Will a suped up Scout/Assassin pet do enough DPS for soloing?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Hugh, Sep 4, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Hugh Guest

Managed to get my Necro to 32 yesterday while questing in EL, wanting to know if I should bring that pet out. (Once I find the Master I spell)
    Right now I'm just soloing and using the Undying tank pet to soak up damage from targets.
    Will the pet do enough DPS before mobs can take it down or it's more of a group dynamic thing where I'll need either a healer or tank if I want to keep that new pet up?
  2. ARCHIVED-stgninja Guest

Depends on which mobs your facing. I'd say for blue cons and below its pretty safe to use the scout pet.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mewse Guest

You can solo with a scout pet. Just watch your aggro carefully. You can really run into an issue with yellow cons or higher because the scout pet's CA's and autoattack just don't land often enough to hold aggro. Keep root and fear handy just in case.
  4. ARCHIVED-Hugh Guest

Sounds like a fun investment then! Thanks for the advice guys!
    Will have to respec the AA spend it with the Tank/Scout pet, so far I'm able to solo yellow cons level 33-35 mobs without much trouble using the tank pet.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kirotaan Guest

I figure if you can kill it quick enough using the scout pet then I think you're safe. Hell sometimes I even tank the mobs and drain life while I let the scout beat on a mob. I just kinda like to solo with the tank pet more. I agree with everyone here that it's not a bad idea to use the scout pet; however, I would say that the tank pet is designed to help you solo and you could/should use it for it's inteded purpose. That's me.

Ohh and as a side note I remembered that the scout pet can use the taunt skill from the STA line. It's not restricted to the tank pet.
  6. ARCHIVED-Hugh Guest

Went ahead and bought the Master I of the Shadowy Stalker, and used the Offensive Stance (Master I) and the pet's tearing through (blue) turtles like a hot knife through butter now!
    I'm really pleased that I respent the AA points on scout/tank ignoring Undead Tide/Ooze Crawler.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kirotaan Guest

Yeah buffing your pets and getting the tainted heals skill happen to be some of the handiest things I think

Glad you're having fun with it.