted in play, then you have to pay something. Vanguard is FTP too, with restrictions on bag space, etc. You want bag space? You want to use a gold restricted item? Pay up.
  20. ARCHIVED-Iad Guest

As assumed, CoE will include Velious but not AoD.
    From twitter: "FYI, since some have asked: Chains of Eternity WILL include Destiny of Velious. It won't include Age of Discovery. [Dexella]"