Will Beta Copy be available for Frostfell Testing?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Calthine, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Calthine Well-Known Member

As of this morning Beta is still giving login server errors. Will it be available (and patched) next Monday for Frostfell testing? We only have like two days to test Frostfell, so every resource available would be appreciated.
  2. Guiscard Active Member

I suspect SOE is not interested in testing feedback anymore.
  3. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

I can't believe they're only giving 2 days for Frostfell testing! I really hope there are new things to do and make this year! A skimpy Frostfell would be awfully disappointing!
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

You can still get on Test, you just have to start over from lvl 1 meaning if you are there to test you will and maybe meet some new people. If you are there to just get a sneak peek at new content... tough luck. The Beta server is probably only opened for periodic testing.

It is a change but in a way I can understand why SOE would do this, if what I suggest is indeed what they are doing.
  5. Guiscard Active Member

Without being able to copy toons over there is no way to test high level content. If you already have high level on Live - it is not worth the time to grind a high level on test as you have no access to plats, and gear which the account may have on live.

Sound like SOE is no longer interested in genuine testing --
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

or focused testing only when they want it. Either way we both could be right o_O.
  7. Calthine Well-Known Member

8. Lizabethan Active Member

Count me in for the early morning testing shift (about 2 AM) so we can have all of this down before it pushes to live.
  9. Lyndro Active Member

Frostfell should be on Test sometime Thursday if all goes according to plan, and Beta should be up for copies as well.
    Afista and Calthine like this.
  10. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Good to know that a full week of testing will be available for Frostfell as well as toon copying. Looking forward to the event notes.
  11. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

yay!
    *dances*
  12. Lizabethan Active Member

You're the best, Lyndro! We were worried about cramming three days of testing in, but a week's so much better. :)
    Calthine likes this.
  13. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

ooOOOooo.. I was just patching test server and saw something that said "patching permafrost_frostfell"!!!!
  14. Calthine Well-Known Member

*bounce bounce bounce bounce*
  15. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Testers are getting twitchy! Okay, at least I am... :D Was this pushed off another day?
  16. Calthine Well-Known Member

Or will it be this afternoon too? Cyliena's getting REALLY twitchy :)
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

From what I understand, the US servers will be coming down TODAY :))!) at 4 pm, PST, or basically in another hour. They'll be expected to be down for the usual hour (which means they might be done by dinnertime, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!). ;->

Uwk
  18. Calthine Well-Known Member

But usually that doesn't include Test...
  19. Mononic New Member

Well, there was a patch for Test, and there is now a giant tree in QH and FP, but nothing else.
  20. Lizabethan Active Member

Yes, thanks so much for our gorgeous Frostfell tree, but might we see the rest? ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.