Will a new TLE server be coming?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by LDEffectsMe, May 20, 2020.

1. LDEffectsMe Active Member

Just curious if there will be another TLE coming soon. I know nothing has been officially announced yet, but at least in EQ1 we can be relatively certain that at least one new TLP launches annually. (Usually more.)

One of my big regrets with EQ2 is never giving the game a fair shake and sticking with it when the population was relatively large. I never got to play any of the expansions or see much of anything. I've thought about making a character just to tool around and see some of the EQ1 sights redone with EQ2 graphics, but I figure I'll be spending a lot of time alone if I do that. If another TLE is in the cards, I'm going to give EQ2 a serious go.

Kaladim launched on the EQ1 anniversary last year. How often does EQ2 typically launch new TLE servers? Thank you.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Kaladim is only on the EoF expansion, RoK expansion is due to hit in June. So we are still level capped at 70.
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  3. LDEffectsMe Active Member

Are there still a lot of people leveling toward 70, or is everyone basically at the end game?

And also, what expansion introduced class epics and are those solo-able or do they require raiding?
  4. dorotea Well-Known Member

Quite a few people are returning to the game and picking this server it is *crowded* in leveling zones.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Class epics will not be soloable by any means until you wait for them to be very grey content to you.

RoK which is scheduled to release in June raises the level cap to 80 and the epic weapons quests are level 80 and were released with GU42 which occurred about 6 months after the expac released, so I would hazard a guess that these quests will be in the mid-expansion content about 8 weeks after RoK launches. There are Heroic and Raid versions of each of these questlines.

As dorotea stated, there are people in all of the zones. I don't think there has been a time since the launch of the server 14 months ago when any zone has been barren. There are always people LFG for every level range.
  6. Melt Actually plays the game

Everyone is basically end game. Outside of a few specific periods of time you'll be hard pressed to find any groups, unless you have some sort of carrot to dangle. Luckily, I have a level 70 SK to box so I can bait people with alts into grouping.
    LDEffectsMe likes this.
  7. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Every time they launched a new TLE it's predecessor died.
    R.I.P. Stormhold
    R.I.P. Fallen Gate
  8. LDEffectsMe Active Member

That's how it happens in EQ1 every year. They launch 1-2 new TLP servers and the ones before it become ghost towns. I think they consider it a net positive though because they have metrics to show they're launching the new servers at an expansion where a bulk of people otherwise jump ship. This helps them retain the greatest number of subs, even if it kills the last server's population.
  9. dorotea Well-Known Member

I wasn't on the previous TLE servers. Some people that were say they are doing some things better with Kaladim and maybe it will last longer. People also say that the populations of the last two started to drop significantly and they pulled the plug for that reason not because of a pre-existing plan to replace them when they did. Population of Kaladim seems to be soaring though in an expansion or two or three yes that could reverse itself.

The server will live until it dies and not a minute longer.
  10. KaladimNate Member

I'd not expect another TLE announcement for at least another year. I believe that's one of the reasons they did 4 month expansion blocks this time around, so that the server will take longer to get into SF/DoV, and thus will live longer. On a 3 month schedule, Kaladim would be somewhere around SF/DoV right now, which is usually when people start dropping the game (although not as starkly as EQ1 and PoP).
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Daybreak or now Darkpaw does not want to kill any server , when the population went down on Fallen Gate they opened another server , yes , but there is only a limited number of people playing on TLE , they would have had to play on both servers and we would have now 2 TLE servers to pick from , but almost everybody rushed of to play on the new server , and only when FG was just a ghost town did they take down FG Stormhold just had to many problems , Deathtoll was even worse .
    It looks like Kaladim might last longer so far so good .
    Breanna likes this.